Geneva Healthcare Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work.
Home Helper (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Wanganui, Manawatu-Wanganui9 February 2019
I enjoyed going into clients homes and interacting with them. I learned new skills, the management was helpful when I needed their help. If I went into maori homes I always took my shoe off as I knew that was their culture.
Pros
Meeting new clients
fun place to work
Credit Controller (Current Employee) –  Mount Wellington, Auckland28 January 2019
My typical day at work is being on the phone most of the day taking inbound calls and making to outbound calls.
Ive learned how to work with people from different walks of life and different cultural backgrounds
The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that i can assist people everyday with there accounts
Challenging
FINANCIAL ACCOUNTANT (Current Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland21 November 2018
This was a great opportunity & privilege to upskill my accounting knowledge while taking on new tasks. The company is conveniently situated. The culture is competitive between departments and can be stressful at times which I feel works against rather than for the company. The hardest part of my job is the high staff turnover. I feel this wastes a lot of time to continuously re-train new staff and adds extra stress to meet deadlines.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Long Hours
Poor management and no emphasis on wellness in the workplace
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Head office16 November 2018
The only positives I can think of is the free fruit they provide weekly and the decent colleagues you bond with quickly as you go through many hard times together. Low wages and unmanageble workloads. Expectation to work overtime with no pay. Stressful work environment with unsupportive management. Some managers don't even have a healthcare background and it sure shows in their lack of empathy. Witnessed many staff have emotional breakdowns in the head office. There is no emphasis on wellbeing in the workplace. Expect to have at least one mental breakdown if you work in the headoffice.
Pros
Free fruit, decent work colleagues who you bond with quickly as you go through many hard times together, and cultural diversity at work
Cons
Unsupportive management, no emphasis on wellbeing in the workplace, low salary but unmanageable workloads, overwhelming stress, expectation to work overtime with no pay.
Geneva health care
HOME CARE SUPPORT WORKER (Current Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland22 July 2018
well reputed company with a high pay rate and other benefits.
geneva help me to develop my self and I got different experience with working with different patients at different environment
My experience
Home Support worker (Casual) (Current Employee) –  North Shore, Auckland27 June 2018
I learned how to treat clients with respect and learn about the fact that all clients are different. Workplace culture in Geneva is great and it provides balance for me. The hardest part of my job is when the time taken to drive to another clients home is very short. the most enjoyable part is attending to patients
Very good to work for
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Taranaki2 March 2018
Good to work for as it allows to set your own hours and can be tailored to ones personal life.

Allows one to get experience in many different rest homes and experience in different situations.
Productive, meet different people which I enjoy very much
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland1 March 2018
I learned alot from my job, I really enjoyed working with different client every day. The hardest part of the job is to say goodbye to a client because either they don't need any more help or moving to another place or provider. The most enjoyable is meeting different clients and able to help them out.
working just part a time
Health Care/Aged Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auckland NZ4 February 2018
I was employed on an on call basis and my primary responsibilities were.

assistance with patients needs
showering patients
dressing patients
assisting with meals
maintaining a hygienic enviroment
ensuring all floors and surfaces are kept clean

The hardest part of the job was spending 1 hour driving to work so 2 hours per day on the road

The most enjoyable aspect of the job was contact with patients and assisting them with their day to day needs

The workplace culture was mixed as it catered for aged care residents and hospital patients.
Cons
Always plenty of shifts available
Community Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Christchurch, Canterbury31 January 2018
Sometimes given wrong information eg number of clients living in a house, types of behaviour, number of staff but this is probably due to details not being updated regularly by the client to Geneva.

On a number of occasions I was put in physical danger due to staff shortages and clients being dangerous in their 'challenging behaviour' which was not adequately portrayed when booking shifts and I sustained physical injury from clients requiring medical treatment e.g chiropractic treatment, physiotherapy.
Pros
Always plenty of shifts
Cons
Lack of information
Not bad
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palmerston North, Manawatu-Wanganui18 December 2017
Sometimes busy and many shifts. It is good for gaining experience in healthcare field while you are studying. However, the management team are not quite profesional performance.
Pros
Clear job describtion
Cons
Poor management
Very well organized
Self Employed (Current Employee) –  Nelson South, Nelson8 December 2017
Very efficient and well organized company
Very good education advancement company
Very fair wage rate
Lovely staff to deal with
Provide sleepover pay rates
Pros
efficient administration
Cons
Profession attributes effective with promoting personal skills.
Community Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Whangarei, Northland28 November 2017
Partner, and participation stated in the Treaty of Waitangi was not adhered too with the management of this company.
Client and staff speaking one language.
Pros
your own times and days rostered
Cons
Hours limited overall location
Fun
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland16 July 2017
Loved being part of the team, worked as a beureau so i was working everywhere in auckland, good work and also love working for geneva, they gave me shifts to suit my flexibility
productive
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Auckland17 June 2017
friendly management. wonderful agency to work for. an opportunity to travel and gain experiences at lots of aged care places. lots to learn from and very challenging to work n-in new places especially on your first day
Pros and cons
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Dunedin, Otago23 May 2017
Typical day of work in the community consisted of 3-4 clients a day for 2-3 hours each.
I received training from fellow support workers when starting with a new client. I had enough training to feel confident working by myself. I did not receive much training from Geneva other than online readings.
There is very little communication between management and support workers. I found this very irritating and felt like they were not listening to my concerns or complaints. I felt like I had no support from Geneva.
Homecare support worker (Former Employee) –  Auckland9 March 2017
skill development
regular lectures
workshops
basic life support training
Pros
pays for gas, travel allowance
well organised and productive environment
Healthcare Assistant (HCA) (Former Employee) –  Auckland13 February 2017
Geneva provided me with a good support for working as a health care environment. they gave me reasonable working hours and salaries, which I am very satisfied with.
productive
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland23 January 2017
busy day many clients with a number of different needs to be met.
learnt to time manage very well. Management should be a lot better with communication but managed to learn to cope with lack of job descriptions on a daily basis. the hardest part of job was going in blind to clients homes without an insight to their needs.
I loved my job meeting new people and making their day just a little better in such a small way at times.
Work was hard, cleaning peoples houses. Staff were nice
Homecare Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland22 January 2017
Was only a temporary casual position cleaning clients homes. Worked on my own and did not see any other staff other than office staff. The pay was low and had to do alot of travel

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Geneva Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.