Geneva Healthcare
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Geneva Healthcare Employee Reviews

New Zealand55 reviews
Independent working
Work by a roster so there may be gaps in the day. They offer training to better yourself and move up if you wish. Because you are helping people it is a very rewarding job, very interesting because no two days are the same.
enjoyed opportunity to meet and support the elderly in need
I loved working with the elderly and tending to their needs, although my job was to meet requirements I made a point of getting to know each one and how best I could help them through my time with them.

Many of the co workers I met along the way we had a great working relationship, especially if we had to care for the same client we maintained high standards throughout.

The hardest part was in saying goodbye to them.

I loved being with the elderly.
Pros
Meeting new friends
Cons
Saying goodbye
Enjoyable
Everyday there was always something new to learn. Whether it be in house, on the phone, from your team, there was always something different each day you could benefit from and to also add to the way you worked.
Every job has it's difficult sides, but its how you deal with the situation at hand that either makes it seem difficult in ways or a learning curve. For myself I find it easier to look at it as a learning experience than a difficult experience.

The most enjoyable part of this job is building relationships with your customers that make your job that little bit easier and be rewarded for you efforts.
Pros
Supportive team, priceless rewards, bonuses, team bonding
Flexible hours
Great to be working on this company. The coordinators are nice and friendly. You can choose the day and shift you want to work. You just have to be reliable when you give your availability.
Pros
Flexible hours, high pay rate
Cons
No guaranteed hours of work
fun and awesome
Geneva Health care bureau is a great company to work, as it helps people especially students to get a job for their daily needs. They give a quite high salary and they give a flexible and convenient duty shifts according to one's availability. The company's team are very nice and approachable as well. Thus, since it is just a casual one, it does not somehow give job reassurance for a longer future. However, it was overall satisfactory as it is fun to work with them and enjoyed the job.
Pros
higher rate
Cons
casual and unstable shift
varied and interesting job
Working at Geneva was interesting and varied each day. I learned to communicate and interact with people across generations and enjoyed seeing a variety of family situations.
gives me a hospital setting experience
Geneva Healthcare is an organization who gives temporary staffing to some of the leading healthcare service provider in the country. they also pay very well.
Great company to work for. Proactive in securing appropriate placements
Each day was different and challenging.
I learned an enormous amount

Management was every supportive

My co-workers were happy to share knowledge and experience and worked well as a team

The job was not hard it was fascinating

The most enjoyable part was watching the students grow and seeing the benefits my patients derived. I also enjoyed the interaction with other professionals that facilitated my development.
Pros
Flexibility in working hours
Cons
High costs to continuing education .
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Geneva Healthcare?
Productive and fun work
I have enjoyed my time with Geneva Northlink Health. I have learnt how to look after the elderly in a personal manner as well as giving them a clean, healthy place to live.

I have been studying my level 3 in Caregiving and am learning about the different cultures, abuses, family involvement.

Management has been very supportive and are friendly,caring staff.

The most enjoyable part is seeing the smile on their faces when I walk through the door.

The hardest is the long hours I sometimes work.
Pros
Meeting a variety of people
Great company Highly Reccomend
Great company to work for thoroughly enjoy working for company who truly care and look after their clients and their staff
would highly recommend them to those wishing to enter this industry.Currently working as temp looking forward to being permanent.

Great pay rates too ;-)
Pros
Great pay rates
Cons
only temp looking forward to being permanent
good support for getting a job
I worked as a casual shift, received a phone call for my shift and worked different ward everyday. I had worked various kinds of ward in acute hospital environment. It was good opportunity to learn to manage different kinds of ward. Sometimes it's hard to work different places. It's helpful to get a colleague's support.
Incitful with room to learn more
Consultants are on hand to help in any situation. Full client knowledge given before starting.
It is one of the better agencies to work for.
Work is varied and in a number of different workplaces. I have learnt I am good at working in a variety of different places, I have initiative, I am calm, good with people with special needs, organised. The most enoyable part of the work is the clients. The hardest part of the job is not knowing where you are going to work, and at times having to work in an area you feel uncomfortable although are competent in. Not meeting other people from Geneva except on assignment. Co-workers are not a problem, it is easy to get along with people for a short period and if there is a type of person you find it harder to work with, then you know it is only a short period.
Pros
you can chose your hours and days.
Cons
not knowing if you will have work that week. having to accept work in places you are not keen on.
Productive and fun workplace
It is awesome to work for geneva but I don't get a lot of shift plus I go everywhere in auckland but I need to work in one place so I know what to do.
Pros
good pay rates
Cons
not much hours
flexible hours
my work allowed me to meet many interesting clients
there was always excellent and easy communication with the staff at Geneva