George Weston Foods
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
George Weston Foods Employee Review

Do not work here

15 November 2019
Worked here for over two years as a merchandiser. The company do not care their staff they only care about the dollar signs. They have a very high staff turnover rate and would rather dispose of good workers instead of paying them what they deserve.
31 December 2019
Same role
Merchandiser (Former Employee) - Otahuhu, Auckland
I found it really difficult getting merchandising hours. I was not allowed to express my feelings towards retail staff when they are rude to me and my manager didn’t back me up as well
23 April 2014
Same role
merchandiser (Former Employee) - taumarunui new zealand
a typical day at work would start with 6am start stacking shelves sorting out orders moving dollies to back of store sorting product in to chillers ,putting up price tags for product and communicating with store mangers bout orders new product , rest of the day filling shelves speaking to customers about product then end of day take off old stock counting and filling in return and rollover forms taking trays and dollies out to be ready for the truck to pick them up,i learned health and safety time management, worked on my own un supervised but enjoyed speaking and getting to know the staff of new world taumarunui., george weston foods hired weekend staff whom they put me in charge of supervising for the job ,the hardest part of the job was christmas period not having enough stock at times, the most enjoyable part was the people i got to know from staff in store to the customers and my supervisor other merchandisers on our get togethers only reason why i have left gwf is i have moved to australia to be with my family.
Pros
could work around own times most of the time
27 May 2019
Trainee baker (Former Employee) - Christchurch, Canterbury
I disliked working for gwf as where I was working the management was not friendly and did not know how to communicate in a friendly manner. It was a toxic work environment and I was getting bullied by management and coworkers and I was never treated equall to the other coworkers.
Pros
Free bread