Fulton Hogan
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Fulton Hogan Employee Reviews in Auckland City, Auckland

Auckland City, Auckland14 reviews
If you work hard and put in the effort, then you will be rewarded. Salaries are not the best but there are good benefits and a good company culture. Worked here 4 years and I would work here again in the future if given the opportunity.
Fulton Hogan has great work environment. Health and safety is the main priority for them and rightly so. Everybody is equally important at work site and they get full respect there.
I was an intern engineer here. They provided alot of great opportunities and allowed you to grow and push yourself as much as you wanted. They provided a supportive environment.
My experience with Fulton Hogan in the early 2000s might be colored by the company's performance and my particular department at the time so please bear that in mind.
Fulton Hogan (FH) is an NZ wide civil construction company with a quite solid reputation in the field. Not a huge player in Auckland, they nevertheless did much work in the infrastructure of the city and maintained a good standard of work.

The laboratory arm where I worked ( Testing and QA/QC focused ) was busy and a good workplace. Despite the industry tendency to consider this part of the operation rater an afterthought, the FH lab staff received respect and accolades when performance was well above requirements. However, during my period of work, the culture in the management of the laboratory was not conducive to promotion or retraining - if you showed a talent for a particular segment of the work, that work was all you did, and you were rarely if ever asked to retrain or advance into other capacities. Staffing was often cut to a minimum, especially when a night shift was required and therefore the fewer staff in day shift where expected to perform at a level of a larger team with less resources of time and manpower. However, night shift workers did enjoy a large weekly bonus for that work, and competition was fierce for such positions.

Workdays were a minimum of 8.5 hours for a five day week, and weekend work was quite infrequent ( Again, a bonus was paid for weekend work in the laboratory and the position on the roster was strongly contested ). The social and cultural atmosphere of the company was
 - more...
Pros
Good remuneration, bonus schemes, great social culture.
Cons
Very long hours, little opportunity for advancement, an external cleint-minded management.
Great place to work. Plenty of training opportunities, plenty of paid time off, and plenty of career opportunities and room for advancement. The work-life balance made the job worth it in the end.
Pros
At least 30 days of PTO from day one.
Cons
Lower management could use some work. Upper management was awesome.
Great company to work for. Hiring internally is an issue though, jobs may as well say "internal applicants need not apply" Otherwise a great company, great people, great place to work.
it is a fun place to work there is no micro management and the just leave you to get on with your job as long as you get it done in a timely manner there are good people working there
Pros
great place to work
Cons
i can not think of any
Typical day of work varied from dig outs, to potholes, road maintenance. I learned quite a lot working with Fulton Hogan to do with the road environment. The management do their best to make sure that all daily jobs are completed in a proper time frame. The workplace culture at Fulton Hogan is family orientated and safety orientated as well to make sure that we are healthy and able to work well. There are various aspects of the job that are difficult due to unforeseen circumstances and weather etc. The most enjoyable part of working for Fulton Hogan was my work colleagues and the the work friendly environment at the work place.
I would love to work there again, just because of how well structured the job is and how there is a strong team enviroment so your not alone. I love it how its a zero tollerance to harm and health and safety is key making sure every workmate goes home to family. Cheers guy keep up the good work
Pros
Meeting diffrent people at work
Cons
Mean long hours
set up road cones.sweep gravill and work on stop go singes.recored last four numbers of license plate of frist and last car to go threw stop points.must have good listning skills and need to be observent.
Pros
out doors.easy to folow work ethics.
Cons
can get quite hot on sunny days.
I've really enjoy it there nothing was wrong was a really great place to work at . i learnt alot of things being there as well gain things to.
Cons
Everyday you meet a lot of people on the site and everyone is really friendly and helpful in your tasks.
It's a really good work place for person who doesn't want to sit at one place the whole day.

Hardest part is the weather conditions.

Most enjoyable part is friendly nature of people and to work with them.
Early starts, out on site, wait for Engineers, City Council to approve the road is ready to be sealed. Prep the enclosure. And then wait.

Team work is always in place as Safety is priority. Dealing with the public is constantly a mission And going home to my family is the best part of my day.
Pros
Monthly BBQ
Cons
AS a practical engineer, this allowed me to develop solutions to complete each stage of the project. My close relationship with the ground crew helped to maximise productivity and quality. This has a flow on effect ensuring the project schedule is advanced.
Pros
Positive work environment
Cons
The public