Glassons Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Zealand31 January 2019
So you get subsidised work wear (great clothes)
For me I was full time and thoroughly enjoyed it.
Sometimes it was a bit cliquey depending who was in and most days we had to do a deep clean with a small hover which took ages!
Pros
Substidised work uniform, friendly people, nice management
Cons
Long hours, hard labour, cliquey, basic pay
Not great
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Queenstown, Otago28 July 2018
Management was not the best. Spoken down to and disrespected, expected to develop minimal to no relationship with colleagues. Extremely poor performance incentives not even worth trying for.
Opinion of Glassons in Rotorua
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rotorua, Bay of Plenty7 May 2018
It was a very productive day at Glasson's I enjoyed being part of a team and working hard to make sales goals and meeting all the locals in New Zealand it was in a location where a lot of people who come and visit it was a very clean store and it had a really good structure there were issues with treatment of the employees and a younger management base. I was only their temporary however I really working in fashion even if it was just for a little while the fashion was affordable and trendy.
Pros
You get to wear Glassons Clothing everyday to work!
Cons
Not enough hours.
great workplace and discount privellages
Team Sales and KPI (Former Employee) –  manukau mall, auckland new zealand20 February 2018
good day when we get a lot of customers , on a bad day me and some of the girls will start talking and it gets fun. hardest part is catching thieves. the best part was working with the best girls and helping customers who needed it.
Pros
discounts
Cons
lock up
Fun and creative
Stylist and Blogger (Current Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland21 January 2018
I learnt how to media plan and style from this job.
A typical day involves me looking for creative inspiration online, and then taking my own version of the inspired photos with the clothes given to promote.
Pros
Free clothes
Cons
Once every two months
good
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Christchurch, Canterbury30 November 2017
Good easy work picking stock and restocking shelves, most enjoyable part is the staff benefits from working at Glasson's, work starts early but usually finished by the afternoon which is another benefit.
Pros
Staff Benefits
Cons
Early starts
Fun work place
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Christchurch, New Zealand25 August 2017
Working at Glassons, was an amazing experience. I learnt a lot from this company and would consider working for them again if I move back to New Zealand. The work environment was always positive and the management team did an excellent job at making sure you were always improving on your skills. The best part of the job is getting to work with some amazing and outgoing fashionable people.
Pros
Discounted product
Cons
Working weekends
enjoyed it thoroughly.
Training casual Christmas staff (Former Employee) –  Westfield St Lukes, Auckland9 June 2017
good experience. learned a lot and became a better sales representitive. built character and patience and allowed me to enhance my skills and develop more.
Awesome!!
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Takapuna, Auckland14 May 2017
Learnt a lot fashion wise, gave me good skills to carry on I learnt alot. Loved the girls. Supportive and encouraging team. Absolutely lovely area to work in. right by the beach in summer. Beautiful!! One of my first jobs. Love it! Thanks Kate Dyson for being an awesome manager and helping me get out there in my retail career!!!!!

