Geneva Healthcare
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Geneva Healthcare Employee Review

Pros and cons

23 May 2017
Typical day of work in the community consisted of 3-4 clients a day for 2-3 hours each. I received training from fellow support workers when starting with a new client. I had enough training to feel confident working by myself. I did not receive much training from Geneva other than online readings. There is very little communication between management and support workers. I found this very irritating and felt like they were not listening to my concerns or complaints. I felt like I had no support from Geneva.
20 June 2020
Home Support Worker (Former Employee) - Auckland City, Auckland
Working in Geneva Healthcare is great as they provide proper work for you. You will have your own time to manage your working hours especially when you are a student. However, you need a private vehicle if you will be doing a support worker role as you will be traveling from one house to another. Also, they will provide you good working hours and you have the ability to say no to the job if it doesn't suit your time.
Pros
you can choose your time of work and what kind of work
Cons
mode of tranportation
17 May 2020
Support Worker (Current Employee) - Auckland
Poor management. Promises are not followed through. Although it is a company to provide healthcare services, it appears as though the company cares more about the corporate greed rather than caring toward their clients. The good: The client and their families are wonderful people and make you feel like a part of their family. The challenges: Dealing with management. Miscommunication across different departments so if there is an issue regarding pay, leave etc then you have to relay your story to multiple people.
5 February 2020
Support Worker (Current Employee) - Orewa, Auckland
Work by a roster so there may be gaps in the day. They offer training to better yourself and move up if you wish. Because you are helping people it is a very rewarding job, very interesting because no two days are the same.