Forever New
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Forever New Employee Reviews for Retail Assistant Manager

Retail Assistant Manager1 review
New Zealand1 review
Found 1 review matching the search
A typical day at work involves:
- Cleaning: vacuuming, dusting, rubbish-run.

- Checking Promotions.

- Working closely with customers

- Grooming clothing rails...A LOT!!!

Management:

A lot of the issues that I had as an employee had very little to do with my actual team or my store manager, but EVERYTHING to do with the lack of support from head office/higher management. There wasn't a lot of importance placed on head office visits to smaller stores. This meant that the team weren't able to communicate certain issues with them, and the store was unable to progress properly.

The hardest part of the job was cleaning up after the customers. Working in retail is not for the faint hearted. If you cannot stand to pick up the same piece of clothing over and over again every 10 seconds, then this job is DEFINITELY not for you.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the team environment. So you are lucky if you join a team that you automatically click with - because you will spend a lot of time with them.

All in all, if you are looking for a position that offers a lot of hours - seek Full Time roles. This way, you are guaranteed a set amount of hours each week. Part Time and Casual roles are not offered a set amount of hours - some weeks they will have a 40 hour roster, and other weeks it will be 10 (or less) hours. It all depends on the demands of the business at the time.
Pros
40% Staff discount on full price product, Time & a half on Public Holidays, Some flexibility if you are a student (for exams), Awesome team environment - when there is a team to work with
Cons
Insufficient training provided, Little support from higher management, Most stores run by Key Holders, Short staff issues make it difficult to take time off, Poor bonus pay rate for Key Holders, Process for applying for leave is long, Leave not always guaranteed no matter how far in advance you apply
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Forever New?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Forever New. Our community is ready to answer.
Forever New Reviews by Location