Fonterra Employee Reviews

Productive with an immense feeling of accomplishment
Dairy Worker & ERT member (Former Employee) –  Whareroa18 August 2015
A good place to work at the time with a great salary package. Teamwork was at the forefront of my willingness to work there.
Also an awesome culture of safety in the workplace.
I built lasting friendships there.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Shift Work
A typical day for me is fast moving and can be extremely demanding.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Auckland, N12 August 2015
I am located at Tip Top, Mt Wellington so you can imagine it's like working for "Willy Wonker and the Chocolate Factory" (except we manufacture Ice Cream). This is a manufacturing sight along with your Administration/Customer Services offices. I see everyone as an individual not as to the job they do. The people here are great and you can have a good laugh!

On the job training happens quite often, keeping everyone up to speed with new products, system updates etc. I currently work with a team of 6 which was at one stage 10 and again is unfortunately dwindling down.
Pros
Free Ice Cream
Cons
Having to walk outside in order to get to the cafeteria
productive & fun
Final Product Sampler (Current Employee) –  Te Awamutu,9 August 2015
Learn heaps with surport great bunch of people
advantages within company to upskill into different roles
management are always helpful and pass on relevent information
Pros
4 days on 4 days off
Cons
12 hour days
Brilliant project
Health and Safety Lead (Former Employee) –  Pahiatua, New Zealand6 August 2015
Monitoring, auditing and ensuring that our contractors were compliant, Doing what they said they would do within their Site Specific Safety Plans. regular review of policies and procedures to ensure team efficiency.
Pros
Great team efficacy
Cons
None. All was good with everyone looking out for each other.
Open and relaxed place to work
Transactional Processor (Current Employee) –  Te Rapa, N11 July 2015
Processing in SAP majority of the day, encouraged to learn other aspects of the work flows. Always learning a little each day. All co-workers happy to offer assistance to each other, and a friendly bunch. Nothing hard about the job. Very much a team environment.
Pros
Flexible hours
Tanker Driver.
Truck & Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  Christchurch5 July 2015
Early starts on day shift then collect milk from around the Canterbury, Marlbrough,South Canterbury and North Otago.The milk then could end up at any milk factory within these areas.Night was a 5.00 pm start then basically the same as Day Shift.I learn,t A lot about the farming community and the areas that we travelled.When you seen your co-workers it was always good to catch up on what was happening at the different factory,s.The hardest part of the job was getting used to 3 days then 3 nights then 3 days off.
Pros
Cons
Long Hours and Shift work.
Fonterra has dedicated hardworking people with good work ethics
Process Worker (Former Employee) –  Eltham, NZ4 July 2015
Fonterra has a good training and incentive scheme in place the hours of work are good and the wages fair the managers and training and support for their workers is tremendous there are career opportunities
within the company and everyone has a chance for advancement.

The people care and the union is supportive and strong and the average worker can make a living on a good wage with promotions
available within the company.

Opportunity for advancement for the average person with the willingness to learn and use some common sense is encouraged and they have workers from all cultures and backgrounds and I think that is commendable. You do not go unnoticed for making an effort and your awarded for your achievements.

