Hallensteins
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Hallensteins Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

Sales Assistant2 reviews
New Zealand2 reviews
The store manager I had at the time (who is no longer the manager of this branch) of working here made coming to work a chore, the job itself was only good when he wasn't there but when I was there the energies in the store between staff seemed to have dropped Majorly. After my first day he complained to another worker about how bad I was at the job, ON THE FIRST 3 HOUR SHIFT. Wasn't very good at training staff, made me feel dumb for asking questions yet complained to other staff about my lack of knowledge in some areas. I learnt nothing being there other than the things I learnt myself over trial and error.
Hallensteins was a great company, this was my first job in retail and all of my co-workers were so helpful and lovely. My manager was Lovely and did everything in her power to ensure all of the employees were happy in their roles. Only let downs would be in regard to the head office as they wouldn’t let you take time off sometimes even for family events which is a bit disappointing but what you can expect in retail. Also sales targets were unrealistic and hard to reach, they put a lot of pressure on and at points resulted in conflict among the team. Also they pay really low for the amount of money you bring in for them along with the amount of work you are expected to do.

Other than that a 10/10 company who i would recommend to anyone wanting a job in retail.
Pros
Lovely staff, passionate managers
Cons
Low pay, sales targets
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Hallensteins?