Green Cross Health Employee Reviews

Understaffed and underpaid.
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Auckland13 July 2019
Out of all the big pharmacy cooperations (Countdown, Chemist Warehouse), Green Cross pays the lowest for pharmacists, technicians, and pharmacy assistants, especially if you work in Auckland.

Job conditions can be variable between stores, as some stores are fully-controlled by the company, others are just franchisees.

The company takes the “customer is always right” attitude to the extreme, and the owners/ managers are not supportive. If you work in a position where you have to serve customers, be prepared to get seriously reprimanded by your manager for any complaints they throw at you.
Cons
Long hours, insufficient staff.
Fun work place
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland27 February 2019
We work away from head office and our store work culture is great, team are always focused on goals ahead. The management are great set of people we look for support.
Productive & fun work place
Finance Analyst for Medical Division (Former Employee) –  Ellerslie, Auckland16 July 2018
Got a chance to use advance excel skills and always got necessary support and system help when required also got a chance to learn some additional excel tricks
Good workplace
Junior Administrator (Current Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland12 November 2017
I learned a lot about the accounting systems and accounting terms that I can carry through in my skillset for the near future. The hardest part of the job is making sure there are no errors in the accounting systems because most of the time, you are dealing with significant figures that need to be accurate. The most enjoyable part of the job is making new friends and meeting new people.
Pros
Friendships, close food shops
Productive and fun workplace
Account payable intern (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland5 April 2017
I worked as an account payable intern. The company provide a good workplace culture. The first of my work they present an excellent company history to me and other interns. People are willing to teach and show me how to be a professional account payable officer. It was a great workplace
Green Cross Health Ltd
Financial accountant (Current Employee) –  Ellerslie, Auckland25 February 2017
It's a very busy work place, but I've gained heaps of experiences from this busy work environment.
Great team work, always helping each other.
The hardest part about my job is meeting a strict deadline.
Pros
Team work and friendly
Cons
Too many busy deadlines
Many opportunities
Retail Manager Pharmacy (Former Employee) –  New Zealand14 February 2017
The benefit of working for Green Cross Health is that they have many pharmacy locations, so transferring to other stores is possible if you're at the right place at the right time.
Pros
market leader
Cons
I never found the company culture particularly enticing (offsite)