Foodstuffs North Island
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Foodstuffs North Island Employee Reviews

New Zealand74 reviews
I was there for a few years and found it have good people mostly in the right places and there was room to move and and grow with in the business between departments up the management chain
Pros
great people
Cons
Very corporate
working for foodstuff was fun and I enjoy working there I get to meet so many truck driver and they were good people even though I was the only girl working there oh and the manager was a girl too but she was hardly around everyone there made me feel welcome and we all talk to each other and got along there was never any problem
Great rates to permanent workers and a lot of gifts as well. End of the year is always one of the busiest and the most fun time to work.
Pros
Great rates
Cons
Long term success in a work environment can often be predicted based on the level of trust, respect, honesty, humor, integrity, hard work, communication and shared responsibility that is exhibited by its people."
Pros
get picked up
Cons
Due to the short period of time employed there under an Recruitment Agency, I've come to highly respect the employees as that of the supervisors. I've obtained an immense information and skills of others and that I personally experienced, through verbal instructions and techniques, assistance and cooperation to help each other without asking but by observing and immediate reaction. Although to be honest that the hours were indeed long but every moment were beneficial to that what we did, was of a professional conduct and of excellent details.
Pros
Long hours, Good Company, Approachable Supervisors, A real relaxed working environment.
Cons
Only my Recruitment Agency sending me elsewhere.....So I left that Recruitment Agency.
Full on from start to finish I learnt communication skills people to people skills health and safety first aid operating machinery and team building management very supportive of all employees co-workers friendly helpful and caring hardest part of job going from 8hr shift to 16hr enjoyable part of job warm and happy atmosphere that created by employers and employees.
Pros
Staff packages, barbecue lunches, morning teas and family outings
Cons
Early starts and late finishes
it was good place to work at, because people were helpfull, training was excellent
Pros
use to get free drinks, and work parties
Cons
tough job, heavy lifting
Fly limited was an advertising company with one director and no shareholders. Flexible in nature and good relationship with the director. Easy going and fun place with a small team.
Each and every day I enjoyed my job and learned about warehouse and logistics skills.
Foodstuffs is proudly 100% New Zealand owned and operated organisation, made up of three regional co-operatives.

As a company they are a true Kiwi success story, having grown from humble beginnings to become one of New Zealand's largest and most thriving businesses.
working at food stuffs was really good for me to experience work in a food warehouse. it was always busy but good busy because everything was always under control because we had reliable and hard working supervisors. everyone at work got along which made work easy and more enjoyable as i became better at my job because of this. the hardest part of my job was unloading containers because the product was heavy. we had about three to four breaks depending on how long we worked each day. breaks were pretty fun as we played pool table to pass the time
Pros
we get free food from the warehouse
Cons
long hours not enough pay
Day goes fast when busy
Learnt how to pick and pack palletise drive the hoist vaules stc

mangement was good

there was a family oritated

hardest part was not making mistakes

overall enjoy my 2years there.
Pros
free lunchs
Cons
Work was enjoyable and I looked forward to each day.The supervisors and management were more then helpful ensuring that I was a capable worker who showed initiative. There was nothing hard about the job, It was an awesome place to work and would love to work there again if given the chance.
Pros
management was understanding, supportive, ensured i was trained at a high level
Cons
this company had no cons as they were very supportive of all their workers
Typical day at work would be picking and packing. We were taught the health and safety rules, how to drive a train and how to palletize. My co-workers were friendly, funny, enjoyable and easy to work with. The hardest part of the job would probably have to be stacking cases. The most enjoyable part would be driving the trains and being in a friendly environment.
Pros
shared lunches, breaks