Play YouTube video button
Foodstuffs North Island
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Foodstuffs North Island Employee Reviews

New Zealand72 reviews
Featured review
Foodstuffs North Island selected this as a representative review
Superb company culture
Superb company culture, top of the class executive management and team spirit.
That was my entry to retail and fmcg environment and I was pleased that coming from a versatile background I was able to open new dimension for senior management in terms of effective reporting.
Pros
cantine
Fun, fast paced
Working here was my favorite work place, i enjoyed every moment i was there, workers was absolute amazing helping each other. Was no hard part for me as it was the perfect job for me.
Loved it overall
Amazing management, very supportive
Enjoyed my role , if got an opportunity to re-join foodstuffs would love to be a part of them again.

Flexible working
Scope for lot of work
A good place to work
Very flexible

Allow to work from home

Management listens to views and reviews

It was grt experience working on multiple project
Productive and fun work place
I worked within a multi-cultural environment which I really enjoyed. I got an opportunity to meet people from all works of life and from different cultures. All team mates were really friendly and helpful.
Dont work here
Worst job I have ever had. The management are bullies, the work environment is unfriendly, the hours are inflexible, the work is horrible and the pay is rubbish.
Ok its was busy
Ok it was always busy and ongoing. Lots of communication with clients and managements and your team. Early starts and some days quite and relaxing. Gd
False reviews!
New World Mount Roskill is a joke. Being a store person for this place, I was disgustingly overworked. Constant 13-15 hour shifts throughout the week and also favouritism to certain races. No overtime pay. Extremely unbalanced between the workload and wage. Extremely Appalling.
Productive workplace
Was very structured and hard working. Personally I had a bad experience but think if you are motivated then foodstuffs will be a perfect fit and I would definitely recommend for a friend.
Unrealistic Reviews - 2019
The reviews for this place are all FALSE!! As a current employee. There is NO organization. Absolute shambles. Shift Supervisors are fresh out of school. Stock control is a joke. This place has a high turnover of staff. Need i say more.
My first experience in NZ work place
The most enjoyable part of my work was meeting new people everyday and building relationships. I gained experience in getting along with people from different cultures living in NZ.
Great company to work for
Foodstuffs North Island Support Centre in Queen Drive Lower Hutt is a fantastic company to work for. A great team culture. I would definitely recommend
Strong culture produces a Great working environment
The staff are what really turn this job from an average job into a great one, there is an excellent sense of community, and all the staff are super super friendly and welcoming. This means every time I go into the job, I always have fun, from my relationships with my co-workers up to the owner/operator. This job does require you to be ready for some occasionally stressful moments in peak hours when you can have a lot of customers to deal with, the occasional downside is you can't get some extremely annoying customers like any job. From my current position, I have learnt a large number of skills from learning how to be a Self/Normal checkout operator and many different aspects of the business from managing the phones to working in the storeroom. My typical day involves 1/2 running a checkout and the other half being on the phone, helping customers, working in the storeroom.
Productive and fun workplace
I enjoyed working at foodstuffs. Awesome environment, everyone worked as a team.
Manager was awesome and went out of his way to get to no his workers, and gave appreciation for jobs well done. That is a big thumbs up for all workers.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Opinions were voiced, but not actioned.
Awesome Awesome Awesome
This job by far had to be the most enjoyable job I have ever been too. I entered this job with no experience what so ever and left with some experience in Pick Packing, license for Tugger and also awesome friends!!!
Time at foodies
The work culture is really great as everyone works together as a team. The hardest part was proving yourself and trying your best to take opportunities as every now and than management would hire people who would up skill before me. The most enjoyable part I like about my job was when it gets busy and all you want to do is finish your work before the shift finshes. Team work and satefty was the biggest factor at foodstuffs
Pros
Get monthly awards such as employee of the month and long service.
Cons
Too much favoritism and family members
Great Culture and Balance
My management team was fantastic, really supportive. The culture was awesome and a really cooperative. The culture within my team was great. We did some long hours, but I enjoyed my stint with the Foodies Family.
Pros
People
Cons
The change in cafeteria food at Stoddard Road.
Amazing place to work
The internship program was an incredible opportunity, and I am so grateful that Foodies has a door open for people that have just come out of uni. I had the most incredible team that I worked with, my manager would set a side lots of time with me to ensure I was learning, growing and developing my professional and interpersonal skills. Great workplace culture, a very relaxed environment but at the same time it feels productive. Lots of support and opportunities, and have lots of events on to keep you engaged.
Pros
Lots of support, great work life balance, supportive management, growth opportunities
Cons
Big company, so can be hard getting to know everyone
Fun workplace
A great experience filled with lots of amazing challenges that tested me in many different areas of my life. Enjoyed helping customers that were in need of help! Liked to know that I am really helping the community especially as it is such an older area where elderly live.
Pros
Customer satisfaction.
Cons
Loud areas.
Good Place to Work
Strong sense of work/life balance and ability to work flexibly.

Great leadership and good management. Clear direction and focus all the way from the CEO to the individual.

Workplace culture is really important in our business and you feel part of something bigger than just yourself. There is a real commitment to the cause and sense that we affect the lives of all NZ'ers.

The Coop environment has its challenges, when you are trying to support 200+ individual owners who all feel they know best. It is not that they don't know what's best for their store, they normally do, but that doesn't always translate to what's best for the group. So trying to get everyone on board to support one direction is tough but really exciting too.
Pros
Free parking, flexible working, great culture
Cons
Location of HQ
this place grows on you!
I've been at foodies for nearly three years and to begin with it was tough, challenging but also exciting - that hasn't changed... just evolved - the challenges are more rewarding the the team is fantastic, business is tough and moves at a fast pace, but it is immensely rewarding, seeing the results for your efforts.
Pros
awesome people - lots of laughs
Cons
fast paced
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Foodstuffs North Island. Our community is ready to answer.