Play YouTube video button

Foodstuffs North Island Employee Reviews in Auckland City, Auckland

Featured review
Foodstuffs North Island selected this as a representative review
Superb company culture
Senior Commercial Analyst /Contract (Former Employee) –  Auckland New Zealand22 August 2017
Superb company culture, top of the class executive management and team spirit.
That was my entry to retail and fmcg environment and I was pleased that coming from a versatile background I was able to open new dimension for senior management in terms of effective reporting.
Pros
cantine
Ok its was busy
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland7 February 2020
Ok it was always busy and ongoing. Lots of communication with clients and managements and your team. Early starts and some days quite and relaxing. Gd
Strong culture produces a Great working environment
Part time Checkout Operator and Store Room Assistant (Current Employee) –  Auckland12 November 2019
The staff are what really turn this job from an average job into a great one, there is an excellent sense of community, and all the staff are super super friendly and welcoming. This means every time I go into the job, I always have fun, from my relationships with my co-workers up to the owner/operator. This job does require you to be ready for some occasionally stressful moments in peak hours when you can have a lot of customers to deal with, the occasional downside is you can't get some extremely annoying customers like any job. From my current position, I have learnt a large number of skills from learning how to be a Self/Normal checkout operator and many different aspects of the business from managing the phones to working in the storeroom. My typical day involves 1/2 running a checkout and the other half being on the phone, helping customers, working in the storeroom.
Time at foodies
Storeman (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland29 August 2019
The work culture is really great as everyone works together as a team. The hardest part was proving yourself and trying your best to take opportunities as every now and than management would hire people who would up skill before me. The most enjoyable part I like about my job was when it gets busy and all you want to do is finish your work before the shift finshes. Team work and satefty was the biggest factor at foodstuffs
Pros
Get monthly awards such as employee of the month and long service.
Cons
Too much favoritism and family members
Amazing place to work
Internship (Former Employee) –  Auckland22 May 2019
The internship program was an incredible opportunity, and I am so grateful that Foodies has a door open for people that have just come out of uni. I had the most incredible team that I worked with, my manager would set a side lots of time with me to ensure I was learning, growing and developing my professional and interpersonal skills. Great workplace culture, a very relaxed environment but at the same time it feels productive. Lots of support and opportunities, and have lots of events on to keep you engaged.
Pros
Lots of support, great work life balance, supportive management, growth opportunities
Cons
Big company, so can be hard getting to know everyone
Fun workplace
Grocery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland26 April 2019
A great experience filled with lots of amazing challenges that tested me in many different areas of my life. Enjoyed helping customers that were in need of help! Liked to know that I am really helping the community especially as it is such an older area where elderly live.
Pros
Customer satisfaction.
Cons
Loud areas.
this place grows on you!
Leader in People and Capability (Current Employee) –  Auckland23 April 2019
I've been at foodies for nearly three years and to begin with it was tough, challenging but also exciting - that hasn't changed... just evolved - the challenges are more rewarding the the team is fantastic, business is tough and moves at a fast pace, but it is immensely rewarding, seeing the results for your efforts.
Pros
awesome people - lots of laughs
Cons
fast paced
Good work life balance
Buying & Inventory Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Auckland, New Zealand25 November 2018
Good work life balance. Nice environment to work in. Creative people, creative thinking. Progressive but coming from behind the curve. A few years and they will get there.
workplace
Cleaner Total Groups (Former Employee) –  Auckland4 September 2018
My typical at work every day its was good and fun i learn how to short out the staff for the next day,learn how to clean and mix the chemical,to now how to order the staff is was short.how manage with the worker have to know them their self and have to respect each other have make fun talk about something to build up a good work their culture its so good because they are friendly and kindly every months they have a promotion to make a team to work hard to get goal and so proud of their self.The hardest part of the job is the toilets when is block the most enjoyable part is get together with other people at work.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long hour
The best place to work in New Zealand
SAP Pricing Analyst (Acting) (Former Employee) –  Auckland13 July 2018
Amazing experience throughout. From the company benefits to the bosses everything was amazing. Everyone was very supportive and helped to grow and develop my skills.
good people
Stores person (Former Employee) –  Auckland18 March 2018
you laugh, have fun while working, friendly.
competitive work. easy work, nice and easy not too hard.
best time is home time.

you learn the values of integrity and respect, showing pride.
Pros
long breaks
Cons
good hours
fun work place
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  auckland15 February 2018
good staff and people are fun. i gained more experience. its management is strict but good. work place culture is good ....no racism. hardest part is lifting
A piece of NZ culture.
Engineering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auckland10 September 2017
A workplace that is the backbone of New Zealand owned and operated supermarket chains. Really supportive and offered good pay. All incentives included.
Complex Environment
SAP Trainer- Contract Role (Current Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland30 May 2016
The culture at Foodstuffs is not straight forward.
I have gained a better understanding of SAP.
The hardest part of this job is to adapt to the culture which is highly charged with psychological regulations.
Most enjoyable part is the flexibility in terms of location and the travel to work outside the office.
Fun workplace
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Auckland, N5 December 2015
A company which you can have a personal and career growth advancement and a supportive team members. Complexity of high volume load but a way to develop good skills and strengths.
Pros
Subsidized Cafetreria foods
Cons
provides health benefits and super annuation plan
was some complications but fun environment to work at.
Temp role (Former Employee) –  auckland23 July 2015
good place to work at, maybe need to fix the management. Great people to work with, trying not break or ruin any product which is hard to do, most enjoyable job is finishing the orders on time but sometimes doing overtime get more money.
Pros
the people
Cons
the management
Fun Work Place
Administration Operator (Former Employee) –  Auckland, N17 March 2015
Lovely company to work for. Sad that it was only a temp job. Would of loved to work there longer. Great people to work along side you.
Pros
Lovely people to work with
Cons
Long Hours
working within a team
Pick Packer - Full time - shift work (Former Employee) –  Auckland18 November 2014
Long term success in a work environment can often be predicted based on the level of trust, respect, honesty, humor, integrity, hard work, communication and shared responsibility that is exhibited by its people."
Pros
get picked up
very good
Picker, Stock controller and Mission Planner (Former Employee) –  Auckland, N8 October 2013
it was good place to work at, because people were helpfull, training was excellent
Pros
use to get free drinks, and work parties
Cons
tough job, heavy lifting
Fun place to work
Accounts Manager/Transaction services (Former Employee) –  Auckland, New Zealand26 September 2013
Fly limited was an advertising company with one director and no shareholders. Flexible in nature and good relationship with the director. Easy going and fun place with a small team.
stock controller (Former Employee) –  Auckland , newzealand28 May 2013
Each and every day I enjoyed my job and learned about warehouse and logistics skills.