Fulton Hogan
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Fulton Hogan Culture reviews

Clear
3.7Work–Life Balance

I have worked for Fulton Hogan for 7 years

Overall they are a very good company to work for , but the culture is very different from region to region. And alot depends on the manager you work under.

Pros

Medical insurance

Cons

The culture changes from region to region

Relaxed and Friendly

Fulton Hogan has great work environment. Health and safety is the main priority for them and rightly so. Everybody is equally important at work site and they get full respect there.

Fun Workplace

worked here for 2 and a half years, loved every minute. great company, awesome team work. The culture within our division of Hutt City Maintenance is outstanding.

Pros

Good Benifits within work and outside of work

Cons

Pay could be better

A good company

If you work hard and put in the effort, then you will be rewarded. Salaries are not the best but there are good benefits and a good company culture. Worked here 4 years and I would work here again in the future if given the opportunity.

Good place to work at to upskill and get ahead in your career

Typical day of work to show up motivated and ready to work, learnt everything I needed to know about project management. Management can treat everyone like robots communicating through emails and other people. There was a blue blood initiative which really brings everyone together. The most enjoyable part of the job was being part of something big.

Pros

being part of a range of civil projects

Cons

Management communicate through emails and other people instead of foot and mouth

Loved working for this company

Great company and culture and type of work was an amazing experience and enjoyed every moment Napier group are hard working and humorous guys who make each day a good one

Pros

Great group of people

Cons

Lack of communication

Productive high paced job

Hard working strong on safety with clients as well as staff members Faced paced strong communication with staff in the progress of the job. High standards of safety for public as well staff at all times on the job site as well as travel away from home.

Pros

envoriment outback work

Cons

Great environment and has alot of good people

Fulton Hogan was a great place to work i liked working there a lot and learning about my task from my work mates, everyone i have meet through Fulton Hogan was very friendly and well coming, but the person who signed me up to the job was very bad at being a supportive and organised boss.

Generally Average Civil Engineering Company.

My experience with Fulton Hogan in the early 2000s might be colored by the company's performance and my particular department at the time so please bear that in mind. Fulton Hogan (FH) is an NZ wide civil construction company with a quite solid reputation in the field. Not a huge player in Auckland, they nevertheless did much work in the infrastructure of the city and maintained a good standard of work. The laboratory arm where I worked ( Testing and QA/QC focused ) was busy and a good workplace. Despite the industry tendency to consider this part of the operation rater an afterthought, the FH lab staff received respect and accolades when performance was well above requirements. However, during my period of work, the culture in the management of the laboratory was not conducive to promotion or retraining - if you showed a talent for a particular segment of the work, that work was all you did, and you were rarely if ever asked to retrain or advance into other capacities. Staffing was often cut to a minimum, especially when a night shift was required and therefore the fewer staff in day shift where expected to perform at a level of a larger team with less resources of time and manpower. However, night shift workers did enjoy a large weekly bonus for that work, and competition was fierce for such positions. Workdays were a minimum of 8.5 hours for a five day week, and weekend work was quite infrequent ( Again, a bonus was paid for weekend work in the laboratory and the position on the roster was strongly contested ). The social and cultural atmosphere of the company was -

Pros

Good remuneration, bonus schemes, great social culture.

Cons

Very long hours, little opportunity for advancement, an external cleint-minded management.

feild service mechanic

it is a fun place to work there is no micro management and the just leave you to get on with your job as long as you get it done in a timely manner there are good people working there

Pros

great place to work

Cons

i can not think of any

Jobs at Fulton Hogan

See more jobs

Family Orientated, caring.

Typical day of work varied from dig outs, to potholes, road maintenance. I learned quite a lot working with Fulton Hogan to do with the road environment. The management do their best to make sure that all daily jobs are completed in a proper time frame. The workplace culture at Fulton Hogan is family orientated and safety orientated as well to make sure that we are healthy and able to work well. There are various aspects of the job that are difficult due to unforeseen circumstances and weather etc. The most enjoyable part of working for Fulton Hogan was my work colleagues and the the work friendly environment at the work place.

Mean family based company

I would love to work there again, just because of how well structured the job is and how there is a strong team enviroment so your not alone. I love it how its a zero tollerance to harm and health and safety is key making sure every workmate goes home to family. Cheers guy keep up the good work

Pros

Meeting diffrent people at work

Cons

Mean long hours

Great inclusive company

Fantastic company to work for with strong managers and a good workplace culture. Spent days managing the site operations and was given a long tether to work but had good support when required.

Productive and knowledgeable place

Everyday you meet a lot of people on the site and everyone is really friendly and helpful in your tasks. It's a really good work place for person who doesn't want to sit at one place the whole day. Hardest part is the weather conditions. Most enjoyable part is friendly nature of people and to work with them.

Fun work

- Every morning you'd have to be highly motivated. - You learn how new things every now and then - managing to finishing a task you set can be difficult sometimes when you have unexpected barrier in the road - working alongside a bunch of good co-workers is always the best. - The hardest part of the job, I'd say is trying to complete a set goal. - But the most enjoyable part of the job, I'd say is heads down work completing a job in the time given.

Pros

When our project manager shouts lunch

amazing work place

i loved working with fulton hogan it was great enviroment great team mates and a fantastic boss (mike gibney of nelson) i had amazing support and they under stood that i have children, all my needs were meet to high standards and the crew members were so amazing always happy,positive and supportive.. got sent on jobs with ashphalt and sealing crews and they were amazing to work with.. loved travelling with them to different places each day for work and even went away for a week and they supplied accomodation foood a overnight allowances each night we were all away. i dont have a bad word about fulton hogan i love the company and the values they support

Pros

free snacks on trainning coarses

Cons

i didnt have any

It is a great place for the interim, and to help them out while they needed another staff member

The day would start at 6.30 and I would have particular sandwiches, rolls and sweet buns to make up, general food assistance. I learnt a lot about speed and accuracy in my job, and the Management was lovely and very supportive. My Co-workers fantastic and helpful, the hardest part was trying not to eat the tasty food, and the most enjoyable was seeing people resting and relaxing in the cafe and the organised way of doing things there was well structured.

Pros

Free meal on break

Cons

The job was only Casual

Fulton hogan

I really enjoyed working for this company, The people are great to be among, general workers right through to the BIG bosses. Overall Satisfaction 8/10

Pros

Free breakfast, lunch, dinner, christmas parties, transport, team building exercises, work functions such a corporate warriors box games etc.

Cons

Long hours, Must be dedicated & have very good communication.

great workplace

i would work with these people again and again.have worked in this inviroment before.and would work in it again. \all co-workers are equal,not one on one.

productive people

setting up singns and cones for road layout.learnt to set up sites,management were always there,exellant co-workers,hardest part of job standing for 12 hour days enjoyable part of job was working as a team

Pros

drinks every fridays

productive and interesting

I learned a lot about water reticulation. My co-workers were great to work with, I learned a lot

Pros

very good place to work

Cons

Temp work, Not permnent

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fulton Hogan. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Fulton Hogan