Glassons
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Glassons Employee Reviews

New Zealand27 reviews
Job and dress policies are nonnegotiable but sometimes seem unreasonable. Discount is decent however is undermined by certain policies. Workplace culture, managers and employees are pleasure to work with, however management is very strict however this is not a big issue.
Pros
Good breaks/break management
Cons
dress code policies
Great structure and incentives. Fun work environment and motivating. Lots of encouragement to succeed and many of my colleagues see a career for life with Glassons
Pros
Good pay. Regional and national management are supportive for you to grow
Cons
Good staff discounts Helpful workers that assist new workers as proper training isn't given for newcomers Most of the time really fast paced which made shifts feel a lot quicker Very cliquey at times Really poor management, didnt care much about workers well-being Sometimes working long hours with a very late break A lot of workers complaining about customers all throughout shifts
Started off good with lots of hours they then dropped dramatically after christmas sometimes only doing 4 hours a week. Some days were easy to meet target & others werent , staff would always compliment then critisize your work efforts . Some staff were rude & would talk behind mannequins & signs . Very sales driven hard to build a relationship with team members, clothing is good as you get a 40% discount, you are expected to wear their clothing to work everyday. Overall was good for experience .
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Not enough hours . Some staff were rude . Minimum wage
So you get subsidised work wear (great clothes) For me I was full time and thoroughly enjoyed it. Sometimes it was a bit cliquey depending who was in and most days we had to do a deep clean with a small hover which took ages!
Pros
Substidised work uniform, friendly people, nice management
Cons
Long hours, hard labour, cliquey, basic pay
Management was not the best. Spoken down to and disrespected, expected to develop minimal to no relationship with colleagues. Extremely poor performance incentives not even worth trying for.
It was a very productive day at Glasson's I enjoyed being part of a team and working hard to make sales goals and meeting all the locals in New Zealand it was in a location where a lot of people who come and visit it was a very clean store and it had a really good structure there were issues with treatment of the employees and a younger management base. I was only their temporary however I really working in fashion even if it was just for a little while the fashion was affordable and trendy.
Pros
You get to wear Glassons Clothing everyday to work!
Cons
Not enough hours.
good day when we get a lot of customers , on a bad day me and some of the girls will start talking and it gets fun. hardest part is catching thieves. the best part was working with the best girls and helping customers who needed it.
Pros
discounts
Cons
lock up
I learnt how to media plan and style from this job. A typical day involves me looking for creative inspiration online, and then taking my own version of the inspired photos with the clothes given to promote.
Pros
Free clothes
Cons
Once every two months
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Glassons?
Good easy work picking stock and restocking shelves, most enjoyable part is the staff benefits from working at Glasson's, work starts early but usually finished by the afternoon which is another benefit.
Pros
Staff Benefits
Cons
Early starts
Working at Glassons, was an amazing experience. I learnt a lot from this company and would consider working for them again if I move back to New Zealand. The work environment was always positive and the management team did an excellent job at making sure you were always improving on your skills. The best part of the job is getting to work with some amazing and outgoing fashionable people.
Pros
Discounted product
Cons
Working weekends
good experience. learned a lot and became a better sales representitive. built character and patience and allowed me to enhance my skills and develop more.
Learnt a lot fashion wise, gave me good skills to carry on I learnt alot. Loved the girls. Supportive and encouraging team. Absolutely lovely area to work in. right by the beach in summer. Beautiful!! One of my first jobs. Love it! Thanks Kate Dyson for being an awesome manager and helping me get out there in my retail career!!!!! From Christina!!!!!
Pros
Great team.
Cons
boring, unchallenging work awesome co workers 30 hours p/w is considered full-time min wage if your a sales assistant high employee turn over, opportunity to get ahead within the company if you express interest
Glassons has been a fun, challenging and rewarding company to work for, where your hard work is recognized while you climb the enticing retail ladder to success. With over 30 stores nationwide in NZ, and 30 stores in Australia, Glassons is a company that is strong on expansion. The flagship store for the country (New Zealand) is a fast paced envrioment, where I can assure you, no two days are the same! With regular customers coming in store on the daily to shop all the fantastic, fun and fresh new product! The environment oozes high fashion, fun and friendly fashion consultants, strong visual merchandising with a creative flair and an all rounder positive energy! Glassons is a multi million dollar company, with fresh new lines dropping each and every week, consistently keeping up with the latest trends, while offering the best shopping experience for the modern day woman. Glassons provides a generous opportunity for growth, a desirable discount and a chance to let your inner retail star shine! What more could you want in your retail career?
Pros
Fun enviroment, succession opportunities, discount on clothing
A typical day at work would include greeting customers, serving customers on till, helping them to pick a suitable outfit and managing the fitting rooms. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the people i worked with, The girls were always so happy and the music was great too.
Okay company, head office can most times be very sour they dont take into consideration the hard effort and extra hours team puts in and instead focuses on the negatives as to why something may not be up to standard, pressures the management , however seems to never follow up with issues that may arise. Its a normal 8-5 job, and the staff and management are not respected as much as they should be , no training put in place for staff in general which means there is no structure or organisation in all aspects. Good company if you just want some money through uni or part time role, but I highly recommend it is not a company where you can spend more than 5 years at and get a pay rise for your dedication and hard efforts and be apprechiated !!! Lack of communication, to much blaming and no one takes ownership as most staff are underaged and dont really care.
Pros
Reasonabale style of clothing, good to step up position wise as people always leave if offeredetc
Cons
No structure if you want to be in managemennt, poor pay, rude head office members, no training that enhanses you within the retail industry
Glassons was a good workplace for me to socialise more and get along with customers. You also make a great bond with other employees which also built my confidence and allowed me to become more comfortable in this workplace.
Pros
socialising with customers
Cons
Restrictions for shoes
It is always busy and there is always something to do. There is never time to sit and do nothing. Co-workers are friendly and welcoming. Hardest part was learning how to use the computer in a short amount of time. Cleaning up was also very hard at the end of the day.
Typical day is meeting new people, creating relations with regular customers. Multi-tasking between customers and jobs that need to be done. Management, you'll start to see the ones that really love their job and encourage the team and then there are the ones who are just working their 8-5 shift. Co-workers will become your "sisters". Team-work is key in this company and you'll enjoy everyday working with them. Hardest part is probably having to be on your feet for most of the shift. so comfortable foot-wear is a must. Enjoyable part is when a customer returns after remembering how much you've helped them on their last visit & having them thank-you about how amazing they looked, seeing photos of them in the outfits you helped put together.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Being on your feet most of the shifts.
Learned alot of new things each day. Working with customers and always made me happy when they leave the store happy with what they wanted.