Forever New Employee Review

Wouldn't work here again
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lambton Quay, Wellington16 May 2017
Forever New tends to reward the bad apples and ends up losing good staff. I'm one of 3 that have quit in the past month and there are 4 more on their way out in the next few weeks. As a store manager I walked into an overly dramatic and stressful environment and the business manager is in complete denial. After from being assaulted by a sales associate who received no punishment I decided to leave. In fact the sales associate was given paid time off when I had to work a 12hr shift. Ludicrous. The store is mentally draining, insanely short staff and management is subpar. I wouldn't work here for double the salary and the salary that you do receive is significantly lower than other places plus the quality of their products is overpriced and poorly manufactured. I dislike everything the stand for. Save yourself the trouble and go elsewhere.
Pros
they'll pay you to leave early to avoid legal issues
Cons
long hours, poor salary, bad management

Other Forever New Employee Reviews

Be Prepared.
Retail Sales Assistant and Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Auckland, New Zealand13 May 2019
A typical day at work involves:
- Cleaning: vacuuming, dusting, rubbish-run.
- Checking Promotions.
- Working closely with customers
- Grooming clothing rails...A LOT!!!

Management:
A lot of the issues that I had as an employee had very little to do with my actual team or my store manager, but EVERYTHING to do with the lack of support from head office/higher management. There wasn't a lot of importance placed on head office visits to smaller stores. This meant that the team weren't able to communicate certain issues with them, and the store was unable to progress properly.

The hardest part of the job was cleaning up after the customers. Working in retail is not for the faint hearted. If you cannot stand to pick up the same piece of clothing over and over again every 10 seconds, then this job is DEFINITELY not for you.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the team environment. So you are lucky if you join a team that you automatically click with - because you will spend a lot of time with them.

All in all, if you are looking for a position that offers a lot of hours - seek Full Time roles. This way, you are guaranteed a set amount of hours each week. Part Time and Casual roles are not offered a set amount of hours - some weeks they will have a 40 hour roster, and other weeks it will be 10 (or less) hours. It all depends on the demands of the business at the time.
Pros
40% Staff discount on full price product, Time & a half on Public Holidays, Some flexibility if you are a student (for exams), Awesome team environment - when there is a team to work with
Cons
Insufficient training provided, Little support from higher management, Most stores run by Key Holders, Short staff issues make it difficult to take time off, Poor bonus pay rate for Key Holders, Process for applying for leave is long, Leave not always guaranteed no matter how far in advance you apply
Just Don't
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland11 November 2018
Forever New is one of those brands that seems well put together from the outside but once you're in......

-Understaffed 24/7: Refusal to hire anymore due to lack of budget
-Long unruly hours for those with the time + a lot of pressure to cover shifts.
-Will accidentally underpay so always check pay slip every week
- Management is poor as well is next to no training
- If you're passionate about retail and want to move up, you won't.
- Expect you to find your own cover if you're sick and also must be told 24hrs in advance!!!

Overall Forever New was good in that it was my first job and I needed a job but it's not somewhere you want to stay long for.
Pros
Benefits (staff discount)
Cons
Too many things

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Forever New. Our community is ready to answer.