Geneva Healthcare
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Geneva Healthcare Employee Reviews

New Zealand55 reviews
Independent working
Work by a roster so there may be gaps in the day. They offer training to better yourself and move up if you wish. Because you are helping people it is a very rewarding job, very interesting because no two days are the same.
working just part a time
I was employed on an on call basis and my primary responsibilities were.

assistance with patients needs

showering patients

dressing patients

assisting with meals

maintaining a hygienic enviroment

ensuring all floors and surfaces are kept clean

The hardest part of the job was spending 1 hour driving to work so 2 hours per day on the road

The most enjoyable aspect of the job was contact with patients and assisting them with their day to day needs

The workplace culture was mixed as it catered for aged care residents and hospital patients.
Cons
Always plenty of shifts available
Sometimes given wrong information eg number of clients living in a house, types of behaviour, number of staff but this is probably due to details not being updated regularly by the client to Geneva.

On a number of occasions I was put in physical danger due to staff shortages and clients being dangerous in their 'challenging behaviour' which was not adequately portrayed when booking shifts and I sustained physical injury from clients requiring medical treatment e.g chiropractic treatment, physiotherapy.
Pros
Always plenty of shifts
Cons
Lack of information
Not bad
Sometimes busy and many shifts. It is good for gaining experience in healthcare field while you are studying. However, the management team are not quite profesional performance.
Pros
Clear job describtion
Cons
Poor management
Very well organized
Very efficient and well organized company
Very good education advancement company

Very fair wage rate

Lovely staff to deal with

Provide sleepover pay rates
Pros
efficient administration
Cons
Profession attributes effective with promoting personal skills.
Partner, and participation stated in the Treaty of Waitangi was not adhered too with the management of this company.
Client and staff speaking one language.
Pros
your own times and days rostered
Cons
Hours limited overall location
Fun
Loved being part of the team, worked as a beureau so i was working everywhere in auckland, good work and also love working for geneva, they gave me shifts to suit my flexibility
productive
friendly management. wonderful agency to work for. an opportunity to travel and gain experiences at lots of aged care places. lots to learn from and very challenging to work n-in new places especially on your first day
Pros and cons
Typical day of work in the community consisted of 3-4 clients a day for 2-3 hours each.
I received training from fellow support workers when starting with a new client. I had enough training to feel confident working by myself. I did not receive much training from Geneva other than online readings.

There is very little communication between management and support workers. I found this very irritating and felt like they were not listening to my concerns or complaints. I felt like I had no support from Geneva.
Stress-free

skill development

regular lectures

workshops

basic life support training
Pros
pays for gas, travel allowance
well organised and productive environment
Geneva provided me with a good support for working as a health care environment. they gave me reasonable working hours and salaries, which I am very satisfied with.
productive
busy day many clients with a number of different needs to be met.
learnt to time manage very well. Management should be a lot better with communication but managed to learn to cope with lack of job descriptions on a daily basis. the hardest part of job was going in blind to clients homes without an insight to their needs.

I loved my job meeting new people and making their day just a little better in such a small way at times.
Work was hard, cleaning peoples houses. Staff were nice
Was only a temporary casual position cleaning clients homes. Worked on my own and did not see any other staff other than office staff. The pay was low and had to do alot of travel
Supportive Company to work for.
Geneva Healthcare have always supported me and other staff, when challenges have occurred.

They have always encouraged staff look internally if they are looking for a change in direction rather than leave the company.
humanity, humility, organised
Compassionate, understanding, interpersonal skills are good, good teamworkers. Alot of office workers. Have a pretty good knowledge of people of great diversity.
Pros
Sometime good hours
Cons
very exhausting especially when driving long distance
Support Worker
A typical day at work would involve reading case notes on clients and report from handover. I would then introduce myself to clients once familiar with their files and medication plans. I would make myself familiar with the roster or tasks for the day with specific clients. I would have a cup of tea and chat with colleagues to catch up with our routines. I would support clients to shower and clean their rooms. I would remind clients of their rostered duties and support them to work towards completing their set tasks.
Fun workplace
often it was just hanging out with the girl i looked after, going for walks, watching movies, cooking ect. the hours weren't always promising but the people were friendly. the hardest part was getting her to do something after she had set her mind on something else. the most enjoyable part was hanging out with her.
Productive and fun work place
Challenging and fulfilling work each day. It made me realize how vulnerable in providing care to the elderly. Management takes good care of their employees just like me. They provide support all the way. My co-workers were approachable and friendly. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I'm able to provide the cares that they want and they were satisfied with my care.
Loves to learn new skills
I am a very responsible person who loves to learn new skills and jobs, I am very committed to my roles and responsibilities given to me, I am a fast learner and can work well in a team and unsupervised, I love interacting with children and people and believe if you love your job, you will never have to work a day in your life,
The hardest part of my jobs have been losing clients or having to move away from my current positions, but the most enjoyable part of my jobs are definitely, seeing the smiles on the children's faces and also my client's faces, that would have to be the most rewarding part of my job.
Good people, Fun environment
Friendly People
No procedure manuals make working very hard.

Co-workers are good and friendly.

Management is good.

Small company, so there is heaps to learn.
Pros
Free Lunches, Friday Drinks
Cons
Micro Management
productive and good paying job
This organization has taught me to become flexible and adaptive to any working environment, as the shifts differ on a daily basis. Initially, the work was difficult but as we go along, it becomes a routine and seems pretty fun.
Pros
salary
Cons
minimal shifts depending on the season
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Geneva Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.