Glassons
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Glassons Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

Sales Assistant8 reviews
New Zealand8 reviews
Awesome!!
Learnt a lot fashion wise, gave me good skills to carry on I learnt alot. Loved the girls. Supportive and encouraging team. Absolutely lovely area to work in. right by the beach in summer. Beautiful!! One of my first jobs. Love it! Thanks Kate Dyson for being an awesome manager and helping me get out there in my retail career!!!!!

From Christina!!!!!
Pros
Great team.
Fast paced, Poor management
Good staff discounts
Helpful workers that assist new workers as proper training isn't given for newcomers

Most of the time really fast paced which made shifts feel a lot quicker

Very cliquey at times

Really poor management, didnt care much about workers well-being

Sometimes working long hours with a very late break

A lot of workers complaining about customers all throughout shifts
Fun place to work
So you get subsidised work wear (great clothes)
For me I was full time and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Sometimes it was a bit cliquey depending who was in and most days we had to do a deep clean with a small hover which took ages!
Pros
Substidised work uniform, friendly people, nice management
Cons
Long hours, hard labour, cliquey, basic pay
Opinion of Glassons in Rotorua
It was a very productive day at Glasson's I enjoyed being part of a team and working hard to make sales goals and meeting all the locals in New Zealand it was in a location where a lot of people who come and visit it was a very clean store and it had a really good structure there were issues with treatment of the employees and a younger management base. I was only their temporary however I really working in fashion even if it was just for a little while the fashion was affordable and trendy.
Pros
You get to wear Glassons Clothing everyday to work!
Cons
Not enough hours.
Min Wage
boring, unchallenging work
awesome co workers

30 hours p/w is considered full-time

min wage if your a sales assistant

high employee turn over, opportunity to get ahead within the company if you express interest
Very productive
It is always busy and there is always something to do. There is never time to sit and do nothing.

Co-workers are friendly and welcoming.

Hardest part was learning how to use the computer in a short amount of time.

Cleaning up was also very hard at the end of the day.
Productive and friendly
Learned alot of new things each day. Working with customers and always made me happy when they leave the store happy with what they wanted.
Supportive, Energetic and hardworking.
Shift starts an hour before opening shop, so I would prep the store for the day, Complete any memo's from Head Office. Banking responsibilities and delegating other jobs to staff members. During the day I would be selling to customers on the floor with personal targets given to me to try and achieve. Every customer that you helped and put through would then go under your shop number. Also during the day I might set aside time to complete staff training and coaching or other management responsibilities/tasks that I have to complete. My co-workers are very hard working and focussed on task in hand. We respect each other and are all good friends outside of work. The environment that we have created at glassons is the best part of my job as we all get along and have respect for each other. It makes the job more enjoyable creating a positive atmosphere in the store. The Hardest part of the job is the long hours and late nights.
Pros
a reasonable staff discount at the shop, making great friends