Geneva Healthcare
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Geneva Healthcare Employee Reviews for Support Worker

Support Worker22 reviews
New Zealand22 reviews
Independent working
Work by a roster so there may be gaps in the day. They offer training to better yourself and move up if you wish. Because you are helping people it is a very rewarding job, very interesting because no two days are the same.
Very bad company to work for. Bad communication
Poor management. Promises are not followed through. Although it is a company to provide healthcare services, it appears as though the company cares more about the corporate greed rather than caring toward their clients.

The good:

The client and their families are wonderful people and make you feel like a part of their family.

The challenges:

Dealing with management. Miscommunication across different departments so if there is an issue regarding pay, leave etc then you have to relay your story to multiple people.
Nice to work with this company
Caring living people. You have to love working with sick and elderly people and children with disabilities. You have to care about other people and be prepared to travel to the clients homes.
pretty suportive team at workplace
from the begining the were comprehensive and supportive, always taking care of my needs at the work place.
I keep doing modules that made me improve and learn more about my workplace and how to act in different circumstances.
Good Place to work
Geneva Healthcare is a nice place to work and earn money. They provide many benefits for staff including, good salary, enough leaves and good team to work with.
Fun loving work place
It's a casual role so the shifts are enjoyable. less stress and enjoyable work. all the staff is supportive and encouraging while doing the job, satisfied.
Pros
Coffee
Cons
No cons yet
My experience
I learned how to treat clients with respect and learn about the fact that all clients are different. Workplace culture in Geneva is great and it provides balance for me. The hardest part of my job is when the time taken to drive to another clients home is very short. the most enjoyable part is attending to patients
Productive, meet different people which I enjoy very much
I learned alot from my job, I really enjoyed working with different client every day. The hardest part of the job is to say goodbye to a client because either they don't need any more help or moving to another place or provider. The most enjoyable is meeting different clients and able to help them out.
Always plenty of shifts available
Sometimes given wrong information eg number of clients living in a house, types of behaviour, number of staff but this is probably due to details not being updated regularly by the client to Geneva.

On a number of occasions I was put in physical danger due to staff shortages and clients being dangerous in their 'challenging behaviour' which was not adequately portrayed when booking shifts and I sustained physical injury from clients requiring medical treatment e.g chiropractic treatment, physiotherapy.
Pros
Always plenty of shifts
Cons
Lack of information
Profession attributes effective with promoting personal skills.
Partner, and participation stated in the Treaty of Waitangi was not adhered too with the management of this company.
Client and staff speaking one language.
Pros
your own times and days rostered
Cons
Hours limited overall location
Pros and cons
Typical day of work in the community consisted of 3-4 clients a day for 2-3 hours each.
I received training from fellow support workers when starting with a new client. I had enough training to feel confident working by myself. I did not receive much training from Geneva other than online readings.

There is very little communication between management and support workers. I found this very irritating and felt like they were not listening to my concerns or complaints. I felt like I had no support from Geneva.
Stress-free

skill development

regular lectures

workshops

basic life support training
Pros
pays for gas, travel allowance
Work was hard, cleaning peoples houses. Staff were nice
Was only a temporary casual position cleaning clients homes. Worked on my own and did not see any other staff other than office staff. The pay was low and had to do alot of travel
humanity, humility, organised
Compassionate, understanding, interpersonal skills are good, good teamworkers. Alot of office workers. Have a pretty good knowledge of people of great diversity.
Pros
Sometime good hours
Cons
very exhausting especially when driving long distance
Support Worker
A typical day at work would involve reading case notes on clients and report from handover. I would then introduce myself to clients once familiar with their files and medication plans. I would make myself familiar with the roster or tasks for the day with specific clients. I would have a cup of tea and chat with colleagues to catch up with our routines. I would support clients to shower and clean their rooms. I would remind clients of their rostered duties and support them to work towards completing their set tasks.
Productive and fun work place
Challenging and fulfilling work each day. It made me realize how vulnerable in providing care to the elderly. Management takes good care of their employees just like me. They provide support all the way. My co-workers were approachable and friendly. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I'm able to provide the cares that they want and they were satisfied with my care.
Loves to learn new skills
I am a very responsible person who loves to learn new skills and jobs, I am very committed to my roles and responsibilities given to me, I am a fast learner and can work well in a team and unsupervised, I love interacting with children and people and believe if you love your job, you will never have to work a day in your life,
The hardest part of my jobs have been losing clients or having to move away from my current positions, but the most enjoyable part of my jobs are definitely, seeing the smiles on the children's faces and also my client's faces, that would have to be the most rewarding part of my job.
enjoyed opportunity to meet and support the elderly in need
I loved working with the elderly and tending to their needs, although my job was to meet requirements I made a point of getting to know each one and how best I could help them through my time with them.

Many of the co workers I met along the way we had a great working relationship, especially if we had to care for the same client we maintained high standards throughout.

The hardest part was in saying goodbye to them.

I loved being with the elderly.
Pros
Meeting new friends
Cons
Saying goodbye
varied and interesting job
Working at Geneva was interesting and varied each day. I learned to communicate and interact with people across generations and enjoyed seeing a variety of family situations.
Great company Highly Reccomend
Great company to work for thoroughly enjoy working for company who truly care and look after their clients and their staff
would highly recommend them to those wishing to enter this industry.Currently working as temp looking forward to being permanent.

Great pay rates too ;-)
Pros
Great pay rates
Cons
only temp looking forward to being permanent
Incitful with room to learn more
Consultants are on hand to help in any situation. Full client knowledge given before starting.