Geneva Healthcare
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Geneva Healthcare Employee Reviews

New Zealand59 reviews
Working at Geneva has been a real success for me. I started in an entry level position and have progressed into a number of other roles.

The best part about this workplace has been the people! Despite the substantial growth Geneva has been through in the past five or so years, there is still a real sense of family in the office. It is a very supportive place and fun place to work.

It can be fast-paced and stressful but there is a really collaborative approach, and it feels great to know you're making a real difference to the lives of those most vulnerable in our communities.
Pros
Great Culture and ethnically diverse
Cons
At times heavy workload
helping elderly or sick client with things they cannot do for themselfs ie showering helping dress maybe meal prep setting them up for the day making sure they are safe no matts to trip over opening curtains safe checking doors are locked or unlocked during the day .make sure everything is within there reach making sure they are warm enough or cool enough in summer ,always knocked before going into there homes ,be happy and possitive always towards clients always look out for any brucing or skin tears make sure client is keeping up fluids and has food .i have learnt that alot of clients are extremly lonely and some of them onely see us staff and do look forward to seeing us .i have found management fantastic if a client takes abit longer due to a fall etc i always rang into office as so they could let my next client know i was running abit behind this is very important as nothing worse than getting to a client late to find them upset and angry but if they have been rung and told by office this helps the situation time management is extremly important .i have never had a problem with culture of any kind . the hardest part of the job would be not getting to attached and not buying into to much of what they say normaly talking about family issues never get involved but if reason for concern ring coordinater .the most injoyable part of when i was working for your company was the glow in clients faces how much the help i was providing was appreciated by them
Pros
hours to suite that fited in with my days
Cons
just sometimes if client was a two person the second person running late
Working in Geneva Healthcare is great as they provide proper work for you. You will have your own time to manage your working hours especially when you are a student. However, you need a private vehicle if you will be doing a support worker role as you will be traveling from one house to another.

Also, they will provide you good working hours and you have the ability to say no to the job if it doesn't suit your time.
Pros
you can choose your time of work and what kind of work
Cons
mode of tranportation
I enjo0yed working there as there were a lot of nice people. Some customers were rude and demanding so it's important to be resilient and to be able to stay positive. Management are supportive.
Pros
good central location
Cons
Some rude customers
Poor management. Promises are not followed through. Although it is a company to provide healthcare services, it appears as though the company cares more about the corporate greed rather than caring toward their clients.

The good:

The client and their families are wonderful people and make you feel like a part of their family.

The challenges:

Dealing with management. Miscommunication across different departments so if there is an issue regarding pay, leave etc then you have to relay your story to multiple people.
The Management and Co Ordinaters change All the time and you do not know who is your contact person, when I last rang to report a issue was told I was 99th in line expected time to answer 56 min. Later told by another care worker All Office Staff sent home due to Corona virus? We are told by Company to keep the informed but this is difficult when you can not get through and when a message is left they do not return your call.
Patient complaints are the worst when you have done everything for someone. Time of work not consistent. Shifts all over the place. I love helping people. Driving in Auckland to patients/clients is incredibly difficult at times but work is enjoyable. Difficult to progress in the company
Work by a roster so there may be gaps in the day. They offer training to better yourself and move up if you wish. Because you are helping people it is a very rewarding job, very interesting because no two days are the same.
Caring living people. You have to love working with sick and elderly people and children with disabilities. You have to care about other people and be prepared to travel to the clients homes.
they didnt give me enough hours a permanent client comes up sometimes. other than that they are a very good company to work for you can gain more qualifications and help with any other problems .
from the begining the were comprehensive and supportive, always taking care of my needs at the work place.
I keep doing modules that made me improve and learn more about my workplace and how to act in different circumstances.
Geneva Healthcare is a nice place to work and earn money. They provide many benefits for staff including, good salary, enough leaves and good team to work with.
I worked for Geneva for over a year and due to the lack of pay and not being paid on time. but was a good job helped alot of people. They also do pay for travel if having to travel to other places
Pros
Paid travel
Cons
Didn't pay on time
It's a casual role so the shifts are enjoyable. less stress and enjoyable work. all the staff is supportive and encouraging while doing the job, satisfied.
Pros
Coffee
Cons
No cons yet
we have free fruits 3 days a week. staff are friendly and helpfull. we have a good team work relationship. fun enviroment . staff are been look after.
Started off with living the dream. I enjoyed my job until management just took advantage of me. I had one of the hardest clients dumped on me. This caused so much stress! When you ask for help they start off good then they just walk away. Most of the time you cant find a manager to support you. I ended up in the toliets crying. I arrived super early each morning 2 and a half hours before my start time to then leave at 5:30pm each day. Thsi was to try and catch up on the previous day. Working hours are 8:30am till 5:30pm.

The only thing I enjoyed in Geneva was my support workers. They listened management didn't. It wasn't until I had a serious health risk and a break down that they bothered to do anything. I wouldn't recommend this company at all. A lot of work needs to be done to support your employees. The only EAP lady that came in was and only the support I had.

I had to leave to get my life back. Geneva says they promote support and guidance that's just a joke. Going home and all you can think about is the client and their wellbeing. Not being able to find any support worker to cover shifts. Management hounding you and they expect you to take on other employees work when you struggle to do your own. I was ahead on my portfolio for ages. What I observed when I worked here was they only think about the dollar signs, not the clients and their employees. They hide behind this so what you hear when they promote Geneva is not what you get when you work there. So my opinion don't bother working for this place you won't come out feeling happy.
Pros
support workers
Cons
Long Hours, you will have a mental break down, They dont care about your health and its not an environment that you want to be in.
The employees in this work have a positive attitude towards their work duties and are most likely all resilient in bouncing back when tasks are difficult.
I enjoyed going into clients homes and interacting with them. I learned new skills, the management was helpful when I needed their help. If I went into maori homes I always took my shoe off as I knew that was their culture.
Pros
Meeting new clients
Cons
My typical day at work is being on the phone most of the day taking inbound calls and making to outbound calls.
Ive learned how to work with people from different walks of life and different cultural backgrounds

The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that i can assist people everyday with there accounts
This was a great opportunity & privilege to upskill my accounting knowledge while taking on new tasks. The company is conveniently situated. The culture is competitive between departments and can be stressful at times which I feel works against rather than for the company. The hardest part of my job is the high staff turnover. I feel this wastes a lot of time to continuously re-train new staff and adds extra stress to meet deadlines.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Long Hours
The only positives I can think of is the free fruit they provide weekly and the decent colleagues you bond with quickly as you go through many hard times together. Low wages and unmanageble workloads. Expectation to work overtime with no pay. Stressful work environment with unsupportive management. Some managers don't even have a healthcare background and it sure shows in their lack of empathy. Witnessed many staff have emotional breakdowns in the head office. There is no emphasis on wellbeing in the workplace. Expect to have at least one mental breakdown if you work in the headoffice.
Pros
Free fruit, decent work colleagues who you bond with quickly as you go through many hard times together, and cultural diversity at work
Cons
Unsupportive management, no emphasis on wellbeing in the workplace, low salary but unmanageable workloads, overwhelming stress, expectation to work overtime with no pay.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Geneva Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.