Geneva Healthcare
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Geneva Healthcare Employee Reviews for Healthcare Assistant

Healthcare Assistant9 reviews
New Zealand9 reviews
I was employed on an on call basis and my primary responsibilities were.

assistance with patients needs

showering patients

dressing patients

assisting with meals

maintaining a hygienic enviroment

ensuring all floors and surfaces are kept clean

The hardest part of the job was spending 1 hour driving to work so 2 hours per day on the road

The most enjoyable aspect of the job was contact with patients and assisting them with their day to day needs

The workplace culture was mixed as it catered for aged care residents and hospital patients.
Cons
The Management and Co Ordinaters change All the time and you do not know who is your contact person, when I last rang to report a issue was told I was 99th in line expected time to answer 56 min. Later told by another care worker All Office Staff sent home due to Corona virus? We are told by Company to keep the informed but this is difficult when you can not get through and when a message is left they do not return your call.
Sometimes busy and many shifts. It is good for gaining experience in healthcare field while you are studying. However, the management team are not quite profesional performance.
Pros
Clear job describtion
Cons
Poor management
Geneva provided me with a good support for working as a health care environment. they gave me reasonable working hours and salaries, which I am very satisfied with.
This organization has taught me to become flexible and adaptive to any working environment, as the shifts differ on a daily basis. Initially, the work was difficult but as we go along, it becomes a routine and seems pretty fun.
Pros
salary
Cons
minimal shifts depending on the season
Great to be working on this company. The coordinators are nice and friendly. You can choose the day and shift you want to work. You just have to be reliable when you give your availability.
Pros
Flexible hours, high pay rate
Cons
No guaranteed hours of work
Geneva Health care bureau is a great company to work, as it helps people especially students to get a job for their daily needs. They give a quite high salary and they give a flexible and convenient duty shifts according to one's availability. The company's team are very nice and approachable as well. Thus, since it is just a casual one, it does not somehow give job reassurance for a longer future. However, it was overall satisfactory as it is fun to work with them and enjoyed the job.
Pros
higher rate
Cons
casual and unstable shift
Geneva Healthcare is an organization who gives temporary staffing to some of the leading healthcare service provider in the country. they also pay very well.
I worked as a casual shift, received a phone call for my shift and worked different ward everyday. I had worked various kinds of ward in acute hospital environment. It was good opportunity to learn to manage different kinds of ward. Sometimes it's hard to work different places. It's helpful to get a colleague's support.