Green Cross Health
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Green Cross Health Employee Review

Understaffed and underpaid.

13 July 2019
Out of all the big pharmacy cooperations (Countdown, Chemist Warehouse), Green Cross pays the lowest for pharmacists, technicians, and pharmacy assistants, especially if you work in Auckland.

Job conditions can be variable between stores, as some stores are fully-controlled by the company, others are just franchisees.

The company takes the “customer is always right” attitude to the extreme, and the owners/ managers are not supportive. If you work in a position where you have to serve customers, be prepared to get seriously reprimanded by your manager for any complaints they throw at you.
Cons
Long hours, insufficient staff.
27 February 2019
Business Manager (Current Employee) - Auckland City, Auckland
We work away from head office and our store work culture is great, team are always focused on goals ahead. The management are great set of people we look for support.
22 February 2019
Pharmacy Sales Assistant (Former Employee) - Queen Street, Auckland
Cleanliness and stock- taking are properly monitored
No room for mistakes, otherwise business manager will reprimand

Toxic workplace so one has to handle pressure very well

Know how to manage workmates with different culture

Being smart and friendly is a must
Cons
Dependency of tasks
12 November 2017
Junior Administrator (Current Employee) - Auckland City, Auckland
I learned a lot about the accounting systems and accounting terms that I can carry through in my skillset for the near future. The hardest part of the job is making sure there are no errors in the accounting systems because most of the time, you are dealing with significant figures that need to be accurate. The most enjoyable part of the job is making new friends and meeting new people.
Pros
Friendships, close food shops