Play YouTube video button

Foodstuffs North Island Employee Review

View all Foodstuffs North Island reviews

Not Worth It
Checkout Operator (Current Employee) –  North Island9 October 2018
I thought this job would be a real great way to learn some skills and get a good start into the workforce. I was so excited about getting the job (although the period between me getting the job and starting work was about 6 weeks, not good at all). However, when I got the job, I saw I was going to be paid the Starting Out Wage. For those who do not know, this is a mere $13.20 per hour, for the first 6 months of an employee working there. Yes it’s legal, somehow. Obviously the company wants to get away with playing their staff as little as possible.
No benefits at all, you are not cared for at all. I was told I was getting a progress report with my boss for the first 3 months that I had worked there but that didn’t happen of course.

Oh! I forgot to mention that they will find any reason possible to deny you leave.

The only reason I am there is because it is better than nothing at all, although actively searching for a new job.

The only real plus side is there are some really fun people that I work with, but that has nothing to do with the company.

My tip from me to you: don’t do it.

Other Foodstuffs North Island Employee Reviews

Ok its was busy
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland7 February 2020
Ok it was always busy and ongoing. Lots of communication with clients and managements and your team. Early starts and some days quite and relaxing. Gd
False reviews!
Storeman (Current Employee) –  Mount Roskill, Auckland4 February 2020
New World Mount Roskill is a joke. Being a store person for this place, I was disgustingly overworked. Constant 13-15 hour shifts throughout the week and also favouritism to certain races. No overtime pay. Extremely unbalanced between the workload and wage. Extremely Appalling.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Foodstuffs North Island. Our community is ready to answer.