Hallensteins Employee Reviews in Auckland City, Auckland

Fun workplace
Retail Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland8 July 2019
Although it was great environment management would not properly understand the social things I have in my life outside of work including sport and family
Pros
Good discounts
Cons
No hours (rare if so) and no pay rise unless you are a manager
Fun workplace to work with. Management is great
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland12 February 2019
Great working environment, I have learnt alot from this company. Management is great. I have a lot of skills and experience. I have been there 3 years
Productive and fun workplace
Distributor (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland9 May 2017
On a typical days work we would come in and have a morning meeting everyday with the whole team to show what is needed to be done for the day then we go and do what is needed and if there was time we would do extra so that the next days work load would be lifted a little.
While working for Hallensteins Brothers I have learnt so many things, when I first started I was a pick/packer and then I continued to move my way up and started to do things on my own like stock control and also some admin work in the office. It was a good 2 years there, I have leant a lot and made some good friends while there.
Pros
Getting taught something new around the building.
Productive and fun workplace with Hallensteins Distribution Centre
Pick Packer (Former Employee) –  Auckland, New Zealand21 February 2017
Working at the Hallensteins Distribution Centre was a great experience for me. The shifts they offered suited my lifestyle. A typical day at work would be moderately busy, which I liked because I was kept occupied throughout the day. The day itself would be managed professionally by my supervisors and they were structured in a way that benefited the company as well as employees (about 2 hours between breaks).

From taking on this role I learnt that I had to have a lot of initiative. For example, if I came across stock in incorrect locations in the warehouse, it would make it easier for everyone/the company if I took on the task of putting it into the correct location without having to be asked to do so. The work culture was to work as a team in order to get the work done. If some pickers finished earlier than others, helping those who were still picking was always the way to go in order to get the job done for the day. Every one was friendly and welcoming which really helped in terms of feeling free to ask for help.

The hardest part of the job for me was going on break in the middle of picking an order. I did not want to go on break in the middle of a pick, therefore a solution that came into play was to pick fast and accurately to get through orders before breaks. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was working in a team oriented environment. I loved helping others and contributing to the team to get through the day. Working behind the scenes at a workplace like Hallensteins Distribution Centre is an environment I feel comfortable in and enjoy being in because I
  more... get a sense of accomplishment.  less
Pros
Discounts, working in a team
Cons
Low salary