Fonterra
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Fonterra Employee Reviews

New Zealand129 reviews
Overall a very good factory to work. seasonal work. so 10%of laborers are temporary. Difficult to become a permanent employee even after one year.!2 hrs is too long for physical work since it is fast-paced work.
Pros
Moderate wage
Cons
12 Hrs shift
Monitoring, auditing and ensuring that our contractors were compliant, Doing what they said they would do within their Site Specific Safety Plans. regular review of policies and procedures to ensure team efficiency.
Pros
Great team efficacy
Cons
None. All was good with everyone looking out for each other.
Processing in SAP majority of the day, encouraged to learn other aspects of the work flows. Always learning a little each day. All co-workers happy to offer assistance to each other, and a friendly bunch. Nothing hard about the job. Very much a team environment.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Early starts on day shift then collect milk from around the Canterbury, Marlbrough,South Canterbury and North Otago.The milk then could end up at any milk factory within these areas.Night was a 5.00 pm start then basically the same as Day Shift.I learn,t A lot about the farming community and the areas that we travelled.When you seen your co-workers it was always good to catch up on what was happening at the different factory,s.The hardest part of the job was getting used to 3 days then 3 nights then 3 days off.
Pros
Cons
Long Hours and Shift work.
Fonterra has a good training and incentive scheme in place the hours of work are good and the wages fair the managers and training and support for their workers is tremendous there are career opportunities
within the company and everyone has a chance for advancement.

The people care and the union is supportive and strong and the average worker can make a living on a good wage with promotions

available within the company.

Opportunity for advancement for the average person with the willingness to learn and use some common sense is encouraged and they have workers from all cultures and backgrounds and I think that is commendable. You do not go unnoticed for making an effort and your awarded for your achievements.

They believe in equal opportunity.
Pros
Good working conditions good people fair wages reconigition.
Cons
For me it was the travel involved from South Taranaki to Eltham
it is one of the fastest growing company in India. The work environment of the company is good. People feel proud to be part of company as company provides full support to their employees in professional front. It has cross the branches in the world. So, I have a good opportunity to show my talent.
Very Productive and very family friendly ,if you needed time off for family things they would help in anyway they could.I had been with the company 30 years,and if you needed to learn new responsibilities training was always given.Management always work with the staff ,as to make a happy work place.Co-workers happy and friendy and got on most of the time.Miss-understanding was the hardest part of the job.The most enjoyable was the job itself .
Pros
Time off if needed
Cons
long hours sometimes
loved my job here typical day was loading and unloading of products off and onto pallets with all sorts of different product. Got to do this job with ease and then go home to my family.
my average daily experience was highly enjoyable, the atmosphere was always inviting and my co-workers were festive and polite. Everyone was well informed on there tasked duties, i would join each of the co-workers endeavors so i would learn and understand there tasks and use there knowledge to the best of my ability. i was taught the different species of cows and their named age groups such as calf's, hefa's and cows. i felt that my short amount of time working there i have learnt a great amount in this work area. i felt that knowing the non-needed calf's were to be slaughtered later in life was the hardest part of the job, but other than that my experience was very gratifying.
Pros
free dinners, events with other communities
It was really good working at Canpac. I meet a lot of good people. Managers were friendly but firm at the same time. I had the opportunity to run all machines including the fillers. The hardest part of work, would have to be, taking responsibility for production and the safety of other people. But otherwise I had good friends that had my back and that was 1 of the main reasons I went to work. Friendship
Pros
Friends and free fruit on a Wednesday
Cons
Negativity
typical day at work was go in do your job help others.Every day you learned new skills if you prepared to help others.Management was ok but needed to listen to workers more and co-workers good to get on with and enjoyed a joke.The hardest part of the job was getting your breaks if the work load was busy.The enjoyable part of the job was helping others and showing them new skills.
Pros
good super scheme is offered
Cons
management not listening to staff and canteen hrs
Over 100 drivers in our transport depot split into 3 rosters 3x days, 3x nights, 3x days off. Every day is different which is good. Our trucks run 24/7 so getting good shift partners is vital as 3 drivers share the same truck. The culture at work has changed over the last 5 yrs from being more friendly environment to corporate and uncaring due to the new management structure. H/S and ACC has a lot to do with this change where now we have to follow painted walk ways, guardrail with gates paths ways and crossings, we have to wear safety glasses around in all Fonterra factories and depots which has created the "safety glasses police" if you forget to put them on.
Management wants us to follow path ways and suppress individuality and when you challenge their decisions they say there's the gate if you don't like it. The latest is we are not allowed to wear slip on boots, a decision made by some one who doesn't wear boots but makes the law with no consultation with the people that wear work boots.
Pros
$32.70 p/h, super-$1.50 to my $1.00, free medical, union, holidays.
Cons
Night shift, shift work
I have enjoyed working for Fonterra and have appreciated the networks gained and the investment in my personal and professional development.
Pros
posiive working environment
My co-workers were very friendly and helpful, fantastic to work with. Brilliant team. Basically it was a data entry position, entry and checking that all information on the invoice was correct with what was on the purchase order and summiting it for payment.
12 shift star with tool box meeting learn about any problems during the last shift management style is good co workers good hardest part of the job 6 and 3 enjoyable part the team work
Pros
Awesome work place and people, safe inviorment
Cons
just one thing 6 on and 3 off killer but do enjoy 4 x4
I provide technical breakdown repair on a roster covering a 24 hr operation. So involves being oncall.
Have learnt a great deal on milk powder production and packaging,,flow control,, pumping systems vacuum systems

Process of diagnosing PLC control issues

really good work environment and good work life balance
Pros
4 days on 4 days off roster
Cons
odd hrs
hi well start work off with a bef toolboxs meeting so everyone nos wats happening for the day every day your learning somethink new like how to mixs the plaster right so it easy to plaster like make it abit wetter when plasting the sealings cause you dont nwant it hard its much hard to deal with. My co worker are larfable honest hard working guys i all ways tell then we need to make money for our boss or eles its not worth being there.Well there wasnt no hardest part as long as everyone was doing there job and the most enjoyable part was all having larfs about each others plastering most off all i loved that job rain heil snow.thank you for your time.
From the time you get into the office, review my emails, assess the urgent from BAU , work at clearing emails, Look at current Master Data Issues and resolving them. Attend online conferenecs or faciltate them.
Trouble shooting lobals Sales Netwrok Issues .

Learned alot about SAP and Global Processes, Documentation.

Great Team in working together, helping and upskilling each other.

Hardest part of the job the long hours.

Enjoyable part of the job is working with the great people.
Pros
One Icecream every 2 weeks
Cons
Enjoyed being part of a team and learning how to run the wrap machine co-workers were helpful in every department. It was fun and enjoyable learning other parts of the work place.
Pros
free ice cream
Cons
no cons
At Fonterra I enjoyed the team environment and interacting with other departments.
Management supported and encouraged me to further my knowledge and skill base.
there was no down falls working for fonterra ,
i gained new experience and the team was fabulous made my job alot easier what i liked about fonterra also was the benefits you get as worker and that they really looked after their workers

the environment was clean and safe and i meet some amazing new friends although it was seasonal and was only a temp/casual they looked after and treated me as one of the full time workers which made it even more enjoyable to go to work

thank you fonterra for the experience and knowledge ive gained the amazing team

i hope i do come accross another amazing company like yous.