Fonterra Employee Review

Changing Culture.
TANKER OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  FONTERRA, Te Awamutu10 July 2014
Over 100 drivers in our transport depot split into 3 rosters 3x days, 3x nights, 3x days off. Every day is different which is good. Our trucks run 24/7 so getting good shift partners is vital as 3 drivers share the same truck. The culture at work has changed over the last 5 yrs from being more friendly environment to corporate and uncaring due to the new management structure. H/S and ACC has a lot to do with this change where now we have to follow painted walk ways, guardrail with gates paths ways and crossings, we have to wear safety glasses around in all Fonterra factories and depots which has created the "safety glasses police" if you forget to put them on.
Management wants us to follow path ways and suppress individuality and when you challenge their decisions they say there's the gate if you don't like it. The latest is we are not allowed to wear slip on boots, a decision made by some one who doesn't wear boots but makes the law with no consultation with the people that wear work boots.
Pros
$32.70 p/h, super-$1.50 to my $1.00, free medical, union, holidays.
Cons
Night shift, shift work

Other Fonterra Employee Reviews

very productive
Level Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Waitoa, 338010 November 2019
I have really enjoyed working at fonterra. The people are so caring for each other. very friendly team and environment. Hardly no two days are the same.
Good organization
P&S Operational Inventory Planner (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland10 October 2019
Everything is well organized and it has lots of opportunities to work and develop my skills and experiences. Working environment is also good and uselful training is always provided
Pros
Good organization

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fonterra. Our community is ready to answer.