Foodstuffs North Island
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Foodstuffs North Island Employee Reviews

I was there for a few years and found it have good people mostly in the right places and there was room to move and and grow with in the business between departments up the management chain
Pros
great people
Cons
Very corporate
I enjoy the diversity of culture and customers on a daily basis. Being in management allows me to exercise the skills and experience I have acquired from past employment. I enjoy the varied responsibilities that some with this role - where no 2 days are the same. I enjoy working with new staff and having the ability to harness specific skills from individuals within the work environment.
Great learning experience, learning about the retail industry particularly grocery production and distribution. Great and friendly team environment working together to achieve daily company targets.
Pros
Great workmates
Cons
A workplace that is the backbone of New Zealand owned and operated supermarket chains. Really supportive and offered good pay. All incentives included.
Superb company culture, top of the class executive management and team spirit. That was my entry to retail and fmcg environment and I was pleased that coming from a versatile background I was able to open new dimension for senior management in terms of effective reporting.
Pros
cantine
Cons
Some look down on me because age and would tell me off to hurry up because expectations but not focusing on health and safety procedures, so we had to pick a certain amount daily and not be under it or else we get the talk but also even to the elders who were fast enough had to speed up to the expectations but also is a fun job and you meet new people from different countries.
was good but pay wasnt great and process of work was good . i like that flow of work and set up was great but only factor was pay rate was bare minimum and i believe for the amount of work given didnt reflect in terms of rate and wages either wise it would of been a really good job for growth and stability
Pros
free coffee
Cons
pay rate
Was good for me but just didn't feel safe and welcomed. Did feel like I was making friends. Wasn't feeling the communication from each and everyone and was just boring.
Pros
Got breaks
Cons
Good hours, long hours
it was good people were friendly just the management was really bad at times. they'll be a lot of times we got under paid and if we call .. they never pick up
Pros
good people
Cons
stink pay
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Foodstuffs North Island?
It's a good working environment but very cold, if you're not someone who likes to drive around in the cold this place is not for you. It's a lovely place to work with good colleagues.
Pros
Free food on occasions
Cons
No good machines
I enjoyed my job very much as there was no 2 days the same. Reception was a busy place with customers, clients, management and staff, as well as phone calls, mail, payroll, IEA contracts, filing. I learned how to be organised and prioritise important to least. New system was introduced called SAP accounts system this very challenging as it was very different to JDE accounts system. I have been both President and Secretary for the social club. The management was restructured serveral times there leaving the co workers and myself a bit unsettled but still knuckled down and got the job done to a high standard. The hardest part of the job was learning SAP as this was done over the phone from Head Office. The most enjoyable part of the job was the excellent rapport I had with all the Management and Staff, as we all worked as a team and always got my jobs finished at the end of each day to a high standard. The were sad to see me leave through redundancy.
Pros
Health Care
Cons
Too many restructures
reached a level with Department Management, no where to move to other than store owner. Always felt I had more to give and achieve. Had goals set that was Sales, profit and Loss figures to be achieved and a range of products to promote. Loved my time in the company, BUT as mentioned always had limits that good not be broken as Foodstuffs had a chain of command that would not allow personal growth, or career improvements for Hawkes Bay.
Pros
Nice culture to work in
Cons
level to move up to limited
The culture at Foodstuffs is not straight forward. I have gained a better understanding of SAP. The hardest part of this job is to adapt to the culture which is highly charged with psychological regulations. Most enjoyable part is the flexibility in terms of location and the travel to work outside the office.
gets abit boring just because its the same repetitive work in a cold environment. in saying that its fun at the same time.
Pros
free lunch on saturdays
Cons
were required to do long shifts over public holidays
I enjoyed working along with a great team. completing duties in time as well as dedication to do more when mass, unexpected workload occurred. I have gained time management skills and knowledge in warehousing & distribution, enabling my ability to increase my performance effectively within the system utilised to achieve daily targets.
This was a full on position with plenty of variety, Learnt new systems. My Manager encouraged you to expand your knowledge within your field. Co-workers were very friendly and helpful to you. Enjoyed the interaction with clients and staff and the satisfaction of knowing you did the job well and were appreciated.
Pros
Able to try out new products, free products, liked the benefits - Retirement Fund $1 for a $1, Health Insurance free
Cons
A company which you can have a personal and career growth advancement and a supportive team members. Complexity of high volume load but a way to develop good skills and strengths.
Pros
Subsidized Cafetreria foods
Cons
provides health benefits and super annuation plan
Very Friendly and diverse place with multi cultural ethnic groups. Management is decent. Most enjoyable part of the work place is working alongside my colleagues and gaining new skills etc. I wasnt given perm for my time there.
Pros
50 min breaks
Cons
Not gaining perm
Foodstuffs is a solid workplace for employees. I am happy with my current status however I am looking for extra hours to help towards my financial status, as Foodstuffs have no overtime at all.
Pros
$50.00 shopping card at end of year for all employees.
Cons
no overtime
good place to work at, maybe need to fix the management. Great people to work with, trying not break or ruin any product which is hard to do, most enjoyable job is finishing the orders on time but sometimes doing overtime get more money.
Pros
the people
Cons
the management
Lovely company to work for. Sad that it was only a temp job. Would of loved to work there longer. Great people to work along side you.
Pros
Lovely people to work with
Cons
Long Hours