Geneva Healthcare
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Geneva Healthcare Employee Reviews

Independent working
Work by a roster so there may be gaps in the day. They offer training to better yourself and move up if you wish. Because you are helping people it is a very rewarding job, very interesting because no two days are the same.
Need to be paid correctly
The Management and Co Ordinaters change All the time and you do not know who is your contact person, when I last rang to report a issue was told I was 99th in line expected time to answer 56 min. Later told by another care worker All Office Staff sent home due to Corona virus? We are told by Company to keep the informed but this is difficult when you can not get through and when a message is left they do not return your call.
Self directed and motivated person
Patient complaints are the worst when you have done everything for someone. Time of work not consistent. Shifts all over the place. I love helping people. Driving in Auckland to patients/clients is incredibly difficult at times but work is enjoyable. Difficult to progress in the company
Nice to work with this company
Caring living people. You have to love working with sick and elderly people and children with disabilities. You have to care about other people and be prepared to travel to the clients homes.
Relaxed
they didnt give me enough hours a permanent client comes up sometimes. other than that they are a very good company to work for you can gain more qualifications and help with any other problems .
pretty suportive team at workplace
from the begining the were comprehensive and supportive, always taking care of my needs at the work place.
I keep doing modules that made me improve and learn more about my workplace and how to act in different circumstances.
Good Place to work
Geneva Healthcare is a nice place to work and earn money. They provide many benefits for staff including, good salary, enough leaves and good team to work with.
Was self explanatory
I worked for Geneva for over a year and due to the lack of pay and not being paid on time. but was a good job helped alot of people. They also do pay for travel if having to travel to other places
Pros
Paid travel
Cons
Didn't pay on time
Fun loving work place
It's a casual role so the shifts are enjoyable. less stress and enjoyable work. all the staff is supportive and encouraging while doing the job, satisfied.
Pros
Coffee
Cons
No cons yet
good team work
we have free fruits 3 days a week. staff are friendly and helpfull. we have a good team work relationship. fun enviroment . staff are been look after.
poor company to work for
Started off with living the dream. I enjoyed my job until management just took advantage of me. I had one of the hardest clients dumped on me. This caused so much stress! When you ask for help they start off good then they just walk away. Most of the time you cant find a manager to support you. I ended up in the toliets crying. I arrived super early each morning 2 and a half hours before my start time to then leave at 5:30pm each day. Thsi was to try and catch up on the previous day. Working hours are 8:30am till 5:30pm.

The only thing I enjoyed in Geneva was my support workers. They listened management didn't. It wasn't until I had a serious health risk and a break down that they bothered to do anything. I wouldn't recommend this company at all. A lot of work needs to be done to support your employees. The only EAP lady that came in was and only the support I had.

I had to leave to get my life back. Geneva says they promote support and guidance that's just a joke. Going home and all you can think about is the client and their wellbeing. Not being able to find any support worker to cover shifts. Management hounding you and they expect you to take on other employees work when you struggle to do your own. I was ahead on my portfolio for ages. What I observed when I worked here was they only think about the dollar signs, not the clients and their employees. They hide behind this so what you hear when they promote Geneva is not what you get when you work there. So my opinion don't bother working for this place you won't come out feeling happy.
Pros
support workers
Cons
Long Hours, you will have a mental break down, They dont care about your health and its not an environment that you want to be in.
Fun workplace
The employees in this work have a positive attitude towards their work duties and are most likely all resilient in bouncing back when tasks are difficult.
Productive and fun place to work.
I enjoyed going into clients homes and interacting with them. I learned new skills, the management was helpful when I needed their help. If I went into maori homes I always took my shoe off as I knew that was their culture.
Pros
Meeting new clients
fun place to work
My typical day at work is being on the phone most of the day taking inbound calls and making to outbound calls.
Ive learned how to work with people from different walks of life and different cultural backgrounds

The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that i can assist people everyday with there accounts
Challenging
This was a great opportunity & privilege to upskill my accounting knowledge while taking on new tasks. The company is conveniently situated. The culture is competitive between departments and can be stressful at times which I feel works against rather than for the company. The hardest part of my job is the high staff turnover. I feel this wastes a lot of time to continuously re-train new staff and adds extra stress to meet deadlines.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Long Hours
Poor management and no emphasis on wellness in the workplace
The only positives I can think of is the free fruit they provide weekly and the decent colleagues you bond with quickly as you go through many hard times together. Low wages and unmanageble workloads. Expectation to work overtime with no pay. Stressful work environment with unsupportive management. Some managers don't even have a healthcare background and it sure shows in their lack of empathy. Witnessed many staff have emotional breakdowns in the head office. There is no emphasis on wellbeing in the workplace. Expect to have at least one mental breakdown if you work in the headoffice.
Pros
Free fruit, decent work colleagues who you bond with quickly as you go through many hard times together, and cultural diversity at work
Cons
Unsupportive management, no emphasis on wellbeing in the workplace, low salary but unmanageable workloads, overwhelming stress, expectation to work overtime with no pay.
Geneva health care
well reputed company with a high pay rate and other benefits.
geneva help me to develop my self and I got different experience with working with different patients at different environment
My experience
I learned how to treat clients with respect and learn about the fact that all clients are different. Workplace culture in Geneva is great and it provides balance for me. The hardest part of my job is when the time taken to drive to another clients home is very short. the most enjoyable part is attending to patients
Very good to work for
Good to work for as it allows to set your own hours and can be tailored to ones personal life.

Allows one to get experience in many different rest homes and experience in different situations.
Productive, meet different people which I enjoy very much
I learned alot from my job, I really enjoyed working with different client every day. The hardest part of the job is to say goodbye to a client because either they don't need any more help or moving to another place or provider. The most enjoyable is meeting different clients and able to help them out.
working just part a time
I was employed on an on call basis and my primary responsibilities were.

assistance with patients needs

showering patients

dressing patients

assisting with meals

maintaining a hygienic enviroment

ensuring all floors and surfaces are kept clean

The hardest part of the job was spending 1 hour driving to work so 2 hours per day on the road

The most enjoyable aspect of the job was contact with patients and assisting them with their day to day needs

The workplace culture was mixed as it catered for aged care residents and hospital patients.
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Geneva Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.