Foodstuffs North Island
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Foodstuffs North Island Employee Reviews

I was there for a few years and found it have good people mostly in the right places and there was room to move and and grow with in the business between departments up the management chain
Pros
great people
Cons
Very corporate
Not to bad, was a good job and plenty of work, got people to work with but average management, not to much room for growth as an individual but they look to train you up in other areas
Worked here for a year or so. Lots of catering events.was told I preformed very well at every event. I was never told I was laid off or anything. Haven’t heard from them in two years. Not professional at all.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Not professional
Working here was my favorite work place, i enjoyed every moment i was there, workers was absolute amazing helping each other. Was no hard part for me as it was the perfect job for me.
Amazing management, very supportive Enjoyed my role , if got an opportunity to re-join foodstuffs would love to be a part of them again. Flexible working
A good place to work Very flexible Allow to work from home Management listens to views and reviews It was grt experience working on multiple project
I worked within a multi-cultural environment which I really enjoyed. I got an opportunity to meet people from all works of life and from different cultures. All team mates were really friendly and helpful.
Worst job I have ever had. The management are bullies, the work environment is unfriendly, the hours are inflexible, the work is horrible and the pay is rubbish.
Ok it was always busy and ongoing. Lots of communication with clients and managements and your team. Early starts and some days quite and relaxing. Gd
New World Mount Roskill is a joke. Being a store person for this place, I was disgustingly overworked. Constant 13-15 hour shifts throughout the week and also favouritism to certain races. No overtime pay. Extremely unbalanced between the workload and wage. Extremely Appalling.
Was very structured and hard working. Personally I had a bad experience but think if you are motivated then foodstuffs will be a perfect fit and I would definitely recommend for a friend.
It was a great envioirment but the fast food job wasn't for me. Also i wasn't motivaited to work because i was always watch over my back standing up for a long time, then i had to deal with custmors attiutudes.
The reviews for this place are all FALSE!! As a current employee. There is NO organization. Absolute shambles. Shift Supervisors are fresh out of school. Stock control is a joke. This place has a high turnover of staff. Need i say more.
The most enjoyable part of my work was meeting new people everyday and building relationships. I gained experience in getting along with people from different cultures living in NZ.
Foodstuffs North Island Support Centre in Queen Drive Lower Hutt is a fantastic company to work for. A great team culture. I would definitely recommend
The staff are what really turn this job from an average job into a great one, there is an excellent sense of community, and all the staff are super super friendly and welcoming. This means every time I go into the job, I always have fun, from my relationships with my co-workers up to the owner/operator. This job does require you to be ready for some occasionally stressful moments in peak hours when you can have a lot of customers to deal with, the occasional downside is you can't get some extremely annoying customers like any job. From my current position, I have learnt a large number of skills from learning how to be a Self/Normal checkout operator and many different aspects of the business from managing the phones to working in the storeroom. My typical day involves 1/2 running a checkout and the other half being on the phone, helping customers, working in the storeroom.
I enjoyed working at foodstuffs. Awesome environment, everyone worked as a team. Manager was awesome and went out of his way to get to no his workers, and gave appreciation for jobs well done. That is a big thumbs up for all workers.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Opinions were voiced, but not actioned.
Not all management are always open to collaboration and challenge of ideas, poor communication and response times from the time you apply for a job until you find out that you were unsuccessful without proper feedback...you could wait up to two months for a response or may never receive it if you don't follow up. No consistency in the recruitment process. The more you earn the less marketable you are. Experience being substituted by lower salaries- less experience. Other than the above most people are friendly and supportive and the people culture is good. Management and Leadership can improve on being more honest and accountable.
This job by far had to be the most enjoyable job I have ever been too. I entered this job with no experience what so ever and left with some experience in Pick Packing, license for Tugger and also awesome friends!!!
The work culture is really great as everyone works together as a team. The hardest part was proving yourself and trying your best to take opportunities as every now and than management would hire people who would up skill before me. The most enjoyable part I like about my job was when it gets busy and all you want to do is finish your work before the shift finshes. Team work and satefty was the biggest factor at foodstuffs
Pros
Get monthly awards such as employee of the month and long service.
Cons
Too much favoritism and family members
My management team was fantastic, really supportive. The culture was awesome and a really cooperative. The culture within my team was great. We did some long hours, but I enjoyed my stint with the Foodies Family.
Pros
People
Cons
The change in cafeteria food at Stoddard Road.