Glassons
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Glassons Employee Reviews

New Zealand26 reviews
Job and dress policies are nonnegotiable but sometimes seem unreasonable. Discount is decent however is undermined by certain policies. Workplace culture, managers and employees are pleasure to work with, however management is very strict however this is not a big issue.
Pros
Good breaks/break management
Cons
dress code policies
Very busy with lots of difficult customers dealing with targets and staff members could be tricky at times

it was a team of girls which can also be difficult at times but also we were very close like a family.
Pros
Working with friends
Cons
Difficult customers
It was nice to work in a place where employees were valued, especially those who worked hard. The reviews and pay rises were good considering most retail stores keep their part-time staff on minimum. Because a lot of staff where students the turnover was quite high but that kept the place fresh. I enjoyed working there but the career progression within that company was not what I was looking for. I really liked my time at Riccarton.
Pros
Christmas Baking Roster!
Cons
Everyone works Boxing Day.
I enjoyed working here but at times it would get boring. I learnt how to do alot of things such as working with the till and how to deal with people as it was my first job. Management at times did not have staff members best at heart but was good. Loved the co-workers because we all built a strong rapport amongst each other.
Pros
Free lunch on Fridays
Cons
Pay
During this period i have learnt stock merchandising and stock control, I helped with the dailey running of the store and learnt exceptional customer service skills. My co-workers were amazing enthusiastic hard working people, they love there job as much as i did. The hardest part of my job was stock merchandising and stock control where i would prefer to just do till, greeting customers, cleaning, helping people etc. The most enjoyable part of my day is interacting and helping customers.
Shift starts an hour before opening shop, so I would prep the store for the day, Complete any memo's from Head Office. Banking responsibilities and delegating other jobs to staff members. During the day I would be selling to customers on the floor with personal targets given to me to try and achieve. Every customer that you helped and put through would then go under your shop number. Also during the day I might set aside time to complete staff training and coaching or other management responsibilities/tasks that I have to complete. My co-workers are very hard working and focussed on task in hand. We respect each other and are all good friends outside of work. The environment that we have created at glassons is the best part of my job as we all get along and have respect for each other. It makes the job more enjoyable creating a positive atmosphere in the store. The Hardest part of the job is the long hours and late nights.
Pros
a reasonable staff discount at the shop, making great friends