Fulton Hogan
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Fulton Hogan Employee Reviews

New Zealand68 reviews
Satisfying work with many enjoyable workmates and many learnings. Traffic Control enabled me to learn much about different people in different roles in a large multinational company, and in dealing with the public when inconvenience for them had to be minimized while safety and good relations were maintained and improved.
Upper management (Divisional Mangers) hard to deal with. Abusive, some didnt know what they where doing, narrow minded. Didn't follow there own golden rules. The general workers where a great bunch of guys
Cons
Couldn't talk to upper management, or they wouldnt listen
Loved my time at FH The development pathways were always available. The company has a people first policy which really improves the moral of the workers
Fulton Hogan has great work environment. Health and safety is the main priority for them and rightly so. Everybody is equally important at work site and they get full respect there.
Gotta say if your a contractor at this joint they treat and talk to you like something on the bottom of your shoe that been left by a dog. And when you say something they say they can get someone else to do the job if you don't like it. What a bunch of horrible p e.
Fulton Hogan treats labor hire staffers with little respect. Operations management release shift information about 16 hours before start time. If you are a labor hire staffer you can expect hours to diminish rapidly with inadequate explanation. Management consistently reduce hours from one week to the next. Management is a confederacy of dunces, a boomer boys club drunk on the authority regional management positions give. Do not expect honest professional courtesy at Fulton Hogan.
great company looking after staff and their welfare.some long hours but you are compensated.Out of town work is interesting,again you are compensated e well when you are away.
Pros
wages and conditions
Cons
some long hours
Overall they are a very good company to work for , but the culture is very different from region to region. And alot depends on the manager you work under.
Pros
Medical insurance
Cons
The culture changes from region to region
worked here for 2 and a half years, loved every minute. great company, awesome team work. The culture within our division of Hutt City Maintenance is outstanding.
Pros
Good Benifits within work and outside of work
Cons
Pay could be better
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Fulton Hogan?
I was an intern engineer here. They provided alot of great opportunities and allowed you to grow and push yourself as much as you wanted. They provided a supportive environment.
If you work hard and put in the effort, then you will be rewarded. Salaries are not the best but there are good benefits and a good company culture. Worked here 4 years and I would work here again in the future if given the opportunity.
The people at Fulton Hogan are awesome, including management. Their PPE gear is awesome, they know how to look after their team. Their Health and Safety is very strict, one of the best. I learnt from their most experience operators and you need good ears because they only say it once....lol
Pros
Good hours
Cons
More training
Great opportunities to learn and advance in your career safe, positive and encouraging environment to work in and work for plenty of variety in day to day work giving opportunities of leadership, project management and a variety of roles of in the civil engineering world (environmental, civil construction, surveying, asphalt and drainage)
Pros
career advancement, management roles, variety
Cons
lack of younger employees in the region
Fulton Hogan would be the best company I have ever worked for. The people there are considerate and caring when it concerns family. Their work ethic is spectacular. I have the utmost respect for this company. Anybody that decides to work for this company will be well taken care of.
Pros
Everything to medical health to helping a friend in need
Cons
Nil
Fulton Hogan really looks after their employee. Safety is ALWAYS number one. The main reason anyone got into big trouble was when they were doing something unsafe. Safety meetings once a month and they always leave the room open to suggestions on how things could be made safer in the workplace.
Pros
OT after 8 hours. Meal allowances after 10. Ongoing training.
Cons
Wages weren’t great in Wellington.
I've learned that working at Fulton Hogan was hard but also easy. I have had a lot of help the from stuff and it was good. I loved Fulton Hogan. I love the stuff members.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
I’m enjoying my time with Fulton hogan it’s a great place to work and skys the limit with your career here. I’ve been given a lot of trust from my manager to take the lead on jobs from start to finish and been completing jobs under budget and within the time frame.
Typical day of work to show up motivated and ready to work, learnt everything I needed to know about project management. Management can treat everyone like robots communicating through emails and other people. There was a blue blood initiative which really brings everyone together. The most enjoyable part of the job was being part of something big.
Pros
being part of a range of civil projects
Cons
Management communicate through emails and other people instead of foot and mouth
Great company and culture and type of work was an amazing experience and enjoyed every moment Napier group are hard working and humorous guys who make each day a good one
Pros
Great group of people
Cons
Lack of communication
A typical day was when we had to pour concrete every day, what I've learned is alot, precast concrete say it all from start too finish prep molds for concrete with reinforcing steel pre checks before pouring concrete. Then the next day strip mold and start all over again.
Hard working strong on safety with clients as well as staff members Faced paced strong communication with staff in the progress of the job. High standards of safety for public as well staff at all times on the job site as well as travel away from home.
Pros
envoriment outback work