Glassons

Glassons Employee Review

Supportive, Energetic and hardworking.
Sales Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, New Zealand9 September 2012
Shift starts an hour before opening shop, so I would prep the store for the day, Complete any memo's from Head Office. Banking responsibilities and delegating other jobs to staff members. During the day I would be selling to customers on the floor with personal targets given to me to try and achieve. Every customer that you helped and put through would then go under your shop number. Also during the day I might set aside time to complete staff training and coaching or other management responsibilities/tasks that I have to complete. My co-workers are very hard working and focussed on task in hand. We respect each other and are all good friends outside of work. The environment that we have created at glassons is the best part of my job as we all get along and have respect for each other. It makes the job more enjoyable creating a positive atmosphere in the store. The Hardest part of the job is the long hours and late nights.
Pros
a reasonable staff discount at the shop, making great friends
Cons

Other Glassons Employee Reviews

Fast paced, Poor management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Zealand3 January 2020
Good staff discounts
Helpful workers that assist new workers as proper training isn't given for newcomers
Most of the time really fast paced which made shifts feel a lot quicker
Very cliquey at times
Really poor management, didnt care much about workers well-being
Sometimes working long hours with a very late break
A lot of workers complaining about customers all throughout shifts
Was a ok place to work but not great.
Christmas casual (Former Employee) –  Rotorua District, Bay of Plenty29 March 2019
Started off good with lots of hours they then dropped dramatically after christmas sometimes only doing 4 hours a week. Some days were easy to meet target & others werent , staff would always compliment then critisize your work efforts . Some staff were rude & would talk behind mannequins & signs . Very sales driven hard to build a relationship with team members, clothing is good as you get a 40% discount, you are expected to wear their clothing to work everyday. Overall was good for experience .
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Not enough hours . Some staff were rude . Minimum wage