Fulton Hogan
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Fulton Hogan Employee Reviews

New Zealand67 reviews
A real learning experience
Satisfying work with many enjoyable workmates and many learnings.

Traffic Control enabled me to learn much about different people in different roles in a large multinational company, and in dealing with the public when inconvenience for them had to be minimized while safety and good relations were maintained and improved.
Awesome ground crew
Can be good Company to work for, but old gear tho in Wellington . Can be sum long days. The ground crews are good to work with.
Pros
Good ground crews
Cons
Management not the best, company very top heavy
If you're injured look for another job!
I worked for Fulton Hogan for approximately 3 years as a apprentice carpenter in the Civil Building Division located in Southland. At first the job was really great and I made a lot of really close friends. Things changed when I was injured on site which resulted in a severe back injury which required surgery. The management tried to cover up my injury stating that it did not happen at work. When I thought things couldn't get worse a FH manager took on himself visiting me uninvited at my house and accusing me of lying about my injury. After my back surgery I found out that the Regional Manager attempted to use character assassination which isolated me from my work friends. FH management didn't take the time to support me and my family when I was injured instead they just attacked my credibility as a person. I would not recommend working for the Southland Branch. I have talked to many senior management at FH which stated that the Southland branch is is known as the wild wild West with making up their own rules. My advice is not to be injured on the job if you are do not get FH to manage your ACC entitlements. Instead just say you injured yourself at home and have ACC manage your Injury.
Pros
Good workmates
Cons
Bad management practices
amazing work place
i loved working with fulton hogan it was great enviroment great team mates and a fantastic boss (mike gibney of nelson) i had amazing support and they under stood that i have children, all my needs were meet to high standards and the crew members were so amazing always happy,positive and supportive.. got sent on jobs with ashphalt and sealing crews and they were amazing to work with.. loved travelling with them to different places each day for work and even went away for a week and they supplied accomodation foood a overnight allowances each night we were all away. i dont have a bad word about fulton hogan i love the company and the values they support
Pros
free snacks on trainning coarses
Cons
i didnt have any
It is a great place for the interim, and to help them out while they needed another staff member
The day would start at 6.30 and I would have particular sandwiches, rolls and sweet buns to make up, general food assistance.
I learnt a lot about speed and accuracy in my job, and the Management was lovely and very supportive. My Co-workers fantastic and helpful, the hardest part was trying not to eat the tasty food, and the most enjoyable was seeing people resting and relaxing in the cafe and the organised way of doing things there was well structured.
Pros
Free meal on break
Cons
The job was only Casual
Fulton hogan
I really enjoyed working for this company, The people are great to be among, general workers right through to the BIG bosses.
Overall Satisfaction 8/10
Pros
Free breakfast, lunch, dinner, christmas parties, transport, team building exercises, work functions such a corporate warriors box games etc.
Cons
Long hours, Must be dedicated & have very good communication.
great workplace
i would work with these people again and again.have worked in this inviroment before.and would work in it again.
\all co-workers are equal,not one on one.
Good group of people, positive atmosphere
AS a practical engineer, this allowed me to develop solutions to complete each stage of the project. My close relationship with the ground crew helped to maximise productivity and quality. This has a flow on effect ensuring the project schedule is advanced.
Pros
Positive work environment
Cons
The public
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Fulton Hogan?
Great place to work.
Working at Fulton Hogan has definitely changed the way I look at MTC's and just TC's in general. Great place to work and great people to work with.
Pros
Lunch breaks, great hours, good people, plenty work.
Cons
Long hours and weather conditions.
Dynamic company
Meetings every morning with department managers
Help with problem solving

Do training in all departments

Team work in this company was something special

Worked long hours
Honest/ Hard working
I believe in Health and Safety, Im a team player very honest
I get on well with co workers and clients and the public. Been working for Fulton Hogan nearly 4years most off this was 6 days aweek. Great company to work for and with.
form work
building a new roads
reinforcing,boxing,concreting and fixing hand rails
Cons
long hrs, with plenty over times
Average place to work
We had a good verity of work what made it hard was a lack of skill of some managers trying to tell a skilled worker what to do a job
great place to work
great company to work for if ihad not mucked up id still be there now
Pros
start and end of day
Cons
great hours
good company good people to work with
if I ever got a chance to work with fulton Hogan again I would..day starts at 7-3.30..learnt a lot about road surfacing,drainage,road maintenance,chip sealing,emulsion
productive and fun place
long hours, good management and work mates, a lot of travelling
Temporary,Casual staff
General labourer,Traffic Control ,compacter,I was asign from Success Personale Lltd Employment Consultant
Pros
Supply my own lunch
productive people
setting up singns and cones for road layout.learnt to set up sites,management were always there,exellant co-workers,hardest part of job standing for 12 hour days enjoyable part of job was working as a team
Pros
drinks every fridays
Cons
Friendly team atmosphere. Good work flow through.
I enjoyed working at Fulton Hogan, I acquired lots of skills in the process. The supervisory staff were always happy to teach and explain to ensure everyone performed to their optimum ability. Work was fast paced and efficiently managed.
Pros
Learning new skills
Cons
Communication flow sometimes halted between management and front line staff.
outdoor and learnt alot
I enjoyed it was the only girl but all the boys made me feel comfortable, I learnt alot in my time being there.
Somewhat outdated procedures but a friendly and supportive environment
Accepting I have little knowledge of an Engineering Stores, I find the processes in place to service such a large manufacturing, maintenance and repair operation both confusing and time consuming.
Pros
Good on-site training
Cons
Manual issue recording system and long hours