Fulton Hogan
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Fulton Hogan Work–Life Balance reviews

Clear
3.7Work–Life Balance
3.5Pay & Benefits

A good company

If you work hard and put in the effort, then you will be rewarded. Salaries are not the best but there are good benefits and a good company culture. Worked here 4 years and I would work here again in the future if given the opportunity.

Really good company to work for.

Loved my time at FH The development pathways were always available. The company has a people first policy which really improves the moral of the workers

fulton hogan

great company looking after staff and their welfare.some long hours but you are compensated.Out of town work is interesting,again you are compensated e well when you are away.

Pros

wages and conditions

Cons

some long hours

Intern Engineer here

I was an intern engineer here. They provided alot of great opportunities and allowed you to grow and push yourself as much as you wanted. They provided a supportive environment.

Awesome company

Fulton Hogan would be the best company I have ever worked for. The people there are considerate and caring when it concerns family. Their work ethic is spectacular. I have the utmost respect for this company. Anybody that decides to work for this company will be well taken care of.

Pros

Everything to medical health to helping a friend in need

Cons

Nil

Fulton Hogan

I've learned that working at Fulton Hogan was hard but also easy. I have had a lot of help the from stuff and it was good. I loved Fulton Hogan. I love the stuff members.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Loved working for this company

Great company and culture and type of work was an amazing experience and enjoyed every moment Napier group are hard working and humorous guys who make each day a good one

Pros

Great group of people

Cons

Lack of communication

Productive high paced job

Hard working strong on safety with clients as well as staff members Faced paced strong communication with staff in the progress of the job. High standards of safety for public as well staff at all times on the job site as well as travel away from home.

Pros

envoriment outback work

Cons

Generally Average Civil Engineering Company.

My experience with Fulton Hogan in the early 2000s might be colored by the company's performance and my particular department at the time so please bear that in mind. Fulton Hogan (FH) is an NZ wide civil construction company with a quite solid reputation in the field. Not a huge player in Auckland, they nevertheless did much work in the infrastructure of the city and maintained a good standard of work. The laboratory arm where I worked ( Testing and QA/QC focused ) was busy and a good workplace. Despite the industry tendency to consider this part of the operation rater an afterthought, the FH lab staff received respect and accolades when performance was well above requirements. However, during my period of work, the culture in the management of the laboratory was not conducive to promotion or retraining - if you showed a talent for a particular segment of the work, that work was all you did, and you were rarely if ever asked to retrain or advance into other capacities. Staffing was often cut to a minimum, especially when a night shift was required and therefore the fewer staff in day shift where expected to perform at a level of a larger team with less resources of time and manpower. However, night shift workers did enjoy a large weekly bonus for that work, and competition was fierce for such positions. Workdays were a minimum of 8.5 hours for a five day week, and weekend work was quite infrequent ( Again, a bonus was paid for weekend work in the laboratory and the position on the roster was strongly contested ). The social and cultural atmosphere of the company was -

Pros

Good remuneration, bonus schemes, great social culture.

Cons

Very long hours, little opportunity for advancement, an external cleint-minded management.

Petroleum Plant Operator

Great place to work. Plenty of training opportunities, plenty of paid time off, and plenty of career opportunities and room for advancement. The work-life balance made the job worth it in the end.

Pros

At least 30 days of PTO from day one.

Cons

Lower management could use some work. Upper management was awesome.

Jobs at Fulton Hogan

See more jobs

Mean family based company

I would love to work there again, just because of how well structured the job is and how there is a strong team enviroment so your not alone. I love it how its a zero tollerance to harm and health and safety is key making sure every workmate goes home to family. Cheers guy keep up the good work

Pros

Meeting diffrent people at work

Cons

Mean long hours

enjoy working there

I've really enjoy it there nothing was wrong was a really great place to work at . i learnt alot of things being there as well gain things to.

good people

while working at Fulton Hogan I found the people there were good to work with easy to get along with 99% of the management were good but like most work places there is always the ones who aren't so nice to deal with. if your looking for a good work place give FH a go

Pros

good peope to work with

Cons

some times the hours can be a killeron the home life

Management were Brilliant

Early starts, out on site, wait for Engineers, City Council to approve the road is ready to be sealed. Prep the enclosure. And then wait. Team work is always in place as Safety is priority. Dealing with the public is constantly a mission And going home to my family is the best part of my day.

Pros

Monthly BBQ

ok

It was work, but a better opportunity arose for me to relocate to perth so I took it. Fulton Hogan is a great company unfortunately NZ's economy is not

Pros

income

Cons

workhard and long hours for an average wage

Fun work

- Every morning you'd have to be highly motivated. - You learn how new things every now and then - managing to finishing a task you set can be difficult sometimes when you have unexpected barrier in the road - working alongside a bunch of good co-workers is always the best. - The hardest part of the job, I'd say is trying to complete a set goal. - But the most enjoyable part of the job, I'd say is heads down work completing a job in the time given.

Pros

When our project manager shouts lunch

Good, experienced people

It's been good working for Fulton Hogan, they make you feel part of the FH family and invest in you with lots of training and the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects.

Pros

People, work ethics

Cons

Salary

Fulton hogan

I really enjoyed working for this company, The people are great to be among, general workers right through to the BIG bosses. Overall Satisfaction 8/10

Pros

Free breakfast, lunch, dinner, christmas parties, transport, team building exercises, work functions such a corporate warriors box games etc.

Cons

Long hours, Must be dedicated & have very good communication.

Great place to work.

Working at Fulton Hogan has definitely changed the way I look at MTC's and just TC's in general. Great place to work and great people to work with.

Pros

Lunch breaks, great hours, good people, plenty work.

Cons

Long hours and weather conditions.

Dynamic company

Meetings every morning with department managers Help with problem solving Do training in all departments Team work in this company was something special Worked long hours

great place to work

great company to work for if ihad not mucked up id still be there now

Pros

start and end of day

Cons

great hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fulton Hogan. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Fulton Hogan