Foodstuffs North Island
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Foodstuffs North Island Management reviews

New Zealand74 reviews
I was there for a few years and found it have good people mostly in the right places and there was room to move and and grow with in the business between departments up the management chain
Pros
great people
Cons
Very corporate
Not to bad, was a good job and plenty of work, got people to work with but average management, not to much room for growth as an individual but they look to train you up in other areas
Amazing management, very supportive
Enjoyed my role , if got an opportunity to re-join foodstuffs would love to be a part of them again.
Flexible working
A good place to work
Very flexible

Allow to work from home

Management listens to views and reviews
It was grt experience working on multiple project
Worst job I have ever had. The management are bullies, the work environment is unfriendly, the hours are inflexible, the work is horrible and the pay is rubbish.
Ok it was always busy and ongoing. Lots of communication with clients and managements and your team. Early starts and some days quite and relaxing. Gd
New World Mount Roskill is a joke. Being a store person for this place, I was disgustingly overworked. Constant 13-15 hour shifts throughout the week and also favouritism to certain races. No overtime pay. Extremely unbalanced between the workload and wage. Extremely Appalling.
The reviews for this place are all FALSE!! As a current employee. There is NO organization. Absolute shambles. Shift Supervisors are fresh out of school. Stock control is a joke. This place has a high turnover of staff. Need i say more.
The work culture is really great as everyone works together as a team. The hardest part was proving yourself and trying your best to take opportunities as every now and than management would hire people who would up skill before me. The most enjoyable part I like about my job was when it gets busy and all you want to do is finish your work before the shift finshes. Team work and satefty was the biggest factor at foodstuffs
Pros
Get monthly awards such as employee of the month and long service.
Cons
Too much favoritism and family members
My management team was fantastic, really supportive. The culture was awesome and a really cooperative. The culture within my team was great. We did some long hours, but I enjoyed my stint with the Foodies Family.
Pros
People
Cons
The change in cafeteria food at Stoddard Road.
The internship program was an incredible opportunity, and I am so grateful that Foodies has a door open for people that have just come out of uni. I had the most incredible team that I worked with, my manager would set a side lots of time with me to ensure I was learning, growing and developing my professional and interpersonal skills. Great workplace culture, a very relaxed environment but at the same time it feels productive. Lots of support and opportunities, and have lots of events on to keep you engaged.
Pros
Lots of support, great work life balance, supportive management, growth opportunities
Cons
Big company, so can be hard getting to know everyone
Strong sense of work/life balance and ability to work flexibly.

Great leadership and good management. Clear direction and focus all the way from the CEO to the individual.

Workplace culture is really important in our business and you feel part of something bigger than just yourself. There is a real commitment to the cause and sense that we affect the lives of all NZ'ers.

The Coop environment has its challenges, when you are trying to support 200+ individual owners who all feel they know best. It is not that they don't know what's best for their store, they normally do, but that doesn't always translate to what's best for the group. So trying to get everyone on board to support one direction is tough but really exciting too.
Pros
Free parking, flexible working, great culture
Cons
Location of HQ
The shop is busy and very active work environment. dont hear much from the Management team which is good. Customers always wanting to know where things are or why dont you stock....? Very physical work. I feel some people in the work environment are underrated and underpaid going by the double roles they do.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Place can be depressing at times.
I found foodstuffs to be a multicultural environment with a really down to earth Management team, fast paced, dead line driven, productive, constant pace of inwards and outwards goods.

I believe Foodstuffs to have an extremely high standard of Health and safety all reports of damages to fixtures, machinery,equipment also including staff had been dealt with in a professional manner using the correct procedures.

The part i enjoyed most about the job was working with a great bunch of people, working up the ladder, learning new skills.
Pros
Free beer and wine every second day, $200 perks on top of pay if met the daily pick rate, shopping days items price at $, free dinner if working over time, decent pay, occasionally free chocolates and drinks, always free give always, weekly bonuses.
Cons
repetitive if working in same area all day, long hours if working over time, no christmas holidays.
it was a good vibe good people to work with management is mud not good looking after the works good to learn new skills but got boring picking and packing the same thing over and over again
I was only there on contract for 6 weeks.
Very interesting.

Learned how to use JDE

Management was good
Worked as a team
There was no hard parts to the job

Doing reconcilations
Pros
Enjoyable work and company
Cons
No Cons
good staff and people are fun. i gained more experience. its management is strict but good. work place culture is good ....no racism. hardest part is lifting
I enjoy the diversity of culture and customers on a daily basis.
Being in management allows me to exercise the skills and experience I have acquired from past employment.
I enjoy the varied responsibilities that some with this role - where no 2 days are the same.

I enjoy working with new staff and having the ability to harness specific skills from individuals within the work environment.
Superb company culture, top of the class executive management and team spirit.
That was my entry to retail and fmcg environment and I was pleased that coming from a versatile background I was able to open new dimension for senior management in terms of effective reporting.
Pros
cantine
Cons
it was good people were friendly just the management was really bad at times. they'll be a lot of times we got under paid and if we call .. they never pick up
Pros
good people
Cons
stink pay
I enjoyed my job very much as there was no 2 days the same. Reception was a busy place with customers, clients, management and staff, as well as phone calls, mail, payroll, IEA contracts, filing. I learned how to be organised and prioritise important to least. New system was introduced called SAP accounts system this very challenging as it was very different to JDE accounts system. I have been both President and Secretary for the social club. The management was restructured serveral times there leaving the co workers and myself a bit unsettled but still knuckled down and got the job done to a high standard. The hardest part of the job was learning SAP as this was done over the phone from Head Office. The most enjoyable part of the job was the excellent rapport I had with all the Management and Staff, as we all worked as a team and always got my jobs finished at the end of each day to a high standard. The were sad to see me leave through redundancy.
Pros
Health Care
Cons
Too many restructures