Geneva Healthcare
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Geneva Healthcare Employee Reviews in Auckland City, Auckland

Auckland City, Auckland27 reviews
Working at Geneva has been a real success for me. I started in an entry level position and have progressed into a number of other roles.

The best part about this workplace has been the people! Despite the substantial growth Geneva has been through in the past five or so years, there is still a real sense of family in the office. It is a very supportive place and fun place to work.

It can be fast-paced and stressful but there is a really collaborative approach, and it feels great to know you're making a real difference to the lives of those most vulnerable in our communities.
Pros
Great Culture and ethnically diverse
Cons
At times heavy workload
Working in Geneva Healthcare is great as they provide proper work for you. You will have your own time to manage your working hours especially when you are a student. However, you need a private vehicle if you will be doing a support worker role as you will be traveling from one house to another.

Also, they will provide you good working hours and you have the ability to say no to the job if it doesn't suit your time.
Pros
you can choose your time of work and what kind of work
Cons
mode of tranportation
I enjo0yed working there as there were a lot of nice people. Some customers were rude and demanding so it's important to be resilient and to be able to stay positive. Management are supportive.
Pros
good central location
Cons
Some rude customers
Poor management. Promises are not followed through. Although it is a company to provide healthcare services, it appears as though the company cares more about the corporate greed rather than caring toward their clients.

The good:

The client and their families are wonderful people and make you feel like a part of their family.

The challenges:

Dealing with management. Miscommunication across different departments so if there is an issue regarding pay, leave etc then you have to relay your story to multiple people.
Patient complaints are the worst when you have done everything for someone. Time of work not consistent. Shifts all over the place. I love helping people. Driving in Auckland to patients/clients is incredibly difficult at times but work is enjoyable. Difficult to progress in the company
Caring living people. You have to love working with sick and elderly people and children with disabilities. You have to care about other people and be prepared to travel to the clients homes.
from the begining the were comprehensive and supportive, always taking care of my needs at the work place.
I keep doing modules that made me improve and learn more about my workplace and how to act in different circumstances.
It's a casual role so the shifts are enjoyable. less stress and enjoyable work. all the staff is supportive and encouraging while doing the job, satisfied.
Pros
Coffee
Cons
No cons yet
we have free fruits 3 days a week. staff are friendly and helpfull. we have a good team work relationship. fun enviroment . staff are been look after.
This was a great opportunity & privilege to upskill my accounting knowledge while taking on new tasks. The company is conveniently situated. The culture is competitive between departments and can be stressful at times which I feel works against rather than for the company. The hardest part of my job is the high staff turnover. I feel this wastes a lot of time to continuously re-train new staff and adds extra stress to meet deadlines.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Long Hours
well reputed company with a high pay rate and other benefits.
geneva help me to develop my self and I got different experience with working with different patients at different environment
I learned alot from my job, I really enjoyed working with different client every day. The hardest part of the job is to say goodbye to a client because either they don't need any more help or moving to another place or provider. The most enjoyable is meeting different clients and able to help them out.
I was employed on an on call basis and my primary responsibilities were.

assistance with patients needs

showering patients

dressing patients

assisting with meals

maintaining a hygienic enviroment

ensuring all floors and surfaces are kept clean

The hardest part of the job was spending 1 hour driving to work so 2 hours per day on the road

The most enjoyable aspect of the job was contact with patients and assisting them with their day to day needs

The workplace culture was mixed as it catered for aged care residents and hospital patients.
Cons
Loved being part of the team, worked as a beureau so i was working everywhere in auckland, good work and also love working for geneva, they gave me shifts to suit my flexibility
friendly management. wonderful agency to work for. an opportunity to travel and gain experiences at lots of aged care places. lots to learn from and very challenging to work n-in new places especially on your first day
Stress-free

skill development

regular lectures

workshops

basic life support training
Pros
pays for gas, travel allowance
Geneva provided me with a good support for working as a health care environment. they gave me reasonable working hours and salaries, which I am very satisfied with.
busy day many clients with a number of different needs to be met.
learnt to time manage very well. Management should be a lot better with communication but managed to learn to cope with lack of job descriptions on a daily basis. the hardest part of job was going in blind to clients homes without an insight to their needs.

I loved my job meeting new people and making their day just a little better in such a small way at times.
Was only a temporary casual position cleaning clients homes. Worked on my own and did not see any other staff other than office staff. The pay was low and had to do alot of travel
Geneva Healthcare have always supported me and other staff, when challenges have occurred.

They have always encouraged staff look internally if they are looking for a change in direction rather than leave the company.
often it was just hanging out with the girl i looked after, going for walks, watching movies, cooking ect. the hours weren't always promising but the people were friendly. the hardest part was getting her to do something after she had set her mind on something else. the most enjoyable part was hanging out with her.