Hallensteins Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Retail Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland8 July 2019
Although it was great environment management would not properly understand the social things I have in my life outside of work including sport and family
Pros
Good discounts
Cons
No hours (rare if so) and no pay rise unless you are a manager
a good workplace
Warehouse assistant (Former Employee) –  East Tamaki, Auckland16 March 2019
A typical day at work consisted of attending a team meeting, then picking garments, packing them in boxes and dispatching them off. Sometimes we would have extra jobs afterward such as barcoding, new lines( putting clothes away or sorting them out in sizes) and cleaning up the workspace. I have learned how to work in a team and clearly follow instructors from my supervisors. I have learned how to use their computer and handheld gun programmes. I also took part in stocktakes - which were taken very seriously. The hardest part of the job was maintaining speed. It was a physically demanding job, where you had to be on your feet the whole time, so sometimes I just had to try push through tiredness to get the work done. The most enjoyable part would be that it wasn't rocket science, you knew what you had to do. Supervisors allocated everyone jobs, there was no confusion as to what had to be done each day. As a full-time high school student, this job suited me very well.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Hours ( depended on the work load)
Fun place to work
Christmas Casual (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland14 February 2019
Hallenstiens was the first retail job i had, they taught me everything i would ever need to know and were extremely patient. The emplyees there were all fun and enjoyed what they did. The company always made sure to make sure there staff were valued and gave incentives.
Pros
amazing place to work
Cons
lots of standing
Fun workplace to work with. Management is great
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland12 February 2019
Great working environment, I have learnt alot from this company. Management is great. I have a lot of skills and experience. I have been there 3 years
Excellent place to work
Christmas Casual - Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Wellington City, Wellington19 January 2019
Great culture, and team atmosphere. Good induction processes and a feeling of inclusion. Enjoyed the role very much.
I was involved in reaching sales targets, stocking shelves, selling and customer services skills. Assisting customers with sizes and ordering in if required.
Nice and fun environment
3ic (Former Employee) –  Henderson, Auckland25 March 2018
Great and positive experience. Warm and welcoming environment, management was not the best but we managed as best we could. Fast and efficient team which benefit us hugely.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun workplace depending on your team and manager.
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Henderson, Auckland19 November 2017
Typical day is stock in the morning and then selling the rest of the day. You learn how to sell better and how to deal with people. Team at henderson branch is really good. There is no "really hard part of the job. The team is defiantly the most enjoyable part of the job.
Very Productive great team enviroment
Assistant Manager - Hamilton City (Former Employee) –  New Zealand.27 September 2017
Busy from 8am till 12 pm then from 3pm to 6pm.

8 steps to great customer service, which can be used anytime anywhere, any situation. Redseed training.

shared job, great way to learn all management knowledge and requirements if there was a vacancy you are well prepared and confident in advance to pursue that position.

Very friendly, and supportive work together and sometime go out for dinner or after work drinks great team.

When you are try to do the work of a full team with less. Doing reports 3/4 a week.

Building a great team, and management. Making targets, having great customer moments and relationships.
Pros
Play company games
Productive and fun workplace
Distributor (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland9 May 2017
On a typical days work we would come in and have a morning meeting everyday with the whole team to show what is needed to be done for the day then we go and do what is needed and if there was time we would do extra so that the next days work load would be lifted a little.
While working for Hallensteins Brothers I have learnt so many things, when I first started I was a pick/packer and then I continued to move my way up and started to do things on my own like stock control and also some admin work in the office. It was a good 2 years there, I have leant a lot and made some good friends while there.
Pros
Getting taught something new around the building.
Productive and fun workplace with Hallensteins Distribution Centre
Pick Packer (Former Employee) –  Auckland, New Zealand21 February 2017
Working at the Hallensteins Distribution Centre was a great experience for me. The shifts they offered suited my lifestyle. A typical day at work would be moderately busy, which I liked because I was kept occupied throughout the day. The day itself would be managed professionally by my supervisors and they were structured in a way that benefited the company as well as employees (about 2 hours between breaks).

From taking on this role I learnt that I had to have a lot of initiative. For example, if I came across stock in incorrect locations in the warehouse, it would make it easier for everyone/the company if I took on the task of putting it into the correct location without having to be asked to do so. The work culture was to work as a team in order to get the work done. If some pickers finished earlier than others, helping those who were still picking was always the way to go in order to get the job done for the day. Every one was friendly and welcoming which really helped in terms of feeling free to ask for help.

The hardest part of the job for me was going on break in the middle of picking an order. I did not want to go on break in the middle of a pick, therefore a solution that came into play was to pick fast and accurately to get through orders before breaks. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was working in a team oriented environment. I loved helping others and contributing to the team to get through the day. Working behind the scenes at a workplace like Hallensteins Distribution Centre is an environment I feel comfortable in and enjoy being in because I
  more... get a sense of accomplishment.  less
Pros
Discounts, working in a team
Cons
Low salary
Good experience
Retail, Customer service (Former Employee) –  Blenheim, Marlborough2 May 2016
Was a good workplace with good work mates. Was a positive place most of the time and learnt a lot. Wasn't quite my type of job and wenrt able to fit it in around my rowing as we went away through weekends which is we=hen I worked.
Pros
Friendly work mates and good training program.
Cons
Not many hours and often worked sundays.
productive environment
pick n packer (Former Employee) –  East Tamaki, N24 July 2015
good culture within the workplace. fun and enjoyable environment to be in. everyone gets along, everyone has a roll into enhancing the company as a whole.
Pros
staff discount
Cons
fort night payment
First time in customer service
Retail Assistant (NZ) (Former Employee) –  New Plymouth, N1 April 2015
loved working with customers. faced pace environment. Loved meeting daily targets. learnt what it takes to work for an awesome company with good discounts on products.
Pros
friendly co workers
Fun work place, Energy, Room for growth
Salesman (Former Employee) –  Lower Hutt1 December 2014
My time at Hallensteins was short due to the role being a christmas casual.
I was offered a part time position at the end of my contract but unfortunately had over comments,

I learnt allot of social and sales skills during my time at Hallensteins aswell as loss prevention.

My overall experience at Hallensteins was great and would love to work there again.
Pros
VIbe, People, good hours
Cons
Strict ways of approaching customers, i found that the way we were asked to approach customers could sometimes make them feel awkward.