From Christina!!!!!
Pros
Great team.
Min Wage
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Mount Wellington, Auckland23 February 2017
boring, unchallenging work
awesome co workers
30 hours p/w is considered full-time
min wage if your a sales assistant
high employee turn over, opportunity to get ahead within the company if you express interest
Fast paced, fun, high fashion
Flagship Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Wellington, NEW ZEALAND13 February 2017
Glassons has been a fun, challenging and rewarding company to work for, where your hard work is recognized while you climb the enticing retail ladder to success. With over 30 stores nationwide in NZ, and 30 stores in Australia, Glassons is a company that is strong on expansion.
The flagship store for the country (New Zealand) is a fast paced envrioment, where I can assure you, no two days are the same! With regular customers coming in store on the daily to shop all the fantastic, fun and fresh new product!
The environment oozes high fashion, fun and friendly fashion consultants, strong visual merchandising with a creative flair and an all rounder positive energy!
Glassons is a multi million dollar company, with fresh new lines dropping each and every week, consistently keeping up with the latest trends, while offering the best shopping experience for the modern day woman.
Glassons provides a generous opportunity for growth, a desirable discount and a chance to let your inner retail star shine!
What more could you want in your retail career?
Pros
Fun enviroment, succession opportunities, discount on clothing
Fun environment to work in
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland11 January 2017
A typical day at work would include greeting customers, serving customers on till, helping them to pick a suitable outfit and managing the fitting rooms. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the people i worked with, The girls were always so happy and the music was great too.
Young environmennt, no organisation
Management (Former Employee) –  Mount Wellington, Auckland16 July 2016
Okay company, head office can most times be very sour they dont take into consideration the hard effort and extra hours team puts in and instead focuses on the negatives as to why something may not be up to standard, pressures the management , however seems to never follow up with issues that may arise.
Its a normal 8-5 job, and the staff and management are not respected as much as they should be , no training put in place for staff in general which means there is no structure or organisation in all aspects.

Good company if you just want some money through uni or part time role, but I highly recommend it is not a company where you can spend more than 5 years at and get a pay rise for your dedication and hard efforts and be apprechiated !!!

Lack of communication, to much blaming and no one takes ownership as most staff are underaged and dont really care.
Pros
Reasonabale style of clothing, good to step up position wise as people always leave if offeredetc
Cons
No structure if you want to be in managemennt, poor pay, rude head office members, no training that enhanses you within the retail industry
Productive and open environment
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manukau City, Auckland6 July 2016
Glassons was a good workplace for me to socialise more and get along with customers. You also make a great bond with other employees which also built my confidence and allowed me to become more comfortable in this workplace.
Pros
socialising with customers
Cons
Restrictions for shoes
Very productive
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westgate, Auckland20 May 2016
It is always busy and there is always something to do. There is never time to sit and do nothing.

Co-workers are friendly and welcoming.

Hardest part was learning how to use the computer in a short amount of time.

Cleaning up was also very hard at the end of the day.
fun, enjoyable enviorment.
Full time sales-person (Former Employee) –  New Lynn21 September 2015
Typical day is meeting new people, creating relations with regular customers.

Multi-tasking between customers and jobs that need to be done.

Management, you'll start to see the ones that really love their job and encourage the team and then there are the ones who are just working their 8-5 shift.

Co-workers will become your "sisters". Team-work is key in this company and you'll enjoy everyday working with them.

Hardest part is probably having to be on your feet for most of the shift. so comfortable foot-wear is a must.

Enjoyable part is when a customer returns after remembering how much you've helped them on their last visit & having them thank-you about how amazing they looked, seeing photos of them in the outfits you helped put together.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Being on your feet most of the shifts.
Productive and friendly
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auckland, NZ29 January 2015
Learned alot of new things each day. Working with customers and always made me happy when they leave the store happy with what they wanted.
Friendly work place with great environment to learn
Retail assistant (Former Employee) –  Nelson,7 October 2014
Participated in the training program which helped improve my sales skills a lot and meet targets. awesome team, loved helping people feel like a million bucks with the change of an outfit!
Pros
Rooster system, flexible hours
Fun and stressful workplace
Assist store manager (Former Employee) –  Tauranga, New Zealand18 June 2014
Very busy with lots of difficult customers dealing with targets and staff members could be tricky at times

it was a team of girls which can also be difficult at times but also we were very close like a family.
Pros
Working with friends
Cons
Difficult customers
Fast paced/goal orientated environment
Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Riccarton18 December 2013
It was nice to work in a place where employees were valued, especially those who worked hard. The reviews and pay rises were good considering most retail stores keep their part-time staff on minimum. Because a lot of staff where students the turnover was quite high but that kept the place fresh. I enjoyed working there but the career progression within that company was not what I was looking for. I really liked my time at Riccarton.
Pros
Christmas Baking Roster!
Cons
Everyone works Boxing Day.