Foodstuffs North Island
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Foodstuffs North Island Employee Reviews in Auckland City, Auckland

Auckland City, Auckland29 reviews
Working here was my favorite work place, i enjoyed every moment i was there, workers was absolute amazing helping each other. Was no hard part for me as it was the perfect job for me.
I worked within a multi-cultural environment which I really enjoyed. I got an opportunity to meet people from all works of life and from different cultures. All team mates were really friendly and helpful.
Ok it was always busy and ongoing. Lots of communication with clients and managements and your team. Early starts and some days quite and relaxing. Gd
The staff are what really turn this job from an average job into a great one, there is an excellent sense of community, and all the staff are super super friendly and welcoming. This means every time I go into the job, I always have fun, from my relationships with my co-workers up to the owner/operator. This job does require you to be ready for some occasionally stressful moments in peak hours when you can have a lot of customers to deal with, the occasional downside is you can't get some extremely annoying customers like any job. From my current position, I have learnt a large number of skills from learning how to be a Self/Normal checkout operator and many different aspects of the business from managing the phones to working in the storeroom. My typical day involves 1/2 running a checkout and the other half being on the phone, helping customers, working in the storeroom.
This job by far had to be the most enjoyable job I have ever been too. I entered this job with no experience what so ever and left with some experience in Pick Packing, license for Tugger and also awesome friends!!!
The work culture is really great as everyone works together as a team. The hardest part was proving yourself and trying your best to take opportunities as every now and than management would hire people who would up skill before me. The most enjoyable part I like about my job was when it gets busy and all you want to do is finish your work before the shift finshes. Team work and satefty was the biggest factor at foodstuffs
Pros
Get monthly awards such as employee of the month and long service.
Cons
Too much favoritism and family members
The internship program was an incredible opportunity, and I am so grateful that Foodies has a door open for people that have just come out of uni. I had the most incredible team that I worked with, my manager would set a side lots of time with me to ensure I was learning, growing and developing my professional and interpersonal skills. Great workplace culture, a very relaxed environment but at the same time it feels productive. Lots of support and opportunities, and have lots of events on to keep you engaged.
Pros
Lots of support, great work life balance, supportive management, growth opportunities
Cons
Big company, so can be hard getting to know everyone
A great experience filled with lots of amazing challenges that tested me in many different areas of my life. Enjoyed helping customers that were in need of help! Liked to know that I am really helping the community especially as it is such an older area where elderly live.
Pros
Customer satisfaction.
Cons
Loud areas.
I've been at foodies for nearly three years and to begin with it was tough, challenging but also exciting - that hasn't changed... just evolved - the challenges are more rewarding the the team is fantastic, business is tough and moves at a fast pace, but it is immensely rewarding, seeing the results for your efforts.
Pros
awesome people - lots of laughs
Cons
fast paced
Good work life balance. Nice environment to work in. Creative people, creative thinking. Progressive but coming from behind the curve. A few years and they will get there.
My typical at work every day its was good and fun i learn how to short out the staff for the next day,learn how to clean and mix the chemical,to now how to order the staff is was short.how manage with the worker have to know them their self and have to respect each other have make fun talk about something to build up a good work their culture its so good because they are friendly and kindly every months they have a promotion to make a team to work hard to get goal and so proud of their self.The hardest part of the job is the toilets when is block the most enjoyable part is get together with other people at work.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long hour
Amazing experience throughout. From the company benefits to the bosses everything was amazing. Everyone was very supportive and helped to grow and develop my skills.
you laugh, have fun while working, friendly.
competitive work. easy work, nice and easy not too hard.

best time is home time.

you learn the values of integrity and respect, showing pride.
Pros
long breaks
Cons
good hours
it was a good vibe good people to work with management is mud not good looking after the works good to learn new skills but got boring picking and packing the same thing over and over again
good staff and people are fun. i gained more experience. its management is strict but good. work place culture is good ....no racism. hardest part is lifting
A workplace that is the backbone of New Zealand owned and operated supermarket chains. Really supportive and offered good pay. All incentives included.
Superb company culture, top of the class executive management and team spirit.
That was my entry to retail and fmcg environment and I was pleased that coming from a versatile background I was able to open new dimension for senior management in terms of effective reporting.
Pros
cantine
Cons
The culture at Foodstuffs is not straight forward.
I have gained a better understanding of SAP.

The hardest part of this job is to adapt to the culture which is highly charged with psychological regulations.

Most enjoyable part is the flexibility in terms of location and the travel to work outside the office.
A company which you can have a personal and career growth advancement and a supportive team members. Complexity of high volume load but a way to develop good skills and strengths.
Pros
Subsidized Cafetreria foods
Cons
provides health benefits and super annuation plan
good place to work at, maybe need to fix the management. Great people to work with, trying not break or ruin any product which is hard to do, most enjoyable job is finishing the orders on time but sometimes doing overtime get more money.
Pros
the people
Cons
the management
Lovely company to work for. Sad that it was only a temp job. Would of loved to work there longer. Great people to work along side you.
Pros
Lovely people to work with
Cons
Long Hours