Geneva Healthcare
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

Geneva Healthcare Employee Reviews in Christchurch, Canterbury

Christchurch, Canterbury2 reviews
Sometimes given wrong information eg number of clients living in a house, types of behaviour, number of staff but this is probably due to details not being updated regularly by the client to Geneva.

On a number of occasions I was put in physical danger due to staff shortages and clients being dangerous in their 'challenging behaviour' which was not adequately portrayed when booking shifts and I sustained physical injury from clients requiring medical treatment e.g chiropractic treatment, physiotherapy.
Pros
Always plenty of shifts
Cons
Lack of information
Work is varied and in a number of different workplaces. I have learnt I am good at working in a variety of different places, I have initiative, I am calm, good with people with special needs, organised. The most enoyable part of the work is the clients. The hardest part of the job is not knowing where you are going to work, and at times having to work in an area you feel uncomfortable although are competent in. Not meeting other people from Geneva except on assignment. Co-workers are not a problem, it is easy to get along with people for a short period and if there is a type of person you find it harder to work with, then you know it is only a short period.
Pros
you can chose your hours and days.
Cons
not knowing if you will have work that week. having to accept work in places you are not keen on.