Foodstuffs South Island
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Foodstuffs South Island Employee Reviews

New Zealand23 reviews
Everyone was very welcoming, they all had very nice attitudes they were very helpful and would help you if you are ever stuck or in need of assistance. The managers and supervisors were super helpful and understanding when it came to problems or school things that we needed time off for. Overall my experience was amazing.
Great place to work, they are always concerned about your work like balance.

Wish I could have stayed.

Pay is fair

Medical after 12 months

Bonus after 12 months ( based on company performance)

New product samples almost every day

So much more.
Brilliant place to work and get very fit and good rate of pay.
But however their targets can be Very unrealistic.

There is alot of conflict of interest where newbies closest to managers get advanced , rewarded and very hard workers dont
I have been made redundant after 30 years loyal service. I was given a lot of opportunities I learnt a lot, covered a lot of areas and am very grateful for this experience.
I work in a challenging work environment. We support our clients all around the South Island. Every day is different. We tackle all kinds of queries from a mobile not connecting to the network to a market being offline. We have various IT teams working closely to make sure the Foodstuffs network is well maintained.
Pros
lots to learn
Cons
stressful environment
wonderful warehouse experience. lots of young people. need to obtain required target of the day. had great time and fun with other workers. did experience of forklift driving.
In the short amount of time I worked Foodstuffs, Hornby I found my work enjoyable a healthy enviroment and very good. The team were all amazing and made it more of a family group.
Worked for pak n save for 3years 10 to 12hrs a day, 6 days wk. Had to have carpel tunnels fixed 6 to 8 wks recovery time. Was told leave or b laid off. No loyalty In this company at all. Never would work for them again. They don't care about staff.
Pros
No side benefits
Cons
Long hours, too many bosses, pay sucks
The managers where always talkative and easy going had cool workmates and the cafe was always cheap and nice. A day at work was always different as i had numerous duties i had to complete on a day to day basis.
Pros
cheap food
Cons
bad coffee
Hard work , all supervisors are nice , I have got a great experience in there . I have a great communication with every employers. I do my job what l have been told to do , l respect all the people
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
30 minute break
Sadly all I can say is the people are nice and a low risk job. Management needs ALOT OF WORK poor communication and likes to point the finger alot. Very hard to get time off if needed.
Pros
Meeting lots of people
Cons
Poor management
Work involves a lot of heavy lifting but they provide training and there are more internal job opportunities. pay is alright. good employer to work with.
Not bad work but didnt pay very well for the work you did. Also management was good at picking favourites and rewarding people who didnt always deserve it but other than that not a bad job
Pros
overtime
Cons
management
This is the most challenging job I have ever had. No two days were the same. Everyday there were new issues that required solutions. I saw these problems as an opportunity, to be challenged and to come up with workable solutions.
The role also involved being out of the office visiting and training clients. I enjoyed being on the road and dealing with the store owners down to the office staff and checkout operator. The hardest part of the job was producing the first set of accounts or GST return (equivalent to VAT) to independent accountants' specification.
Not good.

Were not willing to fund training that was needed to do the job, even though I was willing to put some of my own money up. Would not allow the use of retired AIX equipment for training purposes. Management were not flexible about time in leiu, even though I did lots of work in the evening patching.

Got sick of being messed around and left the company
Pros
Cafe
I am fast learner person. As I have good grades in college I think I am capable for this job. I am punctual, honest and full of sense of humor. I think if you let me in there I will never let you to fell guilty.
Thank you.
it a great place to work there really good people to work with .theres alot of opportunitys for further training-first aid ,forklift licence learning to work in the shop gain people and customer skills
Pros
good cafe and bonuses
Cons
days went quick
This is a great company to work for, if you are willing to slack off, come in late and do nothing and still get paid.

I am not that kind of person, so I am actively looking for ANYthing else.
Foodstuffs is okay wouldnt say the best , but they are strict with number picking a day, they do expect you to pick average 1000 a day. people are great their. office people and mangeers not so great
I was extremely fortunate to have fallen into a career with a South Island / New Zealand Company that had excellent family values and a vision to grow and support their membership base.

I enjoyed the challenges, the change and most of all the people.
Pros
Superannuation, Medical, Bonus, Company Car, Staff Buying
My favorite company who care for other and had a great opportunities to learn so many new things which gonna help to enhance work experience
Pros
free travel and luch
Cons
long shift