Fonterra Employee Reviews

A great company to work with that cares for its employees
Pick and Pack (Current Employee) –  Auckland, Paerata26 June 2013
Usually busy but learned a lot of skills relevant for the job. Those that manage the branch where i work i believe are the best who not only know their duties, but also work along side in a very uplifting manner that make all satisfied.
We, together with all employee always work as a team. Great people.
It was hard at first to work in the chiller but, now is not a problem. Have enjoyed every part of the job.
Great atmosphere to work in
Fixed term Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Whareroa, Hawera, Taranaki22 April 2013
I really enjoyed my time at Fonterra. I liked the structure they have in place to manage a large number of people and it works very well.
Pros
working with people of all ages and cultures
Cons
on your feet for long hours
Good pay and reasonable conditions.
Electrical/Instrumentation Technician (Former Employee) –  Northland, New Zealand2 April 2013
As with all big companies "politics" can become a bit of a pain, the secret is not to get sucked in. On smaller factories like mine it meant there was no shift cover so an "on call" roster prevailed. So after working a 10.5 hour shift you still have to be available at night and through the weekend, yes there were call outs and we had to use our personal vehicles for this company business, something I strongly disagreed with. I guess you could say staying awake in the 40+ degree heat in the factory after a week on call would be the hardest part of the job, mind you there is always the air con in the control room.
I did enjoy the challenge of the job when I first arrived in 2003, it had been until then under contract maintenance and was in a mess. Maintenance Best Practices, standardisation of equipment and a lot of effort from a new maintenance crew increased the Plant reliability year after year, until the last 2.5 years..........
Pros
good pay and reasonable conditions.
Cons
possible long unpaid hours on call
work fun place
packging (Former Employee) –  manukau7 February 2013
i love to challenge everyone by doing my job right and done nin time, and i want to improve that everyday, so that they can see me as a challenger person and im a fighter not a looser.
Pros
free lunches, and fun time
Cons
overtime
excellent company
Operations Logistics Planner (Former Employee) –  Auckland central20 December 2012
Friendly working environment. Exccellent job opportunities.
Great culture & opportunity to grow
Shares and Payments Specialist (Former Employee) –  Auckland CBD, NZ7 November 2012
My role had a lot of variety during the average day, ranging from solving issues with fellow employees/suppliers to entering important payments information into a payments system. Role also varied depending on time of year and time of month.

I learnt a lot about the dairy industry and Fonterra during my 2.5 years. My excel/word/powerpoint skills really developed here. I became very confident in public speaking/presenting training material.
Pros
icecream fridays, cheese sales, gym at lunchtime
Cons
some boring jobs - filing/data entry
Enjoyable
Operating Seamers (Current Employee) –  Hamilton20 October 2012
A Good enviroment to work in.Good Team to work with.Health And Safety working standards are excellent.
good people to work for
5b operator (Current Employee) –  Taranaki NZ14 September 2012
i do 12hour shifts,
i have enjoyed my job,the people,the work,
i operate machines that pack and wrap butter,its a manual job where we pull the machines apart and clean them and put them back together for production..
Great Workplace
Office administrator (Former Employee) –  Hawera New Zealand10 September 2012
A typical day at work is... Go though the security doors to go into the main Office administrator's office. Then I would ask what jobs need to be done and get the job done as well and as fast as I can so I could on to the next task. I would use Most of the computerized equipment for example. (Printer, Scanner, Shredder, laminator, telephones and a computer.)
I would sort mail into slots, do jobs for share holders such as. ( Making spread sheets, Filing, and even changing some fonts for them as well.)
I also had a lot of customer service skills after the job as I was having to talk to a lot of people.
I learn't so much at Fonterra like filing, printing, scanning, laminating, telephone communicator, talking more to people etc.
The hardest part of the job was probably Talking to people as I as a shy person until I started at Fonterra. That was the best thing about working at Fonterra as well I can talk to people very frequently now.
The most enjoyable part of the job was that I learn't so much whilst on he job at Fonterra but I really enjoyed being with people and conversating and working with a team at the front desk.
Pros
learn't so much
Cons
not having enough days.
A lifetime of committement to the Industry
National Milk Allocation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  London St Hamilton9 September 2012
My lifetime of committement to the company over a period of 46 years has been both rewarding and challenging.
productive and fun work place
process worker (Current Employee) –  New zealand hamilton waikato31 July 2012
having to do a hard day at work an going home 2 relax trust worthly person an very friendly,good team worker
Pros
free lunchers
fonterra
health&safety Rep (Former Employee) –  paerata8 July 2012
I really enjoyed working at fonterra the team work there was amazing
the work in general was very challenging,
a huge learning experience for me,
the hardest part of the job was the multitasking
the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and learning different cultures
the management were very supportive of my goals
Pros
team social events
Cons
yes long hrs were very rewarding for the pay packet