Gallagher
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Gallagher Management reviews

The overall expectation is high on your work load where your output is focused more than your input. Its hard to grow within the company and management expects alot with little resources.
Pros
Decent benefits - nice office building
Cons
Overworked - bonuses /raises are rare - no growth
Management is HORRIBLE! They don’t promote within the company, hire people from outside and these people have no experience! If you’re lucky to be on a great team, that definitely makes it easier to deal with this company. They don’t give raises at all and if they do, it’s pennies (LITERALLY) every few years! Oh but they’ll be really quick to throw their annual profits (Billions, btw) in your face! SMH Employee turnover is ridiculous and that speaks volume!
Pros
Employee relationships (if you’re on a good team)
Cons
Management, Low pay, no raises/promotions
Don’t work here! This job was so stressful management doesn’t help you. The “experts” are so rude. Upper management has no idea what they’re doing. Totally unprofessional. It’s clearly no longer “The Gallagher Way” starting since 2020
Cons
No support from upper management. Just talking down if job doesn't get done on their time. Not enough hours in the day so have to work off the clock. Does not pay out promised commission.
Pros
Working with customers
Cons
No upper management support
One of the fastest growing organization and I will definately refer anybody to be a part of it as the overall environment and management is just best among KPO sector.There are many things to learn in Gallagher than any other company.
You are overwhelmed, under paid, and the amount of stress is ridiculous. It’s your license but the clients dictate everything on a claim. Supervisors can’t supervise even if they wanted to because they are over worked! This company is a joke.
Pros
Work from home
If they want you out then your out, there just make an excuse to get rid of you, good pay and very relaxed about certain things but if your face doesn't fit then again your out
There is no training and the workload is absolutely not manageable!!!! Management doesnt care.Horrible place to work!!!! stay away!!!!the most enjoyable part of the job is when the day is over. The stress of this job is not worth it!!!
Pros
decent pay
Cons
horrible management
I liked working for Gallagher and was pushed to do more and more as staff reductions took place. The leadership was good and had an open door policy. The culture was fun even though staff work lots of hours to get everything done.
Pros
Culture and leadership. Open Communication with managers
Cons
Change is mandated by corporate
A lot of flexibility with employees but, very poor management. Colleagues are not very helpful and also you have to learn everything on your own. Very little training is provided. Pay is different across board. Benefits are terrible and you do not get raises every year. Would not recommend!
Pros
Free lunches, flexibility
Cons
No training. Poor benefits and no raises
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Gallagher?
The culture is antiquated and not opened to accepting diversity. Several employees of color left because they felt alienated or felt forced out. The organization says they are committed to diversity but they do not reflect it in their hiring of leaders or overall actions. They say they are now more committed to it. I hope it isn’t lip service. The company has good attributes but they need to be honest about their poor practices on diversity.
Pros
Great corporate office. Good benefits
Cons
Diversity
Not the best place to work. If you have health issues they do not except doctors note so I would not recommend applying. Management is really not the best. Management consist of under qualified people with no communication skills.
Pros
Coworkers, benefits
Cons
Management, rude staff, does not accept doctors notes
I do not recommend working for this company. At the time, alot of butt kissing and know it alls. There are other claims administrators that are far superior.
Pros
Just a job... definitely not a career.
Cons
That branch was a joke when I was there.
Challenging opportunities, and wonderful coworkers. However, there is a culture with much distrust of management. Revenue is definitely more important than integrity.
Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Gallagher is awful no structure.Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Gallagher are minimalJob security and advancementIn terms of job security at Gallagher, I think is one of those places where if they like you does not matter what kind of job you do...but you can be the best and if they don't like you will be treated poorly...ManagementIn general, managers at Gallagher no sense of caring at all. They will put you down without hesitation.CultureCollaboration with my colleagues at Gallagher is we all felt the same, moral was on the floor...OverallMy experience working at Gallagher i will never work for them or recommend anyone. They need to get real professionals on board in order to be a great company.
Be very careful and warned in your choice to work here. You are treated as a number, very profit driven versus caring about customer service/experience. Not a great team culture or management of its people - you are just a number, all about targets and if you don’t meet target “your are not doing your job well”, performance managed and you are called out, demoralised in front of your peers and management says this is their culture of ‘being honest and transparent’ with their people. They talk about team culture, career progression and pretty much a big game on rewarding their people but this is just a delusion of management and anything they do is superficial to tick a box. Their is no direction or culture of trust, building loyalty or team work. Be very careful of the managers as they will tell you one thing and do another. There is no job security or advancement here not worth your time. FYI - They are quick to terminate staff who don’t perform, fit in or speak up. In my 6 months there the workforce and turnover .... Be warned!
Pros
Customers
Cons
Lack of Culture, flexibility and care for its people
I could go into great detail about the level of depression and anxiety I felt throughout my tenure, but suffice to say, I disliked my time at Gallagher. Management was incredibly detached and not supportive, and completely oblivious to the level of work and time needed. After piling on more and more, they would not care about your skills or abilities (unless you were in sales). I wanted to stay as far away from the negativity and removed attitude of the workplace itself - I hated going into the office. I never knew if what I was doing was right or wrong, and only had one performance review a full six months late. The expectations put on me were unclear, and during my time there I felt like I was grasping at straws to make dozens of people happy at once.Once again, this type of thing can lead to an incredible level of dissatisfaction and emotional stress. And that’s what happened to me. Insurance is a tough business, but nobody should have to wonder about whether or not they are even capable of going into work another day to handle the stress.
Pros
Good perks and benefits
Cons
Poor management, unclear duties, completely detached goals and no help offered
A great place to work within a very friendly/supportive atmosphere. As the business is continually growing there are always new opportunities to progress and the company happily funds further professional training etc. Whilst it is a busy environment to work within, management are approachable for help and job comes with the rewards you would expect.
Pros
Friendly supportive culture
Inadequate training, dysfunctional work environment, lack of processes, bad business practices, poor leadership, outdated tech, management not people or customer focused,/tech issues = poor customer experience and increased pressure on staff, potential candidates are mislead during interview process.
Pros
Cons
Stress
Loved my direct supervisors, however, branch and regional managers were all about looking good. Through several changes while I worked there they threatened termination of our audits were not perfect. No motivation, no direction! Worst manager I ever worked for!
Pros
Cons
Manager berated employees in meetings, very uncomfortable work environment!
Management is awful, they share personal business of employees and Human Resources doesn’t do anything about the managers bad behavior. Don’t trust anyone
Cons
No raise in 7 years