Foodstuffs North Island
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Foodstuffs North Island Employee Reviews for Warehouse Worker

Warehouse Worker12 reviews
New Zealand12 reviews
I was there for a few years and found it have good people mostly in the right places and there was room to move and and grow with in the business between departments up the management chain
Pros
great people
Cons
Very corporate
New World Mount Roskill is a joke. Being a store person for this place, I was disgustingly overworked. Constant 13-15 hour shifts throughout the week and also favouritism to certain races. No overtime pay. Extremely unbalanced between the workload and wage. Extremely Appalling.
This job by far had to be the most enjoyable job I have ever been too. I entered this job with no experience what so ever and left with some experience in Pick Packing, license for Tugger and also awesome friends!!!
The work culture is really great as everyone works together as a team. The hardest part was proving yourself and trying your best to take opportunities as every now and than management would hire people who would up skill before me. The most enjoyable part I like about my job was when it gets busy and all you want to do is finish your work before the shift finshes. Team work and satefty was the biggest factor at foodstuffs
Pros
Get monthly awards such as employee of the month and long service.
Cons
Too much favoritism and family members
turning up for work each day was easy, the culture, the people and making not just life time friends but people I can now call my family were reasons why I wanted to turn up each day.
you laugh, have fun while working, friendly.
competitive work. easy work, nice and easy not too hard.

best time is home time.

you learn the values of integrity and respect, showing pride.
Pros
long breaks
Cons
good hours
I found foodstuffs to be a multicultural environment with a really down to earth Management team, fast paced, dead line driven, productive, constant pace of inwards and outwards goods.

I believe Foodstuffs to have an extremely high standard of Health and safety all reports of damages to fixtures, machinery,equipment also including staff had been dealt with in a professional manner using the correct procedures.

The part i enjoyed most about the job was working with a great bunch of people, working up the ladder, learning new skills.
Pros
Free beer and wine every second day, $200 perks on top of pay if met the daily pick rate, shopping days items price at $, free dinner if working over time, decent pay, occasionally free chocolates and drinks, always free give always, weekly bonuses.
Cons
repetitive if working in same area all day, long hours if working over time, no christmas holidays.
Great learning experience, learning about the retail industry particularly grocery production and distribution. Great and friendly team environment working together to achieve daily company targets.
Pros
Great workmates
Cons
Some look down on me because age and would tell me off to hurry up because expectations but not focusing on health and safety procedures, so we had to pick a certain amount daily and not be under it or else we get the talk but also even to the elders who were fast enough had to speed up to the expectations but also is a fun job and you meet new people from different countries.
it was good people were friendly just the management was really bad at times. they'll be a lot of times we got under paid and if we call .. they never pick up
Pros
good people
Cons
stink pay
Great rates to permanent workers and a lot of gifts as well. End of the year is always one of the busiest and the most fun time to work.
Pros
Great rates
Cons
Work was enjoyable and I looked forward to each day.The supervisors and management were more then helpful ensuring that I was a capable worker who showed initiative. There was nothing hard about the job, It was an awesome place to work and would love to work there again if given the chance.
Pros
management was understanding, supportive, ensured i was trained at a high level
Cons
this company had no cons as they were very supportive of all their workers