Glassons Management reviews

Fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Zealand31 January 2019
So you get subsidised work wear (great clothes)
For me I was full time and thoroughly enjoyed it.
Sometimes it was a bit cliquey depending who was in and most days we had to do a deep clean with a small hover which took ages!
Pros
Substidised work uniform, friendly people, nice management
Cons
Long hours, hard labour, cliquey, basic pay
Opinion of Glassons in Rotorua
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rotorua, Bay of Plenty7 May 2018
It was a very productive day at Glasson's I enjoyed being part of a team and working hard to make sales goals and meeting all the locals in New Zealand it was in a location where a lot of people who come and visit it was a very clean store and it had a really good structure there were issues with treatment of the employees and a younger management base. I was only their temporary however I really working in fashion even if it was just for a little while the fashion was affordable and trendy.
Pros
You get to wear Glassons Clothing everyday to work!
Cons
Not enough hours.
Fun work place
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Christchurch, New Zealand25 August 2017
Working at Glassons, was an amazing experience. I learnt a lot from this company and would consider working for them again if I move back to New Zealand. The work environment was always positive and the management team did an excellent job at making sure you were always improving on your skills. The best part of the job is getting to work with some amazing and outgoing fashionable people.
Pros
Discounted product
Cons
Working weekends
Young environmennt, no organisation
Management (Former Employee) –  Mount Wellington, Auckland16 July 2016
Okay company, head office can most times be very sour they dont take into consideration the hard effort and extra hours team puts in and instead focuses on the negatives as to why something may not be up to standard, pressures the management , however seems to never follow up with issues that may arise.
Its a normal 8-5 job, and the staff and management are not respected as much as they should be , no training put in place for staff in general which means there is no structure or organisation in all aspects.

Good company if you just want some money through uni or part time role, but I highly recommend it is not a company where you can spend more than 5 years at and get a pay rise for your dedication and hard efforts and be apprechiated !!!

Lack of communication, to much blaming and no one takes ownership as most staff are underaged and dont really care.
Pros
Reasonabale style of clothing, good to step up position wise as people always leave if offeredetc
Cons
No structure if you want to be in managemennt, poor pay, rude head office members, no training that enhanses you within the retail industry
fun, enjoyable enviorment.
Full time sales-person (Former Employee) –  New Lynn21 September 2015
Typical day is meeting new people, creating relations with regular customers.

Multi-tasking between customers and jobs that need to be done.

Management, you'll start to see the ones that really love their job and encourage the team and then there are the ones who are just working their 8-5 shift.

Co-workers will become your "sisters". Team-work is key in this company and you'll enjoy everyday working with them.

Hardest part is probably having to be on your feet for most of the shift. so comfortable foot-wear is a must.

Enjoyable part is when a customer returns after remembering how much you've helped them on their last visit & having them thank-you about how amazing they looked, seeing photos of them in the outfits you helped put together.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Being on your feet most of the shifts.
Fun workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manukau1 July 2013
I enjoyed working here but at times it would get boring. I learnt how to do alot of things such as working with the till and how to deal with people as it was my first job. Management at times did not have staff members best at heart but was good. Loved the co-workers because we all built a strong rapport amongst each other.
Pros
Free lunch on Fridays
Cons
Pay
Supportive, Energetic and hardworking.
Sales Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, New Zealand9 September 2012
Shift starts an hour before opening shop, so I would prep the store for the day, Complete any memo's from Head Office. Banking responsibilities and delegating other jobs to staff members. During the day I would be selling to customers on the floor with personal targets given to me to try and achieve. Every customer that you helped and put through would then go under your shop number. Also during the day I might set aside time to complete staff training and coaching or other management responsibilities/tasks that I have to complete. My co-workers are very hard working and focussed on task in hand. We respect each other and are all good friends outside of work. The environment that we have created at glassons is the best part of my job as we all get along and have respect for each other. It makes the job more enjoyable creating a positive atmosphere in the store. The Hardest part of the job is the long hours and late nights.
Pros
a reasonable staff discount at the shop, making great friends