Fonterra Employee Reviews

Normal Day
Quality Assurance Analyst/ Master Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Auckland City6 April 2014
From the time you get into the office, review my emails, assess the urgent from BAU , work at clearing emails, Look at current Master Data Issues and resolving them. Attend online conferenecs or faciltate them.
Trouble shooting lobals Sales Netwrok Issues .

Learned alot about SAP and Global Processes, Documentation.

Great Team in working together, helping and upskilling each other.

Hardest part of the job the long hours.

Enjoyable part of the job is working with the great people.
Pros
One Icecream every 2 weeks
fun and productive
Wrap Operator (Former Employee) –  Mount Wellington Auckland New Zealand19 March 2014
Enjoyed being part of a team and learning how to run the wrap machine co-workers were helpful in every department. It was fun and enjoyable learning other parts of the work place.
Pros
free ice cream
Cons
no cons
an ongoing learning experience
Ingredient Data Entry and Out Bound Product (Former Employee) –  Kaikoura,7 March 2014
At Fonterra I enjoyed the team environment and interacting with other departments.
Management supported and encouraged me to further my knowledge and skill base.
productive and enjoyable company to work for
Process Assistant L4 (Former Employee) –  New Zealand23 February 2014
there was no down falls working for fonterra ,
i gained new experience and the team was fabulous made my job alot easier what i liked about fonterra also was the benefits you get as worker and that they really looked after their workers
the environment was clean and safe and i meet some amazing new friends although it was seasonal and was only a temp/casual they looked after and treated me as one of the full time workers which made it even more enjoyable to go to work
thank you fonterra for the experience and knowledge ive gained the amazing team
i hope i do come accross another amazing company like yous.
productive work place
Process operator (Former Employee) –  Eltham Taranaki19 February 2014
a typical day at work is making sure that you are working in a clean environment and to be aware of the dangers around you.

I learnt that although the job given may seem easy you should always take any job serious no matter how big or small.

management always made sure that the workers were happy where they were and always asked workers where they can make the work place better for them both.

the hardest part of the job was to get used to the shift work.

