Foodstuffs North Island Employee Reviews

Good work life balance
Buying & Inventory Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Auckland, New Zealand25 November 2018
Good work life balance. Nice environment to work in. Creative people, creative thinking. Progressive but coming from behind the curve. A few years and they will get there.
Really fun workplace, lots of opportunity to progress
Talent Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mount Roskill, Auckland14 October 2018
Great place to progress in your career, my manager is very supportive of helping me develop.You do have to show a lot of initiative - the support is there when you ask for it but you need to be proactive in seeking opportunities

Lots of social activities (netball tournaments, soccer tournaments, wine tasting, etc)

Can be a really hectic environment but there's a lot of opportunity to have fun (and have cake)
Pros
Free parking and onsite barista
Cons
Can be hard to find people in such a big company
Not Worth It
Checkout Operator (Current Employee) –  North Island9 October 2018
I thought this job would be a real great way to learn some skills and get a good start into the workforce. I was so excited about getting the job (although the period between me getting the job and starting work was about 6 weeks, not good at all). However, when I got the job, I saw I was going to be paid the Starting Out Wage. For those who do not know, this is a mere $13.20 per hour, for the first 6 months of an employee working there. Yes it’s legal, somehow. Obviously the company wants to get away with playing their staff as little as possible.
No benefits at all, you are not cared for at all. I was told I was getting a progress report with my boss for the first 3 months that I had worked there but that didn’t happen of course.

Oh! I forgot to mention that they will find any reason possible to deny you leave.

The only reason I am there is because it is better than nothing at all, although actively searching for a new job.

The only real plus side is there are some really fun people that I work with, but that has nothing to do with the company.

My tip from me to you: don’t do it.
Very busy and full on work pace.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Clarence10 August 2018
The shop is busy and very active work environment. dont hear much from the Management team which is good. Customers always wanting to know where things are or why dont you stock....? Very physical work. I feel some people in the work environment are underrated and underpaid going by the double roles they do.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Place can be depressing at times.
Invoice Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lower Hutt, Wellington18 March 2018
Good people to work for
company is down sizing hugely ,so time to move on
enjoyed my time there.
Bosses easy to talk to
Free car park to all staff
Pros
Close to home
good people
Stores person (Former Employee) –  Auckland18 March 2018
you laugh, have fun while working, friendly.
competitive work. easy work, nice and easy not too hard.
best time is home time.

you learn the values of integrity and respect, showing pride.
Pros
long breaks
Cons
good hours
enjoyable and very productive
Accounts Payable Administrator (Former Employee) –  Wellington, Wellington10 March 2018
I was only there on contract for 6 weeks.
Very interesting.
Learned how to use JDE
Management was good
Worked as a team
There was no hard parts to the job
Doing reconcilations
Pros
Enjoyable work and company
Cons
No Cons
A piece of NZ culture.
Engineering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auckland10 September 2017
A workplace that is the backbone of New Zealand owned and operated supermarket chains. Really supportive and offered good pay. All incentives included.
Superb company culture
Senior Commercial Analyst /Contract (Former Employee) –  Auckland New Zealand22 August 2017
Superb company culture, top of the class executive management and team spirit.
That was my entry to retail and fmcg environment and I was pleased that coming from a versatile background I was able to open new dimension for senior management in terms of effective reporting.
Pros
cantine
Pick Packer (Current Employee) –  Manukau City, Auckland28 December 2016
It's a good working environment but very cold, if you're not someone who likes to drive around in the cold this place is not for you. It's a lovely place to work with good colleagues.
Pros
Free food on occasions
Cons
No good machines
Business focused and fun place to work
Receptionist / Administration (Former Employee) –  Palmerston North, Manawatu-Wanganui4 December 2016
I enjoyed my job very much as there was no 2 days the same. Reception was a busy place with customers, clients, management and staff, as well as phone calls, mail, payroll, IEA contracts, filing. I learned how to be organised and prioritise important to least. New system was introduced called SAP accounts system this very challenging as it was very different to JDE accounts system. I have been both President and Secretary for the social club. The management was restructured serveral times there leaving the co workers and myself a bit unsettled but still knuckled down and got the job done to a high standard. The hardest part of the job was learning SAP as this was done over the phone from Head Office. The most enjoyable part of the job was the excellent rapport I had with all the Management and Staff, as we all worked as a team and always got my jobs finished at the end of each day to a high standard. The were sad to see me leave through redundancy.
Pros
Health Care
Cons
Too many restructures
Complex Environment
SAP Trainer- Contract Role (Current Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland30 May 2016
The culture at Foodstuffs is not straight forward.
I have gained a better understanding of SAP.
The hardest part of this job is to adapt to the culture which is highly charged with psychological regulations.
Most enjoyable part is the flexibility in terms of location and the travel to work outside the office.
Productive and fun work environment
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Auckland Airport, Auckland11 February 2016
I enjoyed working along with a great team. completing duties in time as well as dedication to do more when mass, unexpected workload occurred. I have gained time management skills and knowledge in warehousing & distribution, enabling my ability to increase my performance effectively within the system utilised to achieve daily targets.
Fun workplace
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Auckland, N5 December 2015
A company which you can have a personal and career growth advancement and a supportive team members. Complexity of high volume load but a way to develop good skills and strengths.
Pros
Subsidized Cafetreria foods
Cons
provides health benefits and super annuation plan
Productive and Friendly
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Manukau City, N3 November 2015
Very Friendly and diverse place with multi cultural ethnic groups. Management is decent. Most enjoyable part of the work place is working alongside my colleagues and gaining new skills etc. I wasnt given perm for my time there.
Pros
50 min breaks
Cons
Not gaining perm