Fulton Hogan
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Fulton Hogan Job Security & Advancement reviews

Clear
3.7Work–Life Balance
3.3Job Security & Advancement

A good company

If you work hard and put in the effort, then you will be rewarded. Salaries are not the best but there are good benefits and a good company culture. Worked here 4 years and I would work here again in the future if given the opportunity.

Intern Engineer here

I was an intern engineer here. They provided alot of great opportunities and allowed you to grow and push yourself as much as you wanted. They provided a supportive environment.

Great family orientated company

Great opportunities to learn and advance in your career safe, positive and encouraging environment to work in and work for plenty of variety in day to day work giving opportunities of leadership, project management and a variety of roles of in the civil engineering world (environmental, civil construction, surveying, asphalt and drainage)

Pros

career advancement, management roles, variety

Cons

lack of younger employees in the region

Fun and exciting place to work

I’m enjoying my time with Fulton hogan it’s a great place to work and skys the limit with your career here. I’ve been given a lot of trust from my manager to take the lead on jobs from start to finish and been completing jobs under budget and within the time frame.

Generally Average Civil Engineering Company.

My experience with Fulton Hogan in the early 2000s might be colored by the company's performance and my particular department at the time so please bear that in mind. Fulton Hogan (FH) is an NZ wide civil construction company with a quite solid reputation in the field. Not a huge player in Auckland, they nevertheless did much work in the infrastructure of the city and maintained a good standard of work. The laboratory arm where I worked ( Testing and QA/QC focused ) was busy and a good workplace. Despite the industry tendency to consider this part of the operation rater an afterthought, the FH lab staff received respect and accolades when performance was well above requirements. However, during my period of work, the culture in the management of the laboratory was not conducive to promotion or retraining - if you showed a talent for a particular segment of the work, that work was all you did, and you were rarely if ever asked to retrain or advance into other capacities. Staffing was often cut to a minimum, especially when a night shift was required and therefore the fewer staff in day shift where expected to perform at a level of a larger team with less resources of time and manpower. However, night shift workers did enjoy a large weekly bonus for that work, and competition was fierce for such positions. Workdays were a minimum of 8.5 hours for a five day week, and weekend work was quite infrequent ( Again, a bonus was paid for weekend work in the laboratory and the position on the roster was strongly contested ). The social and cultural atmosphere of the company was -

Pros

Good remuneration, bonus schemes, great social culture.

Cons

Very long hours, little opportunity for advancement, an external cleint-minded management.

Petroleum Plant Operator

Great place to work. Plenty of training opportunities, plenty of paid time off, and plenty of career opportunities and room for advancement. The work-life balance made the job worth it in the end.

Pros

At least 30 days of PTO from day one.

Cons

Lower management could use some work. Upper management was awesome.

Safety focused family orientated company who care about their staff.

Great company to work for. Hiring internally is an issue though, jobs may as well say "internal applicants need not apply" Otherwise a great company, great people, great place to work.

Productive and fun

One of my favorite jobs, started here with no civil experience and 3 years later had a high knowledge and experience of the industry plenty of opportunities for advancement

Worst Company in History

Whitford Quarry, has to be a stand alone division. This department is run by an egotistical,narcissistic regional manager whom if you disagree with, your (so called) career will not only stagnate but when you have finally had enough and leave you will get the worst revue imaginable. This guy is that good that he has lost ALL his staff within 2 years. If your ever needed the ultimate mental challenge, then apply for a job there (helps if you don't speak English) and when they give you the yearly appraisal just get him to fill it out as there worthless.. As for there OFI reports (Joke) !!. Good part; The workers Bad part; The lying about incidents and material testing.

Pros

Long term.

Cons

Being asked to lie, (material testing) (incidents)

ok

It was work, but a better opportunity arose for me to relocate to perth so I took it. Fulton Hogan is a great company unfortunately NZ's economy is not

Pros

income

Cons

workhard and long hours for an average wage

Jobs at Fulton Hogan

See more jobs

Good, experienced people

It's been good working for Fulton Hogan, they make you feel part of the FH family and invest in you with lots of training and the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects.

Pros

People, work ethics

Cons

Salary

productive and interesting

I learned a lot about water reticulation. My co-workers were great to work with, I learned a lot

Pros

very good place to work

Cons

Temp work, Not permnent

Not a good place to work

I just left this company after working there for the last 10 years. I wouldn't recommend this company to anybody.Nobody in management seems to no what they doing wages very low.No training keeped asking to learn new things never happened.Time to move on

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fulton Hogan. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Fulton Hogan