the most enjoyable part of the job was making sure that every line and everyone was running smoothly and how everyone helped each other.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
good location and good team envoirment
Senior Operator Level (Former Employee) –  Longburn, N16 February 2014
I am left alone to do my job i can run all areas at longburn casein unit if i need help i will get it all in all its a good job good area just a shame i am not full time
Pros
paid work
Cons
not full time
Great Place to Benefit NZ
Manager Reporting Standards Solutions (Current Employee) –  Auckland, N11 February 2014
Great place to work and produce some benefits to farmers. Sone long hours needed, but where is that not the case in a performing company. Getting your head around whos doing what is the hardest part of the job.
Pros
Scope of work, Global company, Benefits
Cons
Numerous restructures
Productive and fun work environment
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Palmerston, S19 December 2013
Like the atmosphere and the variety of work that I did.
Recorded data, collected data, worked in GMP ISO laboratory,
Had safety jobs, cleaned and manage our laboratory, booked machines, trained staff, observed processes, did small projects, write up file notes, did experiments, partake in sensory panels, set up informal sensory panels, kept organised calendars for teams, send and organise micro testing of our products.
Very Good Quality Culture
QUALITY MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Auckland New Zealand7 December 2013
Go to the plant, interact with staff, go through Emails Prioririze days work after reviewing meeting schedules. At the end of the day, ask myself what was my contribution today.
Pros
Recognition for the values of the company
Cons
Miss Breaks sometimes
Fonterra
MATERIALS HANDLING STORE PERSON (Former Employee) –  Stratford Coolstores New Zealand2 December 2013
I enjoyed working for Fonterra for 9 years consecutively in various warehousing departments.
Work /Life balance, salary / benefits and job security were my personal prerequisites of an employer.
Pros
Superannation Scheme / Private Medical Insurance Provided
Work with honest and good colleges.
Retired (Former Employee) –  Edgecumbe,Bay of Plenty15 November 2013
We used to help our shift working mates, as much as possible.
Pros
I used to work here.
Cons
n/a
Productive and Fun Workplace
Purchasing and Supply Officer (Former Employee) –  Hawera, N9 November 2013
Excellent place to work. Fantastic Management and lots of incentives
Great Company to work for, Good Team
Process Operator, Boiler Operator (Former Employee) –  Waitoa6 November 2013
Good rosters 4 on/ 4 off,
Great team to work with
Easy to talk to bosses
Being invited back for team day
Good working envoronment as well as good people
Q.C / General Hand (Former Employee) –  Litchfield, Tokoroa22 October 2013
After shown safety procedures of certain jobs in factory, you were left with co-workers most of the day to do own work, so learning different jobs became easier, as workers were easy to get along with. Management were always on hand if needed. The hardest part of the job would have been putting on p.p.e gear. Enjoyable part of the job was probably pay day.
Pros
Meeting good people
Cons
Very productive fun and passion work place
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Takanini, N18 September 2013
Multi national staff members, safe working environment everyday is interesting day to start work. Managers are very surpportive. Helpfull co-workers. Hardest part of the job when software system breakes down.
Most enjoyable - you get recognized infront of the team doing extra ordinary stuffs.
Pros
Get staff discount
Cons
n/a
very happy and fun place to work in
pro packer (Former Employee) –  elthem7 September 2013
every day was almost the same the people where great and the leaders looked after there workers .very happy
Pros
i loved the food there
Cons
long hours well worked
Wonderful place to work, great career advancement, training
Quality Assurance Inspector (Former Employee) –  New Zealand11 August 2013
Quality is what its all about, we would strive to produce the best possible prduct and acheive excellent Customer Service. Great team environment and great people to work with. Learning new skills everyday and training was a huge part of our education.
Pros
Excellent Team environment
Cons
12 hour shifts
Long hours, Strenuous work and management needs proper care for the workplace.
General Hand Assistant and Operator (Former Employee) –  Eltham; Taranaki30 July 2013
I learnt how to work in a team environment.
Met people of all races, some good and some not so good.

Back breaking job, especially lifting 25kg and twisting every 10 - 20 seconds.

I enjoyed going home as soon as the shift finished.
I worked 3 different shifts; (8am - 4pm), (4pm - 12am), (12am - 8am).
This was called 3 - 8's. Three shifts and an eight hourly job.

What I did enjoy the most, was working in nearly every department of the plant. I loved working around different area's as this was good exercise for myself and learning lots of new skills for each department.
Awesome
Environmentalist (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, N11 July 2013
The co-workers I meet at Fonterra were great. The were always willing to help and teach me many things. When they heard that i wanted to become an engineer they began to show me through all the processes in Fonterra for example the dryers, cream cheese area and the packing line.

The most enjoyable part if this job was the learning. Even though I was just doing the recycling for Fonterra I learnt more about engineering than what I did in any of my other work experiences.

The hardest job was when I had to fight my fears and go on top of the factory onto the roof to fix a flag that signals the direction you must go when a fire happens at the site.
Pros
Good pay, Great hours, Great Co-Workers
Productive workplace
level 3 Packing Operator (Former Employee) –  Stirling South Otago27 June 2013
On day shift would arrive at 4.20 am talk with team go in to towers at 4.40 for change over about 5ish one of the three team members would go change water in footbaths and do visual checks once completed would do rotation with over team workers until cheese finished then we would all start our cleaning regimine usually about 3 hrs then prepare for cheese to start up process the cheese until nightshift came for change over. When on nights I would arrive at same time except in evening do change over then we would get into rotation right through the night until morning. I learned heaps while I was there logging bag numbers into computer different cheeses and how to handle them. I got on well with the management team and co-workers Stirling is a small plant so is imperitive to gel well. The hardest part of the job would be lifting bag cartiges into tower and learning while processing the cheese. The most enjoyable would be the team you work with have lots of laughs and support.
Pros
four days on four off
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fonterra. Our community is ready to answer.