George Weston Foods
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

George Weston Foods Employee Reviews

New Zealand10 reviews
Oversee day to day duties for dispatch.
Gain a lot on management skills.

Management was helpful.

Good team to work with.

Hardest part was to try and keep everyone happy.

Best part is when I can help customers and co-workers when need help
Pros
Free bread daily
Cons
Machiney Breakdowns
I found it really difficult getting merchandising hours. I was not allowed to express my feelings towards retail staff when they are rude to me and my manager didn’t back me up as well
Worked here for over two years as a merchandiser. The company do not care their staff they only care about the dollar signs. They have a very high staff turnover rate and would rather dispose of good workers instead of paying them what they deserve.
I disliked working for gwf as where I was working the management was not friendly and did not know how to communicate in a friendly manner. It was a toxic work environment and I was getting bullied by management and coworkers and I was never treated equall to the other coworkers.
Pros
Free bread
it was a good place to work, the staff were nice the induction process was thorough, the hardest part of it was adjusting to the heat.
Management made me feel very welcome, unfortunately the work was not what I really wanted to do and I had to make the decision to move on.
Pros
Free Pies and bread
Cons
The heat
I had quite a lot times & moments were I have to starch my self to make sure last orders get done on time & have been deliver to the customers on time.
I have learnt a lot from this job, operation wise, inventory controller wise, production wise & also staff wise too.
I loved working at George Weston Foods. Talents were developed. I loved my team. We worked hard, thrived on deadlines and yet still had fun.
Pros
Free bread
easy going work environment even busy place all the time.
its fun to work in this company with alot benefits and bonus with salary start with Supervisor position, never want to leave that job i had with Weston Food.
a typical day at work would start with 6am start stacking shelves sorting out orders moving dollies to back of store sorting product in to chillers ,putting up price tags for product and communicating with store mangers bout orders new product , rest of the day filling shelves speaking to customers about product then end of day take off old stock counting and filling in return and rollover forms taking trays and dollies out to be ready for the truck to pick them up,i learned health and safety time management, worked on my own un supervised but enjoyed speaking and getting to know the staff of new world taumarunui., george weston foods hired weekend staff whom they put me in charge of supervising for the job ,the hardest part of the job was christmas period not having enough stock at times, the most enjoyable part was the people i got to know from staff in store to the customers and my supervisor other merchandisers on our get togethers only reason why i have left gwf is i have moved to australia to be with my family.
Pros
could work around own times most of the time
Typical day at work starts at work 8.30 am, goodmorning to the team. Check on calendar for any meetings.
Log in to computer system and check emails and phone messages follow it up.Check work coming in and follow up work not recieved,

check with team what data have been entered.

Check customer credit complaints and follow up.

I have learnt that you must know how to manage time, so are

able to priortise and therefore able to complete task set out.

Team work is important and able to delegate to team members,

I find the hardest part of the job is chasing linehaul and

truck driver for paper work but persistance it pays off.

The most enjoyble part of the job is able to comminicate with all staffs across the board of the company from floor to management to learn and respect other cultures to come together as a team and

not individuals.
Pros
managers show of appreciation by shouting morning tea and christmas dinner
Cons
manager expectation is high and must perform according to quarterly perfomance review