Glassons
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Glassons Employee Review

Supportive, Energetic and hardworking.

9 September 2012
Shift starts an hour before opening shop, so I would prep the store for the day, Complete any memo's from Head Office. Banking responsibilities and delegating other jobs to staff members. During the day I would be selling to customers on the floor with personal targets given to me to try and achieve. Every customer that you helped and put through would then go under your shop number. Also during the day I might set aside time to complete staff training and coaching or other management responsibilities/tasks that I have to complete. My co-workers are very hard working and focussed on task in hand. We respect each other and are all good friends outside of work. The environment that we have created at glassons is the best part of my job as we all get along and have respect for each other. It makes the job more enjoyable creating a positive atmosphere in the store. The Hardest part of the job is the long hours and late nights.
Pros
a reasonable staff discount at the shop, making great friends
3 January 2020
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) - New Zealand
Good staff discounts
Helpful workers that assist new workers as proper training isn't given for newcomers

Most of the time really fast paced which made shifts feel a lot quicker

Very cliquey at times

Really poor management, didnt care much about workers well-being

Sometimes working long hours with a very late break

A lot of workers complaining about customers all throughout shifts
31 January 2019
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) - New Zealand
So you get subsidised work wear (great clothes)
For me I was full time and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Sometimes it was a bit cliquey depending who was in and most days we had to do a deep clean with a small hover which took ages!
Pros
Substidised work uniform, friendly people, nice management
Cons
Long hours, hard labour, cliquey, basic pay
7 May 2018
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) - Rotorua, Bay of Plenty
It was a very productive day at Glasson's I enjoyed being part of a team and working hard to make sales goals and meeting all the locals in New Zealand it was in a location where a lot of people who come and visit it was a very clean store and it had a really good structure there were issues with treatment of the employees and a younger management base. I was only their temporary however I really working in fashion even if it was just for a little while the fashion was affordable and trendy.
Pros
You get to wear Glassons Clothing everyday to work!
Cons
Not enough hours.