They believe in equal opportunity.
Pros
Good working conditions good people fair wages reconigition.
Cons
For me it was the travel involved from South Taranaki to Eltham
A good place to work
SAP Functional consultant (Former Employee) –  Auckland, NZ15 June 2015
it is one of the fastest growing company in India. The work environment of the company is good. People feel proud to be part of company as company provides full support to their employees in professional front. It has cross the branches in the world. So, I have a good opportunity to show my talent.
Productive place to work and lots of get together that they put on,so all staff could get together.
Purchasing and Inventory Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Te-Awamutu New Zealand11 June 2015
Very Productive and very family friendly ,if you needed time off for family things they would help in anyway they could.I had been with the company 30 years,and if you needed to learn new responsibilities training was always given.Management always work with the staff ,as to make a happy work place.Co-workers happy and friendy and got on most of the time.Miss-understanding was the hardest part of the job.The most enjoyable was the job itself .
Pros
Time off if needed
Cons
long hours sometimes
great place to work
Cheese processor (Former Employee) –  Eltham, new zealand16 April 2015
loved my job here typical day was loading and unloading of products off and onto pallets with all sorts of different product. Got to do this job with ease and then go home to my family.
my time there was full of learning opportunities, i always felt safe and taken care of.
labourer Agriculture Worker (Former Employee) –  New Zealand, Waikato district12 March 2015
my average daily experience was highly enjoyable, the atmosphere was always inviting and my co-workers were festive and polite. Everyone was well informed on there tasked duties, i would join each of the co-workers endeavors so i would learn and understand there tasks and use there knowledge to the best of my ability. i was taught the different species of cows and their named age groups such as calf's, hefa's and cows. i felt that my short amount of time working there i have learnt a great amount in this work area. i felt that knowing the non-needed calf's were to be slaughtered later in life was the hardest part of the job, but other than that my experience was very gratifying.
Pros
free dinners, events with other communities
A safe, fun and productive place to work
Filler operator of Infant formula production (Former Employee) –  Hamilton18 February 2015
It was really good working at Canpac. I meet a lot of good people. Managers were friendly but firm at the same time. I had the opportunity to run all machines including the fillers. The hardest part of work, would have to be, taking responsibility for production and the safety of other people. But otherwise I had good friends that had my back and that was 1 of the main reasons I went to work. Friendship
Pros
Friends and free fruit on a Wednesday
Cons
Negativity
Good place to work good friendly staff
trainer/operator (Former Employee) –  Eltham, N10 August 2014
typical day at work was go in do your job help others.Every day you learned new skills if you prepared to help others.Management was ok but needed to listen to workers more and co-workers good to get on with and enjoyed a joke.The hardest part of the job was getting your breaks if the work load was busy.The enjoyable part of the job was helping others and showing them new skills.
Pros
good super scheme is offered
Cons
management not listening to staff and canteen hrs
Changing Culture.
TANKER OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  FONTERRA, Te Awamutu10 July 2014
Over 100 drivers in our transport depot split into 3 rosters 3x days, 3x nights, 3x days off. Every day is different which is good. Our trucks run 24/7 so getting good shift partners is vital as 3 drivers share the same truck. The culture at work has changed over the last 5 yrs from being more friendly environment to corporate and uncaring due to the new management structure. H/S and ACC has a lot to do with this change where now we have to follow painted walk ways, guardrail with gates paths ways and crossings, we have to wear safety glasses around in all Fonterra factories and depots which has created the "safety glasses police" if you forget to put them on.
Management wants us to follow path ways and suppress individuality and when you challenge their decisions they say there's the gate if you don't like it. The latest is we are not allowed to wear slip on boots, a decision made by some one who doesn't wear boots but makes the law with no consultation with the people that wear work boots.
Pros
$32.70 p/h, super-$1.50 to my $1.00, free medical, union, holidays.
Cons
Night shift, shift work
Supportive colleagial environment with emphasis on personal development
I have enjoyed working for Fonterra and have appreciated the networks gained and the investment in my personal and professional development.
Pros
posiive working environment
Worked for Accounts Processing Department
Temp - Accounts Payable Processor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton12 May 2014
My co-workers were very friendly and helpful, fantastic to work with. Brilliant team. Basically it was a data entry position, entry and checking that all information on the invoice was correct with what was on the purchase order and summiting it for payment.
love it
Senior Operator Level (Former Employee) –  Longburn, N7 May 2014
12 shift star with tool box meeting learn about any problems during the last shift management style is good co workers good hardest part of the job 6 and 3 enjoyable part the team work
Pros
Awesome work place and people, safe inviorment
Cons
just one thing 6 on and 3 off killer but do enjoy 4 x4
A Great palce to work
Contract Shift maintenance technician (Current Employee) –  Edendale NZ8 April 2014
I provide technical breakdown repair on a roster covering a 24 hr operation. So involves being oncall.
Have learnt a great deal on milk powder production and packaging,,flow control,, pumping systems vacuum systems

Process of diagnosing PLC control issues

really good work environment and good work life balance
Pros
4 days on 4 days off roster
Cons
odd hrs
conrete plaster
conrete plaster (Former Employee) –  Christchurch, S6 April 2014
hi well start work off with a bef toolboxs meeting so everyone nos wats happening for the day every day your learning somethink new like how to mixs the plaster right so it easy to plaster like make it abit wetter when plasting the sealings cause you dont nwant it hard its much hard to deal with. My co worker are larfable honest hard working guys i all ways tell then we need to make money for our boss or eles its not worth being there.Well there wasnt no hardest part as long as everyone was doing there job and the most enjoyable part was all having larfs about each others plastering most off all i loved that job rain heil snow.thank you for your time.
Normal Day
Quality Assurance Analyst/ Master Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Auckland City6 April 2014
From the time you get into the office, review my emails, assess the urgent from BAU , work at clearing emails, Look at current Master Data Issues and resolving them. Attend online conferenecs or faciltate them.
Trouble shooting lobals Sales Netwrok Issues .

Learned alot about SAP and Global Processes, Documentation.

Great Team in working together, helping and upskilling each other.

Hardest part of the job the long hours.

Enjoyable part of the job is working with the great people.
Pros
One Icecream every 2 weeks
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fonterra. Our community is ready to answer.