Play YouTube video button
Foodstuffs North Island
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Foodstuffs North Island Employee Reviews

New Zealand59 reviews
Featured review
Foodstuffs North Island selected this as a representative review
Superb company culture
Superb company culture, top of the class executive management and team spirit.
That was my entry to retail and fmcg environment and I was pleased that coming from a versatile background I was able to open new dimension for senior management in terms of effective reporting.
Pros
cantine
Cons
Productive and fun work environment
I enjoyed working along with a great team. completing duties in time as well as dedication to do more when mass, unexpected workload occurred. I have gained time management skills and knowledge in warehousing & distribution, enabling my ability to increase my performance effectively within the system utilised to achieve daily targets.
Enjoyed my work at Foodstuffs and the people
This was a full on position with plenty of variety, Learnt new systems. My Manager encouraged you to expand your knowledge within your field. Co-workers were very friendly and helpful to you. Enjoyed the interaction with clients and staff and the satisfaction of knowing you did the job well and were appreciated.
Pros
Able to try out new products, free products, liked the benefits - Retirement Fund $1 for a $1, Health Insurance free
Fun workplace
A company which you can have a personal and career growth advancement and a supportive team members. Complexity of high volume load but a way to develop good skills and strengths.
Pros
Subsidized Cafetreria foods
Cons
provides health benefits and super annuation plan
Productive and Friendly
Very Friendly and diverse place with multi cultural ethnic groups. Management is decent. Most enjoyable part of the work place is working alongside my colleagues and gaining new skills etc. I wasnt given perm for my time there.
Pros
50 min breaks
Cons
Not gaining perm
Productive and enjoyable
Foodstuffs is a solid workplace for employees. I am happy with my current status however I am looking for extra hours to help towards my financial status, as Foodstuffs have no overtime at all.
Pros
$50.00 shopping card at end of year for all employees.
Cons
no overtime
was some complications but fun environment to work at.
good place to work at, maybe need to fix the management. Great people to work with, trying not break or ruin any product which is hard to do, most enjoyable job is finishing the orders on time but sometimes doing overtime get more money.
Pros
the people
Cons
the management
Fun Work Place
Lovely company to work for. Sad that it was only a temp job. Would of loved to work there longer. Great people to work along side you.
Pros
Lovely people to work with
Cons
Long Hours
Great work place
Great rates to permanent workers and a lot of gifts as well. End of the year is always one of the busiest and the most fun time to work.
Pros
Great rates
working within a team
Long term success in a work environment can often be predicted based on the level of trust, respect, honesty, humor, integrity, hard work, communication and shared responsibility that is exhibited by its people."
Pros
get picked up
Cons
Overall productive workplace friendly enviroment
Full on from start to finish I learnt communication skills people to people skills health and safety first aid operating machinery and team building management very supportive of all employees co-workers friendly helpful and caring hardest part of job going from 8hr shift to 16hr enjoyable part of job warm and happy atmosphere that created by employers and employees.
Pros
Staff packages, barbecue lunches, morning teas and family outings
Cons
Early starts and late finishes
very good
it was good place to work at, because people were helpfull, training was excellent
Pros
use to get free drinks, and work parties
Cons
tough job, heavy lifting
Fun place to work
Fly limited was an advertising company with one director and no shareholders. Flexible in nature and good relationship with the director. Easy going and fun place with a small team.
Each and every day I enjoyed my job and learned about warehouse and logistics skills.
Company moving forward
Foodstuffs is proudly 100% New Zealand owned and operated organisation, made up of three regional co-operatives.

As a company they are a true Kiwi success story, having grown from humble beginnings to become one of New Zealand's largest and most thriving businesses.
exceptional work place provided pool table
working at food stuffs was really good for me to experience work in a food warehouse. it was always busy but good busy because everything was always under control because we had reliable and hard working supervisors. everyone at work got along which made work easy and more enjoyable as i became better at my job because of this. the hardest part of my job was unloading containers because the product was heavy. we had about three to four breaks depending on how long we worked each day. breaks were pretty fun as we played pool table to pass the time
Pros
we get free food from the warehouse
Cons
long hours not enough pay
Was fun working place
Day goes fast when busy
Learnt how to pick and pack palletise drive the hoist vaules stc

mangement was good

there was a family oritated

hardest part was not making mistakes

overall enjoy my 2years there.
Pros
free lunchs
Cons
Fun working environment which cared alot about their workers
Work was enjoyable and I looked forward to each day.The supervisors and management were more then helpful ensuring that I was a capable worker who showed initiative. There was nothing hard about the job, It was an awesome place to work and would love to work there again if given the chance.
Pros
management was understanding, supportive, ensured i was trained at a high level
Cons
this company had no cons as they were very supportive of all their workers
Fun workplace
Typical day at work would be picking and packing. We were taught the health and safety rules, how to drive a train and how to palletize. My co-workers were friendly, funny, enjoyable and easy to work with. The hardest part of the job would probably have to be stacking cases. The most enjoyable part would be driving the trains and being in a friendly environment.
Pros
shared lunches, breaks