Geneva Healthcare
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Geneva Healthcare Management reviews

New Zealand59 reviews
I enjo0yed working there as there were a lot of nice people. Some customers were rude and demanding so it's important to be resilient and to be able to stay positive. Management are supportive.
Pros
good central location
Cons
Some rude customers
helping elderly or sick client with things they cannot do for themselfs ie showering helping dress maybe meal prep setting them up for the day making sure they are safe no matts to trip over opening curtains safe checking doors are locked or unlocked during the day .make sure everything is within there reach making sure they are warm enough or cool enough in summer ,always knocked before going into there homes ,be happy and possitive always towards clients always look out for any brucing or skin tears make sure client is keeping up fluids and has food .i have learnt that alot of clients are extremly lonely and some of them onely see us staff and do look forward to seeing us .i have found management fantastic if a client takes abit longer due to a fall etc i always rang into office as so they could let my next client know i was running abit behind this is very important as nothing worse than getting to a client late to find them upset and angry but if they have been rung and told by office this helps the situation time management is extremly important .i have never had a problem with culture of any kind . the hardest part of the job would be not getting to attached and not buying into to much of what they say normaly talking about family issues never get involved but if reason for concern ring coordinater .the most injoyable part of when i was working for your company was the glow in clients faces how much the help i was providing was appreciated by them
Pros
hours to suite that fited in with my days
Cons
just sometimes if client was a two person the second person running late
Poor management. Promises are not followed through. Although it is a company to provide healthcare services, it appears as though the company cares more about the corporate greed rather than caring toward their clients.

The good:

The client and their families are wonderful people and make you feel like a part of their family.

The challenges:

Dealing with management. Miscommunication across different departments so if there is an issue regarding pay, leave etc then you have to relay your story to multiple people.
The Management and Co Ordinaters change All the time and you do not know who is your contact person, when I last rang to report a issue was told I was 99th in line expected time to answer 56 min. Later told by another care worker All Office Staff sent home due to Corona virus? We are told by Company to keep the informed but this is difficult when you can not get through and when a message is left they do not return your call.
Started off with living the dream. I enjoyed my job until management just took advantage of me. I had one of the hardest clients dumped on me. This caused so much stress! When you ask for help they start off good then they just walk away. Most of the time you cant find a manager to support you. I ended up in the toliets crying. I arrived super early each morning 2 and a half hours before my start time to then leave at 5:30pm each day. Thsi was to try and catch up on the previous day. Working hours are 8:30am till 5:30pm.

The only thing I enjoyed in Geneva was my support workers. They listened management didn't. It wasn't until I had a serious health risk and a break down that they bothered to do anything. I wouldn't recommend this company at all. A lot of work needs to be done to support your employees. The only EAP lady that came in was and only the support I had.

I had to leave to get my life back. Geneva says they promote support and guidance that's just a joke. Going home and all you can think about is the client and their wellbeing. Not being able to find any support worker to cover shifts. Management hounding you and they expect you to take on other employees work when you struggle to do your own. I was ahead on my portfolio for ages. What I observed when I worked here was they only think about the dollar signs, not the clients and their employees. They hide behind this so what you hear when they promote Geneva is not what you get when you work there. So my opinion don't bother working for this place you won't come out feeling happy.
Pros
support workers
Cons
Long Hours, you will have a mental break down, They dont care about your health and its not an environment that you want to be in.
I enjoyed going into clients homes and interacting with them. I learned new skills, the management was helpful when I needed their help. If I went into maori homes I always took my shoe off as I knew that was their culture.
Pros
Meeting new clients
Cons
The only positives I can think of is the free fruit they provide weekly and the decent colleagues you bond with quickly as you go through many hard times together. Low wages and unmanageble workloads. Expectation to work overtime with no pay. Stressful work environment with unsupportive management. Some managers don't even have a healthcare background and it sure shows in their lack of empathy. Witnessed many staff have emotional breakdowns in the head office. There is no emphasis on wellbeing in the workplace. Expect to have at least one mental breakdown if you work in the headoffice.
Pros
Free fruit, decent work colleagues who you bond with quickly as you go through many hard times together, and cultural diversity at work
Cons
Unsupportive management, no emphasis on wellbeing in the workplace, low salary but unmanageable workloads, overwhelming stress, expectation to work overtime with no pay.
Sometimes busy and many shifts. It is good for gaining experience in healthcare field while you are studying. However, the management team are not quite profesional performance.
Pros
Clear job describtion
Cons
Poor management
Partner, and participation stated in the Treaty of Waitangi was not adhered too with the management of this company.
Client and staff speaking one language.
Pros
your own times and days rostered
Cons
Hours limited overall location
friendly management. wonderful agency to work for. an opportunity to travel and gain experiences at lots of aged care places. lots to learn from and very challenging to work n-in new places especially on your first day
Typical day of work in the community consisted of 3-4 clients a day for 2-3 hours each.
I received training from fellow support workers when starting with a new client. I had enough training to feel confident working by myself. I did not receive much training from Geneva other than online readings.

There is very little communication between management and support workers. I found this very irritating and felt like they were not listening to my concerns or complaints. I felt like I had no support from Geneva.
Stress-free

skill development

regular lectures

workshops

basic life support training
Pros
pays for gas, travel allowance
busy day many clients with a number of different needs to be met.
learnt to time manage very well.
Management should be a lot better with communication but managed to learn to cope with lack of job descriptions on a daily basis. the hardest part of job was going in blind to clients homes without an insight to their needs.
I loved my job meeting new people and making their day just a little better in such a small way at times.
Challenging and fulfilling work each day. It made me realize how vulnerable in providing care to the elderly. Management takes good care of their employees just like me. They provide support all the way. My co-workers were approachable and friendly. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I'm able to provide the cares that they want and they were satisfied with my care.
Friendly People
No procedure manuals make working very hard.

Co-workers are good and friendly.

Management is good.
Small company, so there is heaps to learn.
Pros
Free Lunches, Friday Drinks
Cons
Micro Management
Each day was different and challenging.
I learned an enormous amount

Management was every supportive
My co-workers were happy to share knowledge and experience and worked well as a team
The job was not hard it was fascinating

The most enjoyable part was watching the students grow and seeing the benefits my patients derived. I also enjoyed the interaction with other professionals that facilitated my development.
Pros
Flexibility in working hours
Cons
High costs to continuing education .
I have enjoyed my time with Geneva Northlink Health. I have learnt how to look after the elderly in a personal manner as well as giving them a clean, healthy place to live.

I have been studying my level 3 in Caregiving and am learning about the different cultures, abuses, family involvement.

Management has been very supportive and are friendly,caring staff.

The most enjoyable part is seeing the smile on their faces when I walk through the door.

The hardest is the long hours I sometimes work.
Pros
Meeting a variety of people