Foodstuffs South Island Employee Reviews

Great place if you have the right attitude
Four Square Operations Advisor (Former Employee) –  Christchurch, Canterbury14 October 2019
Great place to work, they are always concerned about your work like balance.

Wish I could have stayed.
Pay is fair
Medical after 12 months
Bonus after 12 months ( based on company performance)
New product samples almost every day
So much more.
a lot of variety
Administration and Print Centre Manager (Current Employee) –  Papanui, Canterbury11 July 2019
I have been made redundant after 30 years loyal service. I was given a lot of opportunities I learnt a lot, covered a lot of areas and am very grateful for this experience.
Learning environment
IT service desk operator (Current Employee) –  Papanui, Canterbury1 June 2019
I work in a challenging work environment. We support our clients all around the South Island. Every day is different. We tackle all kinds of queries from a mobile not connecting to the network to a market being offline. We have various IT teams working closely to make sure the Foodstuffs network is well maintained.
Pros
lots to learn
Cons
stressful environment
part/full time
WAREHOUSE STORE PERSON (Former Employee) –  Christchurch, Canterbury2 March 2019
wonderful warehouse experience. lots of young people. need to obtain required target of the day. had great time and fun with other workers. did experience of forklift driving.
prouductive and enjoyable workplace
TC assistand (Former Employee) –  Hornby, Canterbury13 February 2019
In the short amount of time I worked Foodstuffs, Hornby I found my work enjoyable a healthy enviroment and very good. The team were all amazing and made it more of a family group.
Catty and judgemental
Dairy deli (Former Employee) –  Pak n sav Richmond25 January 2019
Worked for pak n save for 3years 10 to 12hrs a day, 6 days wk. Had to have carpel tunnels fixed 6 to 8 wks recovery time. Was told leave or b laid off. No loyalty In this company at all. Never would work for them again. They don't care about staff.
Pros
No side benefits
Cons
Long hours, too many bosses, pay sucks
cheap food
Ambient Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Christchurch, Canterbury12 January 2019
The managers where always talkative and easy going had cool workmates and the cafe was always cheap and nice. A day at work was always different as i had numerous duties i had to complete on a day to day basis.
Pros
cheap food
Cons
bad coffee
Nice place to work
Forklift Driver, bulk picker , (Current Employee) –  Christchurch, Canterbury5 December 2018
Hard work , all supervisors are nice , I have got a great experience in there . I have a great communication with every employers. I do my job what l have been told to do , l respect all the people
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
30 minute break
People are nice
Nightfill Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dunedin City, Otago25 November 2018
Sadly all I can say is the people are nice and a low risk job. Management needs ALOT OF WORK poor communication and likes to point the finger alot. Very hard to get time off if needed.
Pros
Meeting lots of people
Cons
Poor management
good employer
Fulltime store person (Former Employee) –  Christchurch, Canterbury26 April 2018
Work involves a lot of heavy lifting but they provide training and there are more internal job opportunities. pay is alright. good employer to work with.
store person (Former Employee) –  Christchurch, Canterbury21 October 2017
Not bad work but didnt pay very well for the work you did. Also management was good at picking favourites and rewarding people who didnt always deserve it but other than that not a bad job
Pros
overtime
Cons
management
Great job
SAP Accountant (Former Employee) –  Christchurch, New Zealand9 May 2017
This is the most challenging job I have ever had. No two days were the same. Everyday there were new issues that required solutions. I saw these problems as an opportunity, to be challenged and to come up with workable solutions.
The role also involved being out of the office visiting and training clients. I enjoyed being on the road and dealing with the store owners down to the office staff and checkout operator. The hardest part of the job was producing the first set of accounts or GST return (equivalent to VAT) to independent accountants' specification.
Very siloed company, not willing to think outside the square
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand21 December 2016
Not good.

Were not willing to fund training that was needed to do the job, even though I was willing to put some of my own money up. Would not allow the use of retired AIX equipment for training purposes. Management were not flexible about time in leiu, even though I did lots of work in the evening patching.

Got sick of being messed around and left the company
Pros
Cafe
good
Store Person (Current Employee) –  Christchurch City, Canterbury12 December 2016
I am fast learner person. As I have good grades in college I think I am capable for this job. I am punctual, honest and full of sense of humor. I think if you let me in there I will never let you to fell guilty.
Thank you.
good place to work
bulk orders,retail shop,deliverys,forklift driving (Former Employee) –  Dunedin City, Otago1 September 2016
it a great place to work there really good people to work with .theres alot of opportunitys for further training-first aid ,forklift licence learning to work in the shop gain people and customer skills
Pros
good cafe and bonuses
Cons
days went quick
Workwise okay, culture not so much
IT Engineer (Current Employee) –  Auckland14 June 2016
This is a great company to work for, if you are willing to slack off, come in late and do nothing and still get paid.

I am not that kind of person, so I am actively looking for ANYthing else.
Ok
Bulk picker (Former Employee) –  Hornby, Canterbury18 April 2016
Foodstuffs is okay wouldnt say the best , but they are strict with number picking a day, they do expect you to pick average 1000 a day. people are great their. office people and mangeers not so great
Family Culture
Manager (Former Employee) –  South Island3 March 2016
I was extremely fortunate to have fallen into a career with a South Island / New Zealand Company that had excellent family values and a vision to grow and support their membership base.

I enjoyed the challenges, the change and most of all the people.
Pros
Superannuation, Medical, Bonus, Company Car, Staff Buying
Fun to work, Multicultural society, less burden
Dock coordinator/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  christchurch1 October 2015
My favorite company who care for other and had a great opportunities to learn so many new things which gonna help to enhance work experience
Pros
free travel and luch
Cons
long shift
the best job yet
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Blenheim14 March 2014
the best company 'ive worked for very customer focused and very heavy lifting i learned a lot of lessons in management ,ordering driving delivering organizing staff delegating staff
the hardest part of the job was dealing with the ones that didnt want to work
the most enjoyable part of the job was customer contact and ther recognition and trust in me
Pros
staff discount, life insursnce, superanuation, redundancy 40 hours week
Cons
dirty at times, unpredictable