Goodman Fielder
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Goodman Fielder Employee Reviews

Working environment was good, clean and tidy office, nice facilities, however i felt that enough traing was provided for new process, new system and new products.
Pros
Clean office
Cons
less traning sessions/materials
No company culture or values (The management doesn't believe in it!) Focused on saving money and nothing else. No training, no development opportunities for employees, no bonus scheme. Some serious hidden workplace bullying happening in some areas of the business. Where is HR?? Spending all their time recruiting because people leave this place all the time. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone!
Maintenance Meeting at 07:00 to discuss daily paln and issues fro previous day Production meeting at 08:00 to discuss daily plan and issues from previous day Learned that spending money on machinery does prove profits Seeing the company go from a yearly loss of M7$ to making a profit of M3$ was my biggest achievement
Pros
Weekly shop at Less than cost Price on Smallgoods
Cons
Foreclosure
Great company, people and work culture. I was working as a dispatch supervisor and it was amazing to work with the new technology that they had and i am greatful to work in a such company.
lovely staff but management sucks. work lord is not distributed equally. some people get away with doing nothing for the day and where as other have to cover for them not doing anything, and cant even complain coz they would be friends with management team.
Pros
free food
Cons
contract based job
wasn't the best company to work for but taught me what hard work looks like and where it can take you. It taught me about respect and how I should never look at work like a hierarchy level.
Your own boss dealing with contractor, in store management and customers. Early starts to prepare the rotation of stock to be sent back. Reordering of new stock with contractor. Refilling trays, shelves and refrigerator units. Formed great relationships with in store management and workers.
Pros
Own boss
Cons
Early starts
Good working conditions with advanced technologies introduced. High safety regulations with proper safety equipment for employees to use.Enviroment friendly company..
Pros
Transport provided.....Tea break freebies provided
Cons
Long hours at times
Jobs consists of constantly being on your feet and always moving. Very repetitive and gets boring. Good customer service is required. Good product knowledge is required as well
Pros
Flexible hours
The work would differ on a day to day basis, keeping momentum and team morale fresh. a typical day would be contacting customers to update their accounts for the following weeks orders and ensuring that everything was running smoothly on delivery routes. We also would assist new customers in setting up their accounts and advising them on the products available. there was an excellent work/life balance and all the team were motivated and diligent in their roles. Strong management also helped maintain a very positive office environment. As a company supplying fresh bread, we were also entitled to take part in taste trials and regularly received free samples and promotional incentives from local companies, which was a lovely perk of the job.
Run reports, raise Purchase orders, source urgent parts, load New part codes and vendors into SAP Daily contact with Suppliers, Capex and Non stock order raising Accounts payable clearing
I finished school at the end of 2015 and decided to work instead of university. I have been working as a merchandiser for Goodman Fielder since August 2016 and have enjoyed every day working. Unlike other merchandisers I stay in one store which can be very boring at times but also very rewarding, as I make new and more friends every day and find it very easy to maintain work relationships. This company has treated me very nicely and is very accomodating, in just after 3 months I have got a pay rise and now In the process of becoming a team leader, one thing about this company that will shine bright on top of others is you get rewarded for the work you do, in saying that you have to be willing to put in the enough and do more than mediocre. My time at Goodman Fielder has help me become more confident and mature. And would recommend joining this company whether it be merchandising as a first time job or for any other position
Pros
Career advancements, pay
Cons
They treat me well as a company. I get to travel to different supermarkets, and paid towards doing so. i get to use my own car and not have to rely on anyone but myself. im not standing in the same place 8 hours a day. i get to learn time management skills.
Pros
paid for kms
Cons
you dont know how much work you have until you get to a supermarket
I rate this company they reward staff and have satisfactory wage benifits at higher Level staff moral is pretty good I would recommend this company to all
Pros
Paid lunch hours /callback rates
Cons
Long days
my day was always full on but i enjoyed my job very much, the only reason i left this job is i had to move back up north to look after my sick mother.
Pros
company car
Cons
long days some time over time but i still did it
Good environment, very helpful, easy to adapt to, putting boxes on a platform then wrapping it up and storing it in a truck
work started every week day at 5:30am and went up until 4pm. it was a very fast paced, stressing work environment as product had to be out on time ad in full. a slight mix up could cost a whole day of work and put us far behind. but not once did we fail to meet targets and goals and i was to check over everything just to make sure there were no set backs and faults. my time management and ability to work in a demanding job has become of this. i was able to work as an individual and in a team, being able to communicate with others that do not or are not able to do the same maturely and respectfully in return. the hardest part was the time management, as it was the whole bases of income for the company and ourselves (quality was priority) and the most enjoyable was seeing the product in food stores.
Reviewing of claims from Foodstuffs & Progressive Group. Followup of disputes if any against the claims. If no disputes settling the claim.Monthly basis reviewing / calculating of rebates for Route & National customers & settling the same at month end.
Pros
Company provides items for breakfast
Cons
nothing
Many years of good memories, great people and life time friends. 18 years service reflects are a good place to work and have a long career. Many opportunities to further your skill set and develop your career, strong focus on health and safety and food safety.
Pros
Free bread and pies
Productivity in a work place is very important as this results in work management, KPI's, team attitude and overall competence. My key role in every team I have joined is boostin team moral and attitude - for me doing this on a daily basis I have introduced daily team building games that are played in every daily meeting resulting in positive feedback. Soon this would be a part of my role which I have enjoyed very much - not only arranging team building exercises but also arranging work events for outside office hours which was a great success. Working effectively independently but feeling a part of a great team atmosphere is a great feeling whilst you work.
Pros
productivity
Cons
time allowance
Provides support when in need. Drives on people focus. Has a healthy working environment Plenty of opportunities to grow within the business Has great people to work with.
  1. Employee Reviews