Play YouTube video button

Foodstuffs North Island Employee Reviews

Featured review
Foodstuffs North Island selected this as a representative review
Superb company culture
Senior Commercial Analyst /Contract (Former Employee) –  Auckland New Zealand22 August 2017
Superb company culture, top of the class executive management and team spirit.
That was my entry to retail and fmcg environment and I was pleased that coming from a versatile background I was able to open new dimension for senior management in terms of effective reporting.
Pros
cantine
A day at work
Pick Packer / Reach Driver (Former Employee) –  Mount Roskill, Auckland5 July 2018
Working on night shift was great the work i could do and i would try challenge others and myself with the picking statistics. It was the people who worked with me that was fun. Nice caring environment (on nightshift) with staff of all different backgrounds and ages.
Pros
the people
Cons
nightshift having to work saturday mornings
Love the culture, enjoyable business to work for
General warehouse work (Former Employee) –  Favona, Auckland, NZ24 May 2018
turning up for work each day was easy, the culture, the people and making not just life time friends but people I can now call my family were reasons why I wanted to turn up each day.
Busy all the time. Never feel you completed your jobs at end of day.
Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton East, Waikato19 May 2018
Duty Managers can be scape goats for many things. The real money is made being the store manager. Duty Manager can be very stressful and low pay i thought.
Pros
Your it.
Cons
Low pay. Especially for what you are required to do.
Invoice Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lower Hutt, Wellington18 March 2018
Good people to work for
company is down sizing hugely ,so time to move on
enjoyed my time there.
Bosses easy to talk to
Free car park to all staff
Pros
Close to home
good people
Stores person (Former Employee) –  Auckland18 March 2018
you laugh, have fun while working, friendly.
competitive work. easy work, nice and easy not too hard.
best time is home time.

you learn the values of integrity and respect, showing pride.
Pros
long breaks
Cons
good hours
enjoyable and very productive
Accounts Payable Administrator (Former Employee) –  Wellington, Wellington10 March 2018
I was only there on contract for 6 weeks.
Very interesting.
Learned how to use JDE
Management was good
Worked as a team
There was no hard parts to the job
Doing reconcilations
Pros
Enjoyable work and company
Cons
No Cons
Appreciative to great service approving teams must give open answer
Produce and claims depRt (Former Employee) –  Kenepuru19 February 2018
Talent is there , along participant might be boring but open friendly to each may be aster lot of time preferred to asked sheathed you will be happy. Family won’t be risking for the long unique job
Pros
Honesty
Cons
Harder to move to the next stage
fun work place
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  auckland15 February 2018
good staff and people are fun. i gained more experience. its management is strict but good. work place culture is good ....no racism. hardest part is lifting
Great work team
Senior Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wellington City, Wellington3 December 2017
I enjoy the diversity of culture and customers on a daily basis.
Being in management allows me to exercise the skills and experience I have acquired from past employment.
I enjoy the varied responsibilities that some with this role - where no 2 days are the same.
I enjoy working with new staff and having the ability to harness specific skills from individuals within the work environment.
Proactive and fun
Store person (Former Employee) –  Mount Roskill, Auckland29 October 2017
Great learning experience, learning about the retail industry particularly grocery production and distribution. Great and friendly team environment working together to achieve daily company targets.
Pros
Great workmates
A piece of NZ culture.
Engineering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auckland10 September 2017
A workplace that is the backbone of New Zealand owned and operated supermarket chains. Really supportive and offered good pay. All incentives included.
the hardest part of the job and the best part
Store Person (Current Employee) –  Rosebank, NZ10 May 2017
Some look down on me because age and would tell me off to hurry up because expectations but not focusing on health and safety procedures, so we had to pick a certain amount daily and not be under it or else we get the talk but also even to the elders who were fast enough had to speed up to the expectations but also is a fun job and you meet new people from different countries.
productive
Staging and Dispatch Team leader (Former Employee) –  Manukau City, Auckland13 March 2017
was good but pay wasnt great and process of work was good . i like that flow of work and set up was great but only factor was pay rate was bare minimum and i believe for the amount of work given didnt reflect in terms of rate and wages either wise it would of been a really good job for growth and stability
Pros
free coffee
Cons
pay rate
Its a ok job
Food stuff (Former Employee) –  Manukau9 March 2017
Was good for me but just didn't feel safe and welcomed. Did feel like I was making friends. Wasn't feeling the communication from each and everyone and was just boring.
Pros
Got breaks
Cons
Good hours, long hours
good
Store Person (Former Employee) –  Mount Roskill, Auckland27 February 2017
it was good people were friendly just the management was really bad at times. they'll be a lot of times we got under paid and if we call .. they never pick up
Pros
good people
Cons
stink pay
Pick Packer (Current Employee) –  Manukau City, Auckland28 December 2016
It's a good working environment but very cold, if you're not someone who likes to drive around in the cold this place is not for you. It's a lovely place to work with good colleagues.
Pros
Free food on occasions
Cons
No good machines
Business focused and fun place to work
Receptionist / Administration (Former Employee) –  Palmerston North, Manawatu-Wanganui4 December 2016
I enjoyed my job very much as there was no 2 days the same. Reception was a busy place with customers, clients, management and staff, as well as phone calls, mail, payroll, IEA contracts, filing. I learned how to be organised and prioritise important to least. New system was introduced called SAP accounts system this very challenging as it was very different to JDE accounts system. I have been both President and Secretary for the social club. The management was restructured serveral times there leaving the co workers and myself a bit unsettled but still knuckled down and got the job done to a high standard. The hardest part of the job was learning SAP as this was done over the phone from Head Office. The most enjoyable part of the job was the excellent rapport I had with all the Management and Staff, as we all worked as a team and always got my jobs finished at the end of each day to a high standard. The were sad to see me leave through redundancy.
Pros
Health Care
Cons
Too many restructures
Foodstuffs
Butchery Manager (Current Employee) –  Hastings District, Hawke's Bay31 August 2016
reached a level with Department Management, no where to move to other than store owner.
Always felt I had more to give and achieve.
Had goals set that was Sales, profit and Loss figures to be achieved and a range of products to promote.
Loved my time in the company, BUT as mentioned always had limits that good not be broken as Foodstuffs had a chain of command that would not allow personal growth, or career improvements for Hawkes Bay.
Pros
Nice culture to work in
Cons
level to move up to limited
Complex Environment
SAP Trainer- Contract Role (Current Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland30 May 2016
The culture at Foodstuffs is not straight forward.
I have gained a better understanding of SAP.
The hardest part of this job is to adapt to the culture which is highly charged with psychological regulations.
Most enjoyable part is the flexibility in terms of location and the travel to work outside the office.
Repetitive work
Food stuffs (Former Employee) –  Palmerston North, Manawatu-Wanganui15 May 2016
gets abit boring just because its the same repetitive work in a cold environment. in saying that its fun at the same time.
Pros
free lunch on saturdays
Cons
were required to do long shifts over public holidays

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Foodstuffs North Island. Our community is ready to answer.