Foodstuffs North Island
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Foodstuffs North Island Pay & Benefits reviews

Would always be welcomed by the crew upon arrival. Always worked together as team and had while doing it, although not too much as we continually focused at the task at hand,
Pros
Extra Hours Overtime
Cons
Short Breaks
New World Mount Roskill is a joke. Being a store person for this place, I was disgustingly overworked. Constant 13-15 hour shifts throughout the week and also favouritism to certain races. No overtime pay. Extremely unbalanced between the workload and wage. Extremely Appalling.
I thought this job would be a real great way to learn some skills and get a good start into the workforce. I was so excited about getting the job (although the period between me getting the job and starting work was about 6 weeks, not good at all). However, when I got the job, I saw I was going to be paid the Starting Out Wage. For those who do not know, this is a mere $13.20 per hour, for the first 6 months of an employee working there. Yes it’s legal, somehow. Obviously the company wants to get away with playing their staff as little as possible. No benefits at all, you are not cared for at all. I was told I was getting a progress report with my boss for the first 3 months that I had worked there but that didn’t happen of course. Oh! I forgot to mention that they will find any reason possible to deny you leave. The only reason I am there is because it is better than nothing at all, although actively searching for a new job. The only real plus side is there are some really fun people that I work with, but that has nothing to do with the company. My tip from me to you: don’t do it.
Amazing experience throughout. From the company benefits to the bosses everything was amazing. Everyone was very supportive and helped to grow and develop my skills.
Duty Managers can be scape goats for many things. The real money is made being the store manager. Duty Manager can be very stressful and low pay i thought.
Pros
Your it.
Cons
Low pay. Especially for what you are required to do.
Good people to work for company is down sizing hugely ,so time to move on enjoyed my time there. Bosses easy to talk to Free car park to all staff
Pros
Close to home
Cons
you laugh, have fun while working, friendly. competitive work. easy work, nice and easy not too hard. best time is home time. you learn the values of integrity and respect, showing pride.
Pros
long breaks
Cons
good hours
I found foodstuffs to be a multicultural environment with a really down to earth Management team, fast paced, dead line driven, productive, constant pace of inwards and outwards goods. I believe Foodstuffs to have an extremely high standard of Health and safety all reports of damages to fixtures, machinery,equipment also including staff had been dealt with in a professional manner using the correct procedures. The part i enjoyed most about the job was working with a great bunch of people, working up the ladder, learning new skills.
Pros
Free beer and wine every second day, $200 perks on top of pay if met the daily pick rate, shopping days items price at $, free dinner if working over time, decent pay, occasionally free chocolates and drinks, always free give always, weekly bonuses.
Cons
repetitive if working in same area all day, long hours if working over time, no christmas holidays.
Foodstuff is a family company, very productive and fun place to work, you work long hours but in return you will get benefits and security for you and your family.
Pros
Lots of benefits
Cons
Very busy
was good but pay wasnt great and process of work was good . i like that flow of work and set up was great but only factor was pay rate was bare minimum and i believe for the amount of work given didnt reflect in terms of rate and wages either wise it would of been a really good job for growth and stability
Pros
free coffee
Cons
pay rate
Was good for me but just didn't feel safe and welcomed. Did feel like I was making friends. Wasn't feeling the communication from each and everyone and was just boring.
Pros
Got breaks
Cons
Good hours, long hours
it was good people were friendly just the management was really bad at times. they'll be a lot of times we got under paid and if we call .. they never pick up
Pros
good people
Cons
stink pay
gets abit boring just because its the same repetitive work in a cold environment. in saying that its fun at the same time.
Pros
free lunch on saturdays
Cons
were required to do long shifts over public holidays
This was a full on position with plenty of variety, Learnt new systems. My Manager encouraged you to expand your knowledge within your field. Co-workers were very friendly and helpful to you. Enjoyed the interaction with clients and staff and the satisfaction of knowing you did the job well and were appreciated.
Pros
Able to try out new products, free products, liked the benefits - Retirement Fund $1 for a $1, Health Insurance free
Cons
A company which you can have a personal and career growth advancement and a supportive team members. Complexity of high volume load but a way to develop good skills and strengths.
Pros
Subsidized Cafetreria foods
Cons
provides health benefits and super annuation plan
Foodstuffs is a solid workplace for employees. I am happy with my current status however I am looking for extra hours to help towards my financial status, as Foodstuffs have no overtime at all.
Pros
$50.00 shopping card at end of year for all employees.
Cons
no overtime
Great rates to permanent workers and a lot of gifts as well. End of the year is always one of the busiest and the most fun time to work.
Pros
Great rates
Cons
it was good place to work at, because people were helpfull, training was excellent
Pros
use to get free drinks, and work parties
Cons
tough job, heavy lifting
working at food stuffs was really good for me to experience work in a food warehouse. it was always busy but good busy because everything was always under control because we had reliable and hard working supervisors. everyone at work got along which made work easy and more enjoyable as i became better at my job because of this. the hardest part of my job was unloading containers because the product was heavy. we had about three to four breaks depending on how long we worked each day. breaks were pretty fun as we played pool table to pass the time
Pros
we get free food from the warehouse
Cons
long hours not enough pay
Day goes fast when busyLearnt how to pick and pack palletise drive the hoist vaules stcmangement was goodthere was a family oritatedhardest part was not making mistakesoverall enjoy my 2years there.
Pros
free lunchs