Hallensteins
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Hallensteins Employee Review

productive environment

24 July 2015
good culture within the workplace. fun and enjoyable environment to be in. everyone gets along, everyone has a roll into enhancing the company as a whole.
Pros
staff discount
Cons
fort night payment
21 February 2017
Same role
Pick Packer (Former Employee) - Auckland, New Zealand
Working at the Hallensteins Distribution Centre was a great experience for me. The shifts they offered suited my lifestyle. A typical day at work would be moderately busy, which I liked because I was kept occupied throughout the day. The day itself would be managed professionally by my supervisors and they were structured in a way that benefited the company as well as employees (about 2 hours between breaks).

From taking on this role I learnt that I had to have a lot of initiative. For example, if I came across stock in incorrect locations in the warehouse, it would make it easier for everyone/the company if I took on the task of putting it into the correct location without having to be asked to do so. The work culture was to work as a team in order to get the work done. If some pickers finished earlier than others, helping those who were still picking was always the way to go in order to get the job done for the day. Every one was friendly and welcoming which really helped in terms of feeling free to ask for help.

The hardest part of the job for me was going on break in the middle of picking an order. I did not want to go on break in the middle of a pick, therefore a solution that came into play was to pick fast and accurately to get through orders before breaks. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was working in a team oriented environment. I loved helping others and contributing to the team to get through the day. Working behind the scenes at a workplace like Hallensteins Distribution Centre is an environment I feel comfortable in and enjoy being in because I
 - more...
Pros
Discounts, working in a team
Cons
Low salary
16 March 2019
Same location
Warehouse assistant (Former Employee) - East Tamaki, Auckland
A typical day at work consisted of attending a team meeting, then picking garments, packing them in boxes and dispatching them off. Sometimes we would have extra jobs afterward such as barcoding, new lines( putting clothes away or sorting them out in sizes) and cleaning up the workspace. I have learned how to work in a team and clearly follow instructors from my supervisors. I have learned how to use their computer and handheld gun programmes. I also took part in stocktakes - which were taken very seriously. The hardest part of the job was maintaining speed. It was a physically demanding job, where you had to be on your feet the whole time, so sometimes I just had to try push through tiredness to get the work done. The most enjoyable part would be that it wasn't rocket science, you knew what you had to do. Supervisors allocated everyone jobs, there was no confusion as to what had to be done each day. As a full-time high school student, this job suited me very well.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Hours ( depended on the work load)
24 February 2020
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) - Rotorua, Bay of Plenty
The store manager I had at the time (who is no longer the manager of this branch) of working here made coming to work a chore, the job itself was only good when he wasn't there but when I was there the energies in the store between staff seemed to have dropped Majorly. After my first day he complained to another worker about how bad I was at the job, ON THE FIRST 3 HOUR SHIFT. Wasn't very good at training staff, made me feel dumb for asking questions yet complained to other staff about my lack of knowledge in some areas. I learnt nothing being there other than the things I learnt myself over trial and error.