Fonterra
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Fonterra Employee Reviews

New Zealand129 reviews
Overall a very good factory to work. seasonal work. so 10%of laborers are temporary. Difficult to become a permanent employee even after one year.!2 hrs is too long for physical work since it is fast-paced work.
Pros
Moderate wage
Cons
12 Hrs shift
Very competitive people do not listen . Take long to make decisions . Great products .Very nice country with some friendly people . Company could not make any decisions
Pros
Great Country
Cons
too far
Fonterra is an amazing place to work. Great work like balance and working culture where everyone acts like a single unit working towards the same vision. Refreshing.
Its really good working at Fonterra 4 day on and 4 day off really good. My daily routine was testing samples not everyday was same it was more challenging day by day.
factory work so simple but monotonous, good pay, good hours, good benefits although at times a difficult work enviroment with some people you work with
Fonterra is a provided a good work environment and many personal development opportunities. It's a place for the ambitious ones to grow, and is moving away from its traditional bureaucratic mindset to a modern Company who embraces the youth.

Bonus structure needs to be more reflective on the people looking after the bigger accounts to increase motivation of employees. Needs to move away from the 'blame' culture.
Pros
Ice Cream Fridays, personal development
Cons
Bonus structure
Fonterra brands Tip Top is a great place to work for, the management and the culture there is amazing. Health & Safety will be highly rated as well as the quality in the company. I've learnt a lot where we do a lot of trainings. The hardest part of the job was leaving my position.
Pros
free breakfast once a month. Bbqs
I was hired to be extra help during the Christmas holidays as a helper . My duties were to merchandise the products we handled and rotate dates and display them in a presentable way on shelves in super markets.
You are often surrounded by some of the most brilliant and intelligent people in the country and so it's not hard to feel like you're learning something new everyday. It is also difficult sometimes as the company is a co-operative so there is the delicate challenge making profit but in a way the farmers are comfortable with, so this presents some unique challenges.
A very fast paced industry working long hours. Great salary as a forklift operator however supervisory roles were well under paid. A genuine opportunity to advance in the company both upwards and sideways. Fonterra open other doors through Emergency Response training, networking with other employees from other sites on various projects and social events outside the work place. The company also offered great health insurance for me and my family and an impressive superannuation scheme. Overall a secure and reputable company to work for.
Pros
Salary, Reputation of company, shift pattern lifestyle (4on4off)
Cons
Supervisory roles under paid, stress, long hours, work/home balance
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Fonterra?
I enjoyed thoroughly in Fonterra. Out of many few good thing are management they are easily accessible , Sitting arrangement based on mood and intensity of work, they are separate arrangement like focus area, sea side area and anyone can sit anywhere. Respect and value each other in the diversified environment. Most importantly they have separate praying area for muslims which is very rear to see in NZ .

I love to go back and work again in Fonterra:)
Working for the Fonterra Science Roadshow was my first ever paid job. It was also the job that allowed me build my confidence and communicate with a lot of strangers which has contributed to my abilities of providing good customer service. My employer allowed me to learn and grow not only as a person but also skill wise. Thank you for the contribution you had on creating the person I am today.
Very little regard for work culture or the well-being of workers in general. Communication between management and employees had a lot of room for improvement.
Pros
Decent Money
Cons
Long hours, ineffective communication, toxic work culture
I love to learn new things and things done right first time and every time.
I can work well with others and also on my own.

I love to have fun in my job as well as doing my job.
Pros
meeting new people and making new friends as well as making a living.
Cons
Was finding it hard to stand in one place for 12 hours
This company was originally Kiwi Trading when i joined company in 1999 after 2 years they bought Town and Country Northland and the company grew very pleasant to work for. I was promoted to 2IC within 6 months of joining. Kiwi trading and Anchor then combined and became Fonterra. Fonterra as a whole was an excellent conpany to work for very good incentives for all staff excellent health and safety reviews overall excellent company to work for
Pros
Recognition on work results
Cons
At intervals employment of store managers wasnt the greatest
Worked 3 years at fonterra collingwood st eltham as a process operator where i was required to set up and break.down also run machine lines in the process department
Pros
Good work mates good jobs
Cons
Indoors
Good environment, medium salary. Company with huge impact on business and society. Excellent experience
Innovative mind set constantly striving to get better and challenging the status quo. Cosmopolite culture with many nationalities and ethnicities working together.
I actually liked it but got sick at the time hence why I had to leave that job , It's a real easy job and I loved it ,It's fast pace and easy to learn what to do ,
Pros
Cruise job
multicultural
team coordination and the great place to work

health and safety play a major role.

management and training gives a great pleasure and knowledgeable
Great work place to work. on the job training. friendly people the enjoyable part of the job is being able to work o set targets and meeting them. also operating new equipment.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
good hours