Play YouTube video button
Foodstuffs North Island
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Foodstuffs North Island Management reviews

Featured review
Foodstuffs North Island selected this as a representative review
Superb company culture
Superb company culture, top of the class executive management and team spirit.
That was my entry to retail and fmcg environment and I was pleased that coming from a versatile background I was able to open new dimension for senior management in terms of effective reporting.
Pros
cantine
Ok its was busy
Ok it was always busy and ongoing. Lots of communication with clients and managements and your team. Early starts and some days quite and relaxing. Gd
False reviews!
New World Mount Roskill is a joke. Being a store person for this place, I was disgustingly overworked. Constant 13-15 hour shifts throughout the week and also favouritism to certain races. No overtime pay. Extremely unbalanced between the workload and wage. Extremely Appalling.
Unrealistic Reviews - 2019
The reviews for this place are all FALSE!! As a current employee. There is NO organization. Absolute shambles. Shift Supervisors are fresh out of school. Stock control is a joke. This place has a high turnover of staff. Need i say more.
Time at foodies
The work culture is really great as everyone works together as a team. The hardest part was proving yourself and trying your best to take opportunities as every now and than management would hire people who would up skill before me. The most enjoyable part I like about my job was when it gets busy and all you want to do is finish your work before the shift finshes. Team work and satefty was the biggest factor at foodstuffs
Pros
Get monthly awards such as employee of the month and long service.
Cons
Too much favoritism and family members
Great Culture and Balance
My management team was fantastic, really supportive. The culture was awesome and a really cooperative. The culture within my team was great. We did some long hours, but I enjoyed my stint with the Foodies Family.
Pros
People
Cons
The change in cafeteria food at Stoddard Road.
Amazing place to work
The internship program was an incredible opportunity, and I am so grateful that Foodies has a door open for people that have just come out of uni. I had the most incredible team that I worked with, my manager would set a side lots of time with me to ensure I was learning, growing and developing my professional and interpersonal skills. Great workplace culture, a very relaxed environment but at the same time it feels productive. Lots of support and opportunities, and have lots of events on to keep you engaged.
Pros
Lots of support, great work life balance, supportive management, growth opportunities
Cons
Big company, so can be hard getting to know everyone
Good Place to Work
Strong sense of work/life balance and ability to work flexibly.

Great leadership and good management. Clear direction and focus all the way from the CEO to the individual.

Workplace culture is really important in our business and you feel part of something bigger than just yourself. There is a real commitment to the cause and sense that we affect the lives of all NZ'ers.

The Coop environment has its challenges, when you are trying to support 200+ individual owners who all feel they know best. It is not that they don't know what's best for their store, they normally do, but that doesn't always translate to what's best for the group. So trying to get everyone on board to support one direction is tough but really exciting too.
Pros
Free parking, flexible working, great culture
Cons
Location of HQ
Very busy and full on work pace.
The shop is busy and very active work environment. dont hear much from the Management team which is good. Customers always wanting to know where things are or why dont you stock....? Very physical work. I feel some people in the work environment are underrated and underpaid going by the double roles they do.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Place can be depressing at times.
enjoyable and very productive
I was only there on contract for 6 weeks.
Very interesting.

Learned how to use JDE

Management was good
Worked as a team
There was no hard parts to the job

Doing reconcilations
Pros
Enjoyable work and company
Cons
No Cons
fun work place
good staff and people are fun. i gained more experience. its management is strict but good. work place culture is good ....no racism. hardest part is lifting
Great work team
I enjoy the diversity of culture and customers on a daily basis.
Being in management allows me to exercise the skills and experience I have acquired from past employment.
I enjoy the varied responsibilities that some with this role - where no 2 days are the same.

I enjoy working with new staff and having the ability to harness specific skills from individuals within the work environment.
good
it was good people were friendly just the management was really bad at times. they'll be a lot of times we got under paid and if we call .. they never pick up
Pros
good people
Cons
stink pay
Business focused and fun place to work
I enjoyed my job very much as there was no 2 days the same. Reception was a busy place with customers, clients, management and staff, as well as phone calls, mail, payroll, IEA contracts, filing. I learned how to be organised and prioritise important to least. New system was introduced called SAP accounts system this very challenging as it was very different to JDE accounts system. I have been both President and Secretary for the social club. The management was restructured serveral times there leaving the co workers and myself a bit unsettled but still knuckled down and got the job done to a high standard. The hardest part of the job was learning SAP as this was done over the phone from Head Office. The most enjoyable part of the job was the excellent rapport I had with all the Management and Staff, as we all worked as a team and always got my jobs finished at the end of each day to a high standard. The were sad to see me leave through redundancy.
Pros
Health Care
Cons
Too many restructures
Foodstuffs
reached a level with Department Management, no where to move to other than store owner.
Always felt I had more to give and achieve.

Had goals set that was Sales, profit and Loss figures to be achieved and a range of products to promote.

Loved my time in the company, BUT as mentioned always had limits that good not be broken as Foodstuffs had a chain of command that would not allow personal growth, or career improvements for Hawkes Bay.
Pros
Nice culture to work in
Cons
level to move up to limited
Productive and fun work environment
I enjoyed working along with a great team. completing duties in time as well as dedication to do more when mass, unexpected workload occurred. I have gained time management skills and knowledge in warehousing & distribution, enabling my ability to increase my performance effectively within the system utilised to achieve daily targets.
Productive and Friendly
Very Friendly and diverse place with multi cultural ethnic groups. Management is decent. Most enjoyable part of the work place is working alongside my colleagues and gaining new skills etc. I wasnt given perm for my time there.
Pros
50 min breaks
Cons
Not gaining perm
Productive and enjoyable
Foodstuffs is a solid workplace for employees. I am happy with my current status however I am looking for extra hours to help towards my financial status, as Foodstuffs have no overtime at all.
Pros
$50.00 shopping card at end of year for all employees.
Cons
no overtime
was some complications but fun environment to work at.
good place to work at, maybe need to fix the management. Great people to work with, trying not break or ruin any product which is hard to do, most enjoyable job is finishing the orders on time but sometimes doing overtime get more money.
Pros
the people
Cons
the management
working within a team
Long term success in a work environment can often be predicted based on the level of trust, respect, honesty, humor, integrity, hard work, communication and shared responsibility that is exhibited by its people."
Pros
get picked up
Cons
Overall productive workplace friendly enviroment
Full on from start to finish I learnt communication skills people to people skills health and safety first aid operating machinery and team building management very supportive of all employees co-workers friendly helpful and caring hardest part of job going from 8hr shift to 16hr enjoyable part of job warm and happy atmosphere that created by employers and employees.
Pros
Staff packages, barbecue lunches, morning teas and family outings
Cons
Early starts and late finishes