Foodstuffs North Island
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Foodstuffs North Island Employee Reviews

I was there for a few years and found it have good people mostly in the right places and there was room to move and and grow with in the business between departments up the management chain
Pros
great people
Cons
Very corporate
I've been at foodies for nearly three years and to begin with it was tough, challenging but also exciting - that hasn't changed... just evolved - the challenges are more rewarding the the team is fantastic, business is tough and moves at a fast pace, but it is immensely rewarding, seeing the results for your efforts.
Pros
awesome people - lots of laughs
Cons
fast paced
My role helps set up new owner operators on their Foodies journey. I look after everything from the initial inquiry right up to board approval. I also support owner operators when they are recruiting new team members in to new build stores. I also recruit roles across our Support Centre. The culture in my team celebrates self leadership and controlling your own destiny, encourages pushing the rules and constantly asking questions and looking for smarter ways to do things. Foodies is full of opportunity if you have the drive and ambition to make it happen.
Pros
The people, Free Car parking
Cons
Mt Roskill location - tired office space (but moving to the airport in 2020!)
Good work life balance. Nice environment to work in. Creative people, creative thinking. Progressive but coming from behind the curve. A few years and they will get there.
Great place to progress in your career, my manager is very supportive of helping me develop.You do have to show a lot of initiative - the support is there when you ask for it but you need to be proactive in seeking opportunities Lots of social activities (netball tournaments, soccer tournaments, wine tasting, etc) Can be a really hectic environment but there's a lot of opportunity to have fun (and have cake)
Pros
Free parking and onsite barista
Cons
Can be hard to find people in such a big company
I thought this job would be a real great way to learn some skills and get a good start into the workforce. I was so excited about getting the job (although the period between me getting the job and starting work was about 6 weeks, not good at all). However, when I got the job, I saw I was going to be paid the Starting Out Wage. For those who do not know, this is a mere $13.20 per hour, for the first 6 months of an employee working there. Yes it’s legal, somehow. Obviously the company wants to get away with playing their staff as little as possible. No benefits at all, you are not cared for at all. I was told I was getting a progress report with my boss for the first 3 months that I had worked there but that didn’t happen of course. Oh! I forgot to mention that they will find any reason possible to deny you leave. The only reason I am there is because it is better than nothing at all, although actively searching for a new job. The only real plus side is there are some really fun people that I work with, but that has nothing to do with the company. My tip from me to you: don’t do it.
Would always be welcomed by the crew upon arrival. Always worked together as team and had while doing it, although not too much as we continually focused at the task at hand,
Pros
Extra Hours Overtime
Cons
Short Breaks
My typical at work every day its was good and fun i learn how to short out the staff for the next day,learn how to clean and mix the chemical,to now how to order the staff is was short.how manage with the worker have to know them their self and have to respect each other have make fun talk about something to build up a good work their culture its so good because they are friendly and kindly every months they have a promotion to make a team to work hard to get goal and so proud of their self.The hardest part of the job is the toilets when is block the most enjoyable part is get together with other people at work.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long hour
The shop is busy and very active work environment. dont hear much from the Management team which is good. Customers always wanting to know where things are or why dont you stock....? Very physical work. I feel some people in the work environment are underrated and underpaid going by the double roles they do.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Place can be depressing at times.
Amazing experience throughout. From the company benefits to the bosses everything was amazing. Everyone was very supportive and helped to grow and develop my skills.
Working on night shift was great the work i could do and i would try challenge others and myself with the picking statistics. It was the people who worked with me that was fun. Nice caring environment (on nightshift) with staff of all different backgrounds and ages.
Pros
the people
Cons
nightshift having to work saturday mornings
turning up for work each day was easy, the culture, the people and making not just life time friends but people I can now call my family were reasons why I wanted to turn up each day.
Duty Managers can be scape goats for many things. The real money is made being the store manager. Duty Manager can be very stressful and low pay i thought.
Pros
Your it.
Cons
Low pay. Especially for what you are required to do.
Good people to work for company is down sizing hugely ,so time to move on enjoyed my time there. Bosses easy to talk to Free car park to all staff
Pros
Close to home
Cons
you laugh, have fun while working, friendly. competitive work. easy work, nice and easy not too hard. best time is home time. you learn the values of integrity and respect, showing pride.
Pros
long breaks
Cons
good hours
I found foodstuffs to be a multicultural environment with a really down to earth Management team, fast paced, dead line driven, productive, constant pace of inwards and outwards goods. I believe Foodstuffs to have an extremely high standard of Health and safety all reports of damages to fixtures, machinery,equipment also including staff had been dealt with in a professional manner using the correct procedures. The part i enjoyed most about the job was working with a great bunch of people, working up the ladder, learning new skills.
Pros
Free beer and wine every second day, $200 perks on top of pay if met the daily pick rate, shopping days items price at $, free dinner if working over time, decent pay, occasionally free chocolates and drinks, always free give always, weekly bonuses.
Cons
repetitive if working in same area all day, long hours if working over time, no christmas holidays.
it was a good vibe good people to work with management is mud not good looking after the works good to learn new skills but got boring picking and packing the same thing over and over again
I was only there on contract for 6 weeks. Very interesting. Learned how to use JDE Management was good Worked as a team There was no hard parts to the job Doing reconcilations
Pros
Enjoyable work and company
Cons
No Cons
Talent is there , along participant might be boring but open friendly to each may be aster lot of time preferred to asked sheathed you will be happy. Family won’t be risking for the long unique job
Pros
Honesty
Cons
Harder to move to the next stage
good staff and people are fun. i gained more experience. its management is strict but good. work place culture is good ....no racism. hardest part is lifting
Foodstuff is a family company, very productive and fun place to work, you work long hours but in return you will get benefits and security for you and your family.
Pros
Lots of benefits
Cons
Very busy