Fulton Hogan Employee Reviews

fulton hogan
traffic management (Current Employee) –  Christchurch, Canterbury12 May 2019
great company looking after staff and their welfare.some long hours but you are compensated.Out of town work is interesting,again you are compensated e well when you are away.
Pros
wages and conditions
Cons
some long hours
I have worked for Fulton Hogan for 7 years
Spray Operator (Current Employee) –  Wellington City, Wellington16 April 2019
Overall they are a very good company to work for , but the culture is very different from region to region. And alot depends on the manager you work under.
Pros
Medical insurance
Cons
The culture changes from region to region
Fun Workplace
Leading Hand (Former Employee) –  Lower Hutt, Wellington, New Zealand30 January 2019
worked here for 2 and a half years, loved every minute. great company, awesome team work.
The culture within our division of Hutt City Maintenance is outstanding.
Pros
Good Benifits within work and outside of work
Cons
Pay could be better
Intern Engineer here
Student Engineer (Former Employee) –  Auckland10 January 2019
I was an intern engineer here. They provided alot of great opportunities and allowed you to grow and push yourself as much as you wanted. They provided a supportive environment.
A good company
Estimator (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland28 December 2018
If you work hard and put in the effort, then you will be rewarded. Salaries are not the best but there are good benefits and a good company culture. Worked here 4 years and I would work here again in the future if given the opportunity.
Awesome company
Operator (Former Employee) –  Penrose, Auckland21 December 2018
The people at Fulton Hogan are awesome, including management. Their PPE gear is awesome, they know how to look after their team. Their Health and Safety is very strict, one of the best. I learnt from their most experience operators and you need good ears because they only say it once....lol
Pros
Good hours
Cons
More training
Great family orientated company
Civil Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dunedin City, Otago30 October 2018
Great opportunities to learn and advance in your career
safe, positive and encouraging environment to work in and work for
plenty of variety in day to day work
giving opportunities of leadership, project management and a variety of roles of in the civil engineering world (environmental, civil construction, surveying, asphalt and drainage)
Pros
career advancement, management roles, variety
Cons
lack of younger employees in the region
Awesome company
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Whangarei, Northland22 October 2018
Fulton Hogan would be the best company I have ever worked for.
The people there are considerate and caring when it concerns family.
Their work ethic is spectacular. I have the utmost respect for this company.
Anybody that decides to work for this company will be well taken care of.
Pros
Everything to medical health to helping a friend in need
Cons
Nil
Great culture with ongoing training
Traffic Controller (Former Employee) –  Wellington City, Wellington29 July 2018
Fulton Hogan really looks after their employee. Safety is ALWAYS number one. The main reason anyone got into big trouble was when they were doing something unsafe. Safety meetings once a month and they always leave the room open to suggestions on how things could be made safer in the workplace.
Pros
OT after 8 hours. Meal allowances after 10. Ongoing training.
Cons
Wages weren’t great in Wellington.
Fulton Hogan
Stop & Go (Former Employee) –  North Shore City, Auckland20 May 2018
I've learned that working at Fulton Hogan was hard but also easy. I have had a lot of help the from stuff and it was good. I loved Fulton Hogan. I love the stuff members.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Fun and exciting place to work
Construction Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hawke’s bay new zealand20 May 2018
I’m enjoying my time with Fulton hogan it’s a great place to work and skys the limit with your career here. I’ve been given a lot of trust from my manager to take the lead on jobs from start to finish and been completing jobs under budget and within the time frame.
Good place to work at to upskill and get ahead in your career
Construction Engineer (Former Employee) –  NZ8 March 2018
Typical day of work to show up motivated and ready to work, learnt everything I needed to know about project management. Management can treat everyone like robots communicating through emails and other people. There was a blue blood initiative which really brings everyone together. The most enjoyable part of the job was being part of something big.
Pros
being part of a range of civil projects
Cons
Management communicate through emails and other people instead of foot and mouth
Loved working for this company
Labourer/Operator (Former Employee) –  Napier, Hawke's Bay9 February 2018
Great company and culture and type of work was an amazing experience and enjoyed every moment Napier group are hard working and humorous guys who make each day a good one
Pros
Great group of people
Cons
Lack of communication
Awesome work place great people to work with.
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Chch, Canterbury24 January 2018
A typical day was when we had to pour concrete every day, what I've learned is alot, precast concrete say it all from start too finish prep molds for concrete with reinforcing steel pre checks before pouring concrete. Then the next day strip mold and start all over again.
Productive high paced job
Traffic Controller (Former Employee) –  New Zealand7 January 2018
Hard working strong on safety with clients as well as staff members
Faced paced strong communication with staff in the progress of the job.

High standards of safety for public as well staff at all times on the job site as well as travel away from home.
Pros
envoriment outback work
Cons
Great environment and has alot of good people
Traffic Controller (Former Employee) –  8 Paul Matthews Rd, Rosedale, Auckland 063220 November 2017
Fulton Hogan was a great place to work i liked working there a lot and learning about my task from my work mates, everyone i have meet through Fulton Hogan was very friendly and well coming, but the person who signed me up to the job was very bad at being a supportive and organised boss.
Generally Average Civil Engineering Company.
Civil Engineering Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland7 November 2017
My experience with Fulton Hogan in the early 2000s might be colored by the company's performance and my particular department at the time so please bear that in mind.
Fulton Hogan (FH) is an NZ wide civil construction company with a quite solid reputation in the field. Not a huge player in Auckland, they nevertheless did much work in the infrastructure of the city and maintained a good standard of work.
The laboratory arm where I worked ( Testing and QA/QC focused ) was busy and a good workplace. Despite the industry tendency to consider this part of the operation rater an afterthought, the FH lab staff received respect and accolades when performance was well above requirements. However, during my period of work, the culture in the management of the laboratory was not conducive to promotion or retraining - if you showed a talent for a particular segment of the work, that work was all you did, and you were rarely if ever asked to retrain or advance into other capacities. Staffing was often cut to a minimum, especially when a night shift was required and therefore the fewer staff in day shift where expected to perform at a level of a larger team with less resources of time and manpower. However, night shift workers did enjoy a large weekly bonus for that work, and competition was fierce for such positions.
Workdays were a minimum of 8.5 hours for a five day week, and weekend work was quite infrequent ( Again, a bonus was paid for weekend work in the laboratory and the position on the roster was strongly contested ). The social and cultural atmosphere of the company was
  more... of a high standard which made up for much of the less pleasant aspects, notably the distance of management form the concerns of staff due to an external focus.  less
Pros
Good remuneration, bonus schemes, great social culture.
Cons
Very long hours, little opportunity for advancement, an external cleint-minded management.
Petroleum Plant Operator
Petroleum Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Auckland, New Zealand31 October 2017
Great place to work. Plenty of training opportunities, plenty of paid time off, and plenty of career opportunities and room for advancement. The work-life balance made the job worth it in the end.
Pros
At least 30 days of PTO from day one.
Cons
Lower management could use some work. Upper management was awesome.
Safety focused family orientated company who care about their staff.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Auckland NZ21 October 2017
Great company to work for. Hiring internally is an issue though, jobs may as well say "internal applicants need not apply" Otherwise a great company, great people, great place to work.
Productive and fun
Operator/Driver (Former Employee) –  Te Aroha, Waikato26 September 2017
One of my favorite jobs, started here with no civil experience and 3 years later had a high knowledge and experience of the industry plenty of opportunities for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fulton Hogan. Our community is ready to answer.