Fulton Hogan
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Fulton Hogan Employee Reviews in Christchurch, Canterbury

Christchurch, Canterbury7 reviews
Loved my job, being an only female on the crew was pretty cool meeting new sub contracters on site and learning what their part was to help to finish of the job
Pros
Meeting people, learning new skills
Cons
A lot of waiting around
great company looking after staff and their welfare.some long hours but you are compensated.Out of town work is interesting,again you are compensated e well when you are away.
Pros
wages and conditions
Cons
some long hours
A typical day was when we had to pour concrete every day, what I've learned is alot, precast concrete say it all from start too finish prep molds for concrete with reinforcing steel pre checks before pouring concrete. Then the next day strip mold and start all over again.
They were a good place to work and good people to work with. you always worked in differentplaces doing asphalt so you did not get sick of the job and you had a good mix of hours so you could earn so good money and have a bit of time to your self
Pros
time and a half when you did more then 8 hours a day
Cons
the communicate very well
- Every morning you'd have to be highly motivated.
- You learn how new things every now and then

- managing to finishing a task you set can be difficult sometimes when you have unexpected barrier in the road

- working alongside a bunch of good co-workers is always the best.

- The hardest part of the job, I'd say is trying to complete a set goal.

- But the most enjoyable part of the job, I'd say is heads down work completing a job in the time given.
Pros
When our project manager shouts lunch
Cons
It's been good working for Fulton Hogan, they make you feel part of the FH family and invest in you with lots of training and the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects.
Pros
People, work ethics
Cons
Salary
The day would start at 6.30 and I would have particular sandwiches, rolls and sweet buns to make up, general food assistance.
I learnt a lot about speed and accuracy in my job, and the Management was lovely and very supportive. My Co-workers fantastic and helpful, the hardest part was trying not to eat the tasty food, and the most enjoyable was seeing people resting and relaxing in the cafe and the organised way of doing things there was well structured.
Pros
Free meal on break
Cons
The job was only